Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,714 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Web at War: An Internet Crossover Fighter

Last posted Oct 17, 2012 at 01:31AM EDT. Added Sep 12, 2012 at 10:26AM EDT
172 posts from 28 users

It's been a while since I last talked about this project (besides on the Homestuck General) so I thought I'd like to talk about the progress. Before I do so, though, I'd like to restate what this game is about:

- 40 characters (2 original, 38 internet)
- 20 stages
- 10 interchangeable bosses
- There will be cutscenes

The first time I revealed the game, there were only 4 characters confirmed:

In the time I was gone though, work on many other characters had started as well. Here are characters that will be in the game:

In total, the characters confirmed thus far are John, Karkat, Dirk, Meenah, Homestar, Strong Bad, Bubs, Gabe, Tycho, Miku, Leon, Madotsuki, Monoko, Pico, Sgt. Captain, and Alien Hominid.

Remember, when the first six complete characters are finished, a demo/beta of Web at War will be available. Stay tuned…

Last edited Sep 12, 2012 at 10:28AM EDT

Quantum Meme wrote:

>mfw Thomas Nair knows classic newgrounds characters

Newgrounds Rumble, my friend.

Besides, I used to go there quite a bit. Not so much after their latest redesign, though.

EDIT: @ Ann: Since you're including NG characters, why not include a level based on what you think the NG Portal looks like?

Last edited Sep 12, 2012 at 02:36PM EDT

20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin wrote:

I feel that my progress with this game is going well, which is why I have come to the conclusion that I will raise some numbers.

- 50 characters (2 original, 48 internet)
- 30 stages
- 15 interchangeable bosses

How do ya like them apples?

Hmmm, very intriguing…

Can't wait!

DarkErmac wrote:

Is this game going to have finishing moves?

I have the concept of 5 types:

- Range Hyper (Level 1)
- Melee Hyper (Level 1)
- Rage Hyper (Level 2, Less than 3/4 health)
- Jenkins Hyper (Level 2, randomness)
- Ultra Hyper (Level 3)

If I can try to code it, the Jenkins Hyper could be activated by the Konami Code.

Update! Two new characters, characters that may reside in the back of your brain forever.

This Man and Devil Spoo.

Also, I started writing the script for cutscenes. (starting with the opening movie) I could give you a normal copy/paste snippet of the script right now, but nah. I'm giving you a crappy quality pic just because I'm a prick.

And now for two last questions:

- Do any you make or know people who make music/remixes?
- What's more respectful for Edd Gould: including him or not?

Stay tuned…

Leonard Arch wrote:

Damn Luis, I've been gone for like half a month and this is what you've been doing!? That deserves a high five!

Also, who's Marisa?

"Who's Marisa?"
"Who's Marisa?"
"WHO'S MARISA?"

There is only ONE thing you can do.

Research. Touhou. IMMEDIATELY.

DarkErmac wrote:

A lot of people probably think Edd in a fighting game would be in bad taste. Maybe use his friends/ASDF characters instead.

I see, but there's so many ASDF characters (sans the "I like trains" kid because Edd) who'd make sense, or would I have to make a composite character?

I see, but there's so many ASDF characters (sans the "I like trains" kid because Edd) who'd make sense, or would I have to make a composite character?

how about the potato?

I went with doing a character for each category (pre-kid, post-kid, pre-troll, post-troll) and thought that Dirk had the most playability of the post-kids. Don't worry though, Roxy will be one of Dirk's assists.

oh okay. I dunno why but i really wanted to see Roxy punch Meenah in the face again. will she be using her assault rifle or her fists?

Notices the format in the script

So… it seems that each character always has a partner and all the battles are two vs two. So essentially the arcade mode will automatically pick the characters partner when you chose them?

Actually, that's clever. The scope of the game is large but this would cut the potential work of the cut-scenes in half.

Last edited Sep 15, 2012 at 11:39PM EDT

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Notices the format in the script

So… it seems that each character always has a partner and all the battles are two vs two. So essentially the arcade mode will automatically pick the characters partner when you chose them?

Actually, that's clever. The scope of the game is large but this would cut the potential work of the cut-scenes in half.

Nah man, there's going to be plenty of cutscenes, for playable characters and bosses! As for the whole pairing thing, there will be 1-on-1 and I will try to implement tag team 2-on-2 as well!

Another question. How far are you with the game and do you know when you should be done with it? Also: what are the fighting mechanics like?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!