Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,714 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Web at War Update

Last posted Jan 18, 2013 at 09:23PM EST. Added Jan 15, 2013 at 11:57AM EST
31 posts from 11 users

My project, Web at War, will change genres for story-driven reasons. As I kept working on WaW, I felt that there should be a story between all of the characters. I knew that it would have been a bit contrived to try to smash a story as long as the one I came up with into an arcade-style fighting game, which is why I switched to the RPG genre. RPGs are perfect to convey a long story with huge casts.

Don’t worry though, as I’m trying to strive for a combo-based action RPG. If you don’t know what I mean, check up on Namco X Capcom, Endless Frontier and Project X Zone. All three games are good examples of the type of RPG I’m striving for. Another thing is that WaW’s cast has now grown much bigger.

- As a fighting game, the game had 50 characters and 15 bosses.
- As an RPG, the game will now have 160 characters and 70 enemies/bosses.

As for the engine for the game, I am using RPG Maker VX as opposed to MUGEN when it was a fighting game. Here’s a picture of me working on it:

A new teaser trailer will be released sometime in the upcoming months to represent the new version of Web at War. Now I want to know, do you guys want the full roster now or do you want to wait later on? I will say, the roster is HEFTY.

Stay tuned…

Hmmm, I guess I can say that all of the characters/bosses I revealed the first time are all confirmed, and that's only 65 out of over 230. THIS IS GOING TO BE A BIG STORY.

Also, I'll try implementing obtainable supers and items. For example, imagine Strong Bad obtaining and licking a Juju lollipop… wait, is that considered spoilers?

Last edited Jan 15, 2013 at 02:12PM EST

MWAHAHAHAHA!!! cough Seriously though, I'm planning on putting items that will give characters new supers, even ones that originate from comics and tv shows. For example:

Juju Lollipop- Saccharine Corruption
Big Lipped Ball- LAZAR!
Piece of Steamroller- Za Wurado
Piece of Big Dipper- Hokoto Hakyuretsu Ken
Jar of Rainbows- Sonic Rainboom

and so on…

Last edited Jan 15, 2013 at 03:10PM EST

You should be able to buy Scouters that will tell you what an enemy level and stats are.

Or wait, this isn't Tales, I guess it wouldn't work like that. I guess I will take that to my own RPG. xD

Also, I say you should go ahead and announce all the playables as you draw their idles. Maybe even some of the early bosses.

Last edited Jan 15, 2013 at 03:23PM EST

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

>Juju lollipop
>JUJU LOLLIPOP

Oh dear god no.

YOu CANNOT
ESCAPE
THE TRICKSTERS!

LOL GUYS I HAVE CAPS LOCK AND ALSO I KNOW ALL ABOUT THOSE CRAZZZYY HOMESTUCKS xDDDDD !!111one1!

20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin wrote:

Hmm, I really should implement scouters somewhere in the game…

Also, I wasn't kidding about the juju stuff, as seen with this concept sketch of mine:

Also, I may have revealed two more characters… yea~

Stay tuned….

Wow, game grumps.

Hmm, I really should implement scouters somewhere in the game…

Also, I wasn't kidding about the juju stuff, as seen with this concept sketch of mine:

Also, I may have revealed two more characters… yea~

Stay tuned….

Lol at Jake saying nooooooo in the back

Also accidental downvote :<

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

IIRC Nyan Cat was confirmed as a boss…

Possible constructive use for the JUJU? (Nyan Cat is very similar to trickster mode in terms of overall colour theme, so the JUJU would return the cat to normal.)

To be exact, Nyan Cat would become Tacnayn in the same vein that Slendy would become Splendorman… WAIT WUT…

Last edited Jan 16, 2013 at 02:02PM EST

Just as long as you know that scouters were originally implemented in DBZ to prove how worthless they were, I have no problem with them, as long as they do not effect character sprites(I don't think you can even do that in the rpgmaker engine) and take up an armor slot, which they logically should.

Ah, I think I found a way to reveal the playable roster without spoiling so hard!

