Canada
Pro: Healthcare, Nice people, Good Education
Con: Weather, Justin Beiber

Know Your Meme
Pro: Wikipedia about Memes, Credible, Image Sharing
Con: Full of Trolls and Newbies who make crappy Entries

Last edited Oct 20, 2012 at 05:52PM EDT

Alberta, Canada (Southern)

Pros: Leading Canadian economy, good jobs and opportunities. Good weather 9/12 months.

Cons: Flat as hell, no forests, mountains or hills to look at or explore.

Cirno wrote:

Wisconsin
Pros: Nice people, cheese, fun things happen year round (festivals, fairs, ect.)
Cons: The winters.

How are the winters cons?
Wisconsin
Pros: WINTERS, decent-sized population, good food, great landscape (I actually live in an area with hills, not flat as fuck plains)
Cons: Scott Walker, the amount of drunks here, the drug problems I have in my area, then there's the teachers, firefighters going on strike…..

North Carolina
Pros: Research Triangle, nice people in my area at least, known for making furniture, historical.
Cons: Not much to do outside, rednecks, some bigots, SO MANY FREAKING OLD PEOPLE!

Last edited Oct 20, 2012 at 07:34PM EDT

Why are so many of us in Wisconsin?
Pros: …………..I don't even know. The Onion? The Isthmus? (Except for PS Muller, not funny as f***.)
Cons: Stressful political climate, (Which is probably true for everyone, actually.) poor education system, I don't like sports and as already mentioned, there is a lot of alcohol. Do newspapers in other places have not just weekly food reviews but beer reviews as well? Didn't think so.

Seal Of Orichalcos wrote:

poor education system

My school's got a pretty decent education system, actually. Solid teachers and everything. Especially the Tech Ed department, best in the state.

Last edited Oct 20, 2012 at 07:40PM EDT

Massachusetts (North Shore):

Pros: Gay marriage is legal, the small/medium sized city I live in has a fairly wealthy population, the education system is strong, there are very strong music, arts, and sports departments in the schools, there are three different colleges with good reputations (one of which being an arts college that I will be attending after my year off), I live near the water, gang violence is basically nonexistent, very good food (I can't think of a restaurant in my area that serves bad food)

Cons: In my city, if you are not part of the wealthier group you are basically dirt poor, there are plenty of people who act like they own the world, the climate changes can be very drastic, people complain that there is nothing to do here when in fact there is a ton of stuff to do, frankly people in this area complain way too god damn much.

Last edited Oct 20, 2012 at 09:13PM EDT

I am AHO Right? wrote:

Why are so many of us in Wisconsin?
Pros: …………..I don't even know. The Onion? The Isthmus? (Except for PS Muller, not funny as f***.)
Cons: Stressful political climate, (Which is probably true for everyone, actually.) poor education system, I don't like sports and as already mentioned, there is a lot of alcohol. Do newspapers in other places have not just weekly food reviews but beer reviews as well? Didn't think so.

Wisconsin Party.
Pros: Good mix of seasons/seasonal activities, nice scenery in certain places, decent education compared to the rest of the United States (not good by any standard, but better than nothing),close to Canada.
Cons: Liberals in parts of the state acting like it's the end of the world every time a Republican gets elected, Republicans in the other part of the state acting like the Liberal part is crazy because they act like it's the end of the world every time a Republican gets elected, doesn't really get mentioned in films, books, etc. alcohol culture (lots of DUI related law firms).

Last edited Oct 20, 2012 at 09:46PM EDT

Ontario, Canada (Specifically Toronto)

Pros: Nice, hot summers. Mild winters. Good food. Multicultural (food, entertainment, etc). Healthcare, social programs.

Cons: Traffic, too many cars. Impossible to drive around downtown, so-so education system. Shit-tier sports teams (Toronto Maple Leafs [NHL])
Last edited Oct 20, 2012 at 11:20PM EDT

Toms River, New Jersey
Pros: Really Close to two nice beach towns (Point Pleasant and Seaside for fellow New Jersians).Quiet and pretty neighborhood. Bangable and very talented women.
Cons: Swagfags, guidos, and general douches. My neighborhood is filled with younger, irritating kids and old people. Generally shitty due to lack of respect from dumb-ass, previously mentioned categories of people.

Richmond, Virginia
Pros: Rich history, mild temperature, east side is the best side.
Cons: Richmond was the murder capital of the south, a lot of blacks and red necks, nothing special ever happens here. To far away from everyone I know.

Sav wrote:

United Kingdom:

Pros: universities, good jobs

Cons: the weather, the cuisine (cranberry in a burger? really?)

