Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,732 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Would You Kill a Killer?

Last posted Mar 05, 2013 at 08:42PM EST. Added Mar 04, 2013 at 06:24PM EST
44 posts from 29 users

This is a completely hypothetical situation.
1. If a man has killed 50+ people and you're next, but you manage to disarm him and have him at gun point, would you?

2. If you let him go and he attacks you again, and you disarm him again, would you then kill him?

3. Would you kill him if he attacked a loved one?

Some people I know argued about this.
I say no, you're just causing more violence. What would you do?

Should I be able to disarm him, is their a possibility for him to escape or can I just call the cops like it's no big deal? Should he be able to escape, is incapacitating him an option?

RandomMan wrote:

Should I be able to disarm him, is their a possibility for him to escape or can I just call the cops like it's no big deal? Should he be able to escape, is incapacitating him an option?

He's a murderous psychopath

Yes, kill him. I'm not a bloodthirtsy maniac, but I would kill him because if I don't, he'll disarm me and kill me and it would be pretty dumb.
1: Yes, I just stated the answer above.
2: Yes, because he might attack again and might kill me this time.
3: Yes, because if he escapes, he might kill someone else.
At least, that's my opinion.

Well, this is an interesting thread.

I'd cripple him as best as I can. If being a quadriplegic doesn't stop him (somehow), I'd do it. The man has already killed 50+ people. Any more he kills after he's fed up with you would be on your ass, you could have stopped him but you didn't. I'm willing to kill one person to save hundreds.

>I say no, you’re just causing more violence.

Well, fuck all the facts and that. There's a goddamn man who's about to kill me. I don't think I have the time to process all that info when he's standing right there.

1. No, I'll try to find a way to call the police.
2. Still no, I would incapacitate them.
3. If they have a weapon, I'll try my best to pry it out of them or find a way to let my love one get away.

Truthfully, I could have easily said yes to all of these. That's the easy way. Shoot and end it all. But, in the long run, I'll know it'll be an everlasting affect on my life. I'm taking a life. A HUMAN life, not some animal in the wild. A person who was once innocent. Who had a dream. Someone who had a bright future, but somewhere a long the line something went wrong.

If I can't even kill an animal, what chance do I have in killing a human? If I DID kill them, it would be out of rage or fear. But, I know, once I finally calm down, it will truly hurt.

"Some people just deserve to die". Sure, I guess. But, I don't want to be the one with blood on my hands.

Lich wrote:

1. No, I'll try to find a way to call the police.
2. Still no, I would incapacitate them.
3. If they have a weapon, I'll try my best to pry it out of them or find a way to let my love one get away.

Truthfully, I could have easily said yes to all of these. That's the easy way. Shoot and end it all. But, in the long run, I'll know it'll be an everlasting affect on my life. I'm taking a life. A HUMAN life, not some animal in the wild. A person who was once innocent. Who had a dream. Someone who had a bright future, but somewhere a long the line something went wrong.

If I can't even kill an animal, what chance do I have in killing a human? If I DID kill them, it would be out of rage or fear. But, I know, once I finally calm down, it will truly hurt.

"Some people just deserve to die". Sure, I guess. But, I don't want to be the one with blood on my hands.

I understand your opinion, and I respect your choice. Still, I'd have to disagree.

As you said, he was once innocent. He had dreams, a bright future…

Just like those people he decided to do away with…

And that's why I say he isn't human anymore. Just a monster, doing as he pleases. With no regards for the people around him and no desire to stop.

And that's why I'm okay with putting him down.

@pervert
Yes it is a human life, but a human that ended 50+ lives and wouldn't hasitate to end mine.I respect your opinion, but I wouldn't feel safe doing anything but killing him right then and there. But I'll admit that vengeance would be part of the equation, not just survival. In my eyes, those sick fucks in the drug cartels and crime syndicates killing innocents and ruining countless lives don't deserve to live. Also demented idiots like the ones shooting up schools or theaters. That's just me though.

Last edited Mar 04, 2013 at 07:30PM EST

I was going to say something like that. We all have a killer instinct, and come to think of it, you're doing a favor not only to society, but