Original: Captain Diamond Channel, Cyber Jade Channel, Quick Style, Lugger Voice

(ʇɐǝɯ) sɹǝbuɐɹ ʎpoɹɐd 'ɹɐʇsuǝʞ 'sɹǝbuıɟ pɐןɐs 'ǝןoɥssɐ ıɐɹnɯɐs 'pɐp 'ןןɐq ןןɐʇsuı 'pıʞ ʇɐɟ 'ʇɐɥ /ʍ pıuıɯoɥ 'pıuıɯoɥ uǝıןɐ 'ɯɐɥbuıuunɔ 'pǝʇ 'ןןıq 'ǝʌǝʇs ǝʇɐʌıɹd 'uıɐʇdɐɔ uɥoظ ˙ʇbs 'spıʞ ɹǝqn 'sdoןɔʎɔ 'ןןǝuɹɐp 'ǝuǝu 'oɔıd :spunoɹbʍǝu

uoıɹ ǝuoʇ 'ɐuuɐʌɐ 'ıʎuɐıʇ onן 'ınן ıʞıqıɥ 'sıdɐן ıʞoɐ 'ʎןıן 'ıɯnb 'ןɐ bıq 'odnʞɐb ınɯɐʞ 'ɐʞnן ǝuıɹnbǝɯ 'ɯɐıɹıɯ 'oʞıǝɯ 'ɐןoן 'uoǝן 'uǝן ǝuıɯɐbɐʞ 'uıɹ ǝuıɯɐbɐʞ 'oʇıɐʞ 'nʞıɯ ǝunsʇɐɥ :pıoןɐɔoʌ

(ɹɐʇs ˙ɥ) ǝxɹoɟ ʎןxnoıɹǝx '(ɹǝʌɐɥunb) sopuɐɯɯoɔ ʇɐǝɥɔ '(ɹǝpɐǝןɹǝǝɥɔ) pɐnbs ןɹıb uǝǝʇ '(ıuıɔuoɹɐןɐd ʎɹɹɐן) uǝǝzoɯıן 'ɹǝuunɹ ɹɐʇsǝɯoɥ ǝɥʇ 'uɐɯoʞuıʇs'ɹɐsɯoɥ 'ʇɐǝɥɔ ǝɥʇ 'pɐs buoɹʇs 'pɐɯ buoɹʇs 'ɯod ɯod 'uɐdızɹɐɯ 'ɥʇıɯsdood 'uʍoʇ ɟo buıʞ 'z ɥɔɐoɔ 'sqnq 'pɐq buoɹʇs 'ɹǝuunɹ ɹɐʇsǝɯoɥ :ɹǝuunɹ ɹɐʇsǝɯoɥ

ʇǝןɹɐɔs ɐıןǝɯǝɹ 'ǝbpǝןʍouʞ ıןnoɥɔʇɐd 'ıʞnqı ɐʞıns 'nɹɐɯıǝɯɐɥs ɐʎɐ 'oɯnʞɐʎ ıɹɐʞnʎ 'ɐʎıɥɔoʞ ǝɐuɐs 'oɹıɥsɐʍɐʞ ıɹoʇıu 'ıʞnsʇɐs uıɹ 'ɐʞnnʎ 'ǝɯıɥoʇoʞ 'uǝןןǝ 'ııظuǝb 'oɹoʞobɐʎ uıɹıǝ 'pıoɹʇɐbɹɐɯ ǝɔıןɐ 'nʞɐduoʞ nɯnoʎ 'ıoʎɐzı ɐʎnʞɐs 'ǝɯɐsıɹıʞ ɐsıɹɐɯ 'ıǝɹnʞɐɥ nɯıǝɹ :ʇɔǝظoɹd noɥnoʇ

ɟɟǝظ ɐןןǝɥ/oɹq ʇǝǝʍs 'puoqɐbɐʌ pɹɐʍʎɐʍ 'ǝdoıןןɐɔ 'ǝdoɹʎd ɐןnʇɐן 'ɯɐɹʇıu ɥoıɟnɹ 'sɐʇuɐʌ ıɹʞuɐʞ 'sǝxıǝd ɥɐuǝǝɯ 'ɹǝpıɹʇs ʞɹıp 'ɥsıןbuǝ ǝʞɐظ 'ǝpuoןɐן ʎxoɹ 'ɹǝʞɔoɹɔ ǝuɐظ 'uoظıǝן ɐʇǝdǝu 'ɯɐɹʇıu soɹʌɐʇ 'ɯɐʎɹɐɯ ɐʎɐuɐʞ 'sɐʇuɐʌ ʇɐʞɹɐʞ 'ʎǝןɹɐɥ ǝpɐظ 'ǝpuoןɐן ǝsoɹ 'ɹǝpıɹʇs ǝʌɐp 'ʇɹǝqbǝ uɥoظ :ʞɔnʇsǝɯoɥ