Cranberry in a burger? Never seen it. However I did have what I like to call a tentacle sandwich in New York City…

Oh god, why…

Last edited Oct 21, 2012 at 04:51AM EDT

South Brazil
@Pros: The weather is pretty nice, fresh air, trees.
@Cons: Where do I start?
-Being assumed you suck at games because You are "huehuehue, gimmi monay plos"
-Stereotypes
-Awfully retarded music

Last edited Oct 21, 2012 at 11:09AM EDT

Houston Texas
Pros: Big stuff, Southern Hospitality for the most part. Kinda can get almost anything in Texas
A lot of other Users live in Texas. "Keep Austin Weird" Amuses me when I don't even live in Austin, Texas. The Economy in Texas.

Cons: Are we there yet? Why is it so damn hot.

According to Opspe's map
10 people also live in Texas

Last edited Oct 21, 2012 at 11:29AM EDT

Massachusetts

Pros: The people in my area are pretty welcoming and nice. Just like Harley said, there's pretty good restaurants around here. Gay marriage is legal, which is a nice thing. Very efficient state in terms of energy. Great ecology. Excellent in arts and culture. I'm attending a school with a solid educational system, which is palpably great. I haven't been here for very long, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Cons: The community I'm a part of isn't as diverse as I'd like it to be. That's not to say that I live in an all-white community, in fact, one of the first people I befriended here is Asian, and I have multiple African-American friends, as well as a half-Latino friend. But the fact remains that there's certainly far more white people on my campus and in my area in general. There are some pretty obnoxious fundamentalist Christians here, and some atheists that are just as annoying. High tax burdens, although that's understandable. Scott Brown. There are some inconsiderate people here, but there are some in every community. I haven't yet experienced a Massachussets winter yet, but being from the south, I'm not sure whether or not it will be very pleasant for me.

Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada

PROS: nice dry powder in the winter for snowboarding/skiing, mainly sunny summers, 80,000+ population(it's decent considering other cites in Canada), 2 ski resorts in the area( one's a 20 minute drive and the other only takes 45 mins plus it's open year round)

CONS: gets to -40 degrees celcius in the winter and +40 celcius in the summer, very arid and dry in the summer, shitty drivers

Last edited Oct 21, 2012 at 01:35PM EDT

ChaoticJ_202 wrote:

Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada

PROS: nice dry powder in the winter for snowboarding/skiing, mainly sunny summers, 80,000+ population(it's decent considering other cites in Canada), 2 ski resorts in the area( one's a 20 minute drive and the other only takes 45 mins plus it's open year round)

CONS: gets to -40 degrees celcius in the winter and +40 celcius in the summer, very arid and dry in the summer, shitty drivers

I lived there when I was a little dude. Shit was so cash.

Oh yeah, I just remembered another con. Extremist democrats/liberals everywhere. This of course is to be expected from a democratic state. I'm not officially a member of any party, but I swear I can not listen to another rant about how republicans are gonna destroy the country.

Michigan in general (I haven't lived in Lansing long enough to do a pro/con list about that)

Pros:
– Never too far away from a lake or beach
– Gorgeous scenery and landscapes
– Lots of places to vacation to without leaving the state (Mackinac Island, the UP, any of the Great Lakes, our State Parks and wilderness areas)
– The Mackinaw Bridge is pretty cool
– Great place to live if you like hunting or fishing or just being outdoors
– Plenty of great colleges to choose from
– Detroit Tigers
– Detroit Red Wings (when there's hockey, anyway)
– Some pretty cool famous people are from Michigan
– Decent weather in the summer (can get hot but that's rare, this summer was an exception. The winters suck but bring in a lot of tourism so that can be a pro and a con)

Cons:
– The job market fucking sucks
– Our Governor is an idiot
– Detroit getting nothing but bad publicity all the time (being crime-ridden and all that)
– People can't fucking drive
– There's road construction ALL THE FUCKING TIME
– As I said, the winters suck, especially along the west side near Lake Michigan and in the UP. LOTS of snow and it can get pretty cold
– Detroit Lions (most of the time)
– Detroit Pistons

Last edited Oct 22, 2012 at 09:14PM EDT

Tennessee

Pros:
-super beautiful.
-lots to see and lots of famous people born here.
-lots of history and If you like antiques then you'll love this place (There are like 10 antique shops in my small town.)
-Nashville is pretty awesome.
-most everyone here is kind.

Cons:
-everyone is super religious, lots of homophobia and racism (Giving me a hard time because I'm a lesbian and I'm agnostic).
-there's A LOT of stupid people.
-everyone here has a bad taste in music (No one likes real country anymore and if I hear someone sing Taylor Swift one more time my head is going to explode.)
-lots of wannabe country singers.
-weird weather (It will be a desert one day and the next day will be stormy.)

Texas
PROS: Has nice culture.
Cons: Also has lots of fat people. Hot weather in the spring. Hot weather in the summer. Hot weather in the fall. Hot weather in the winter. I swear to god I have gotten dehydrated 6 times already! Also, I live in a shitty neighborhood due to my family's income being low. Almost every guy around me is a hood rat. I want to move to Canada. ;_;

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!