boɹɟ ǝɥʇ dıןɟ/ʇɐɔ ǝssıɹɐןɔ 'ןǝɹɹınbs ǝɥʇ ʎɯɐ 'bɐzbız 'ɐuıɹqɐs :ǝuıןuo ɐuıɹqɐs

ǝbuɐɹo 'ıʍıʞ 'uoןǝɯɹǝʇɐʍ 'uıʞɯnd :ǝsɹnoɔ ǝbɐnbuɐן ɥsıןbuǝ ǝuıןuo uıʞɯnd

ʇsıɹɥɔ ɐʇuɐs 'ıʇ-ɐɯ 'ɐɹɐʞuıן 'ɔıʇıɹɔ ɐıbןɐʇsou :ǝɯosǝʍɐ ןǝuuɐɥɔ

ɹǝʇsɐɯ ɐظuıu ǝɥʇ 'uɐɯ ʇıɥsןןnq ǝɥʇ 'ǝʞıɯ ɹǝʞɔnɟɹǝɥʇoɯ 'pɹǝu ǝɯɐb oǝpıʌ ʎɹbuɐ :ǝɹɔǝssɐɯǝuıɔ

ɥoqıɹnʞ ǝןʇʇıן '101ɐʇɐɥɐʞɐʇ 'ɹoʇɐdıuɐן 'xoʞɐsɐɯ :ɹɐʇs ɹnoɟ ɯɐǝʇ

ןıʇosɐ 'ddn-oɹb bnɹɐɥb 'ǝʌɐǝʍ-ןןınb 'uɐbɐuɐɯ ɐıʇɐʞ :ןǝnbǝɹd

pooןq uoןɐʇʞɹɐp uǝʌɐɹ ˙ɹp '0002 ɹǝʞɔnɟ ʇınɹɟ 'ǝɥɐɹq oɥɔʎʇ 'ןǝıɹqɐb uɥoظ :ǝpɐɔɹɐ ʎuuǝd

(uʍouʞun) ” “ 'ʍɐןɔ uobɐɹp 'oʇǝʞǝd 'ǝpnp ǝʌɐns 'uɐɯ nɟ-bunʞ :uǝbnɯ

oʇɐʇod 'pıʞ suıɐɹʇ ǝʞıן ı 'ʎnb ɟpsɐ :ǝıʌoɯɟpsɐ

nnsʞıɐɹ 'uɐɯboɹɟ ǝɥʇ 'dɹɐʞ pıʌɐp :ɹןqɯnʇ

sǝןnɔɹǝɥ 'sǝıɹɐ 'oןןodɐ :uǝɯɥɐʇǝǝɥɔ

ʎɹɹɐq 'ǝnbɔɐظ/(uoɹʇuoظ) uoظ '(ɹoʇdɐɹobǝ) uıɹɐ :sdɯnɹb ǝɯɐb

ǝıןooʍ 'ʇɐd 'ʇʇɐɯ :ןʍɐɹq spuǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq ɹǝdns/ʎɐןd spuǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq oʍʇ

xǝןɐ 'ɯıʇ 'ʎɐظ :sʇǝuɹoɥ ǝןqɹɐɯ

ʎɔɹǝd ǝʇɐɹıd 'ǝɔıuɐظ :ǝʌoɔ ǝןpuɐɔ

ɹǝbɐןןıʌ 'ǝʌǝʇs ʇɟɐɹɔǝuıɯ :ʇɟɐɹɔǝuıɯ

ıʞnsʇopɐɯ :ıʞʞıu ǝɯnʎ

ıɥsoɹıɥ :ıuo oɐ

ʌǝןʌoʞɐʎ ɯısɐɹǝb :ʎddɐ ʎddɐɥ

ɐɥɔɐɥɔ ʎqɐq :ןɐǝqɔɯ ʎןןɐ

uɹoɔıun ʇoqoɹ :ʞɔɐʇʇɐ uɹoɔıun ʇoqoɹ

ɐןןǝɟ :ʇɹɐʇuɐıʌǝp

uɐʇ-dx :suɐʇ-so

ʎǝןɟɟǝɥ bǝɹb :pıʞ ʎdɯıʍ ɐ ɟo ʎɹɐıp

ʎnb ɹıɐɥɔןǝǝɥʍ :sןǝǝɥʍ ʎddɐɥ

ɐuɐuɐq buıɔuɐp

uɹoɔıun ǝɥʇ ǝıןɹɐɥɔ

doɔ ǝxɐ

ɐظuıuɔɯ ˙ɹp

ɹǝʞunןǝds

doʍb

ɹǝɥdoqɹıʞ

And this ISN'T including the enemies/bosses!

Stay tuned…

Last edited Jan 17, 2013 at 12:26AM EST

Holy Damn.

But then again, if it's like Project X Zone, they are all going to be paired up in groups of 3, so coding shouldn't take too long…

The script on the other hand, will take even longer. xD

Actually, I was thinking about taking a spin on the whole Pairs thing. Instead of fixed pair units, I was thinking of implementing on people making their own teams of three, 2 playable and 1 assist. Any character can be switched before battle based on who you have in your inventory.

I know it sounds crazy, but I'm gonna try it! Just imagine your 3 favorites fighting off evil together~

This sounds pretty crazy. Now I know why you stopped trying to do this in MUGEN. Then again, it could've been like the Marvel vs Capcom of the Internet world… Ah, I'm rambling again.

You have my support!

Full Cast list:
kirbopher, qwop, spelunker, ib, dr.mcninja, axe cop, charlie the unicorn, dancing banana, happy wheels: wheeןchair guy, diary of a wimpy kid: greg heffley, os-tans: xp-tan, deviantart: fella, robot unicorn attack: robot unicorn, ally mcbeal: baby chacha, happy appy: gerasim yakovlev, ao oni: hiroshi, yume nikki: madotsuki, minecraft: steve, villager, candle cove: Janice, pirate percy, marble hornets: Jay, tim, alex, two best friends play/super best friends brawl: matt, pay, woolie, game grumps: arin (eqoraptor), jon (jontron)/jacque, barry, cheetahmen: apollo, aries, hercules, tumblr: david karp, the frogman, raiksuu, asdfmovie: asdf guy, i like trains kid, potato, mugen: kunq-fu man, suave dude, peketo, dragon claw, “ ” (unknown), penny arcade: john qabriel, tycho brahe, fruit fucker 2000, dr. raven darktalon blood, prequel: katia managan, quill-weavem, gharug gro-upp, asotil, team four star: masakox, lanipator, takahata101, little kuriboh cinemassecre: angry video game nerd, motherfucker mike, the bullshit man, the ninja master, channel awesome: nostalgia critic, linkara, ma-ti, santa christ, online english language course: pumkin, watermelon, kiwi, orange, sabrina online: sabrina, zigzag, amy the squirrel, clarisse cat/flip the frog, homestuck: john egbert, dave strider, rose lalonde, Jade harley, karkat vantas, kanaya maryam, tavros nitram, nepeta leijon, jane crocker, roxy lalonde, jake english, dirk strider, meenah peixes, kankri vantas, rufioh nitram, latula pyrope, caןןiope, wayward vagabond, sweet bro/hella jeff, touhou project: reimu hakurei, marisa kirisame, sakuya izayoi’ youmu konpaku, alice margatroid, eirin yagokoro, genjii, ellen, kotohime, yuuka, rin satsuki, nitori kawashiro, sanae kochiya, yukari yakumo, aya shameimaru, suika ibuki, patchouli knowledge, remelia scarlet, homestar runner: homestar runner, stronq bad, bubs, coach z, kinq of town, poopsmith, marzipan, pom pom, stronq mad, stronq sad, the cheat, homsar, stinkoman, the homestar runner, limozeen (larry palaroncini), teen girl squad (cheerleader), cheat commandos (gunhaver), xeriouxly forxe (h. star), vocaloid: hatsune miku, kaito, kaqamine rin, kaqamine len, leon, lola, meiko, miriam, megurine luka, kamui gakupo, big al, gumi, lily, aoki lapis, hibiki lui, luo tianyi, avanna, tone rion, newqrounds: pico, nene, darnell, cyclops, uber kids, sqt. john captain, private steve, bill, ted, cunningham, alien hominid, hominid w/ hat, fat kid, install ball, dad, samurai asshole, salad finqers, kenstar, parody ranqers (meat), Captain Diamond Channel, Cyber Jade Channel, Quick Style, Lugger Voice.

Also, tell me If I got any names wrong, please.

Last edited Jan 17, 2013 at 09:25PM EST

@ Falcon:

Clever work, I knew someone would find the time to fix that upside down mess. Remember though, I still haven't revealed the list of enemies and bosses yet, so there's still a lot to be seen, just stay tuned…

I have a lot of time.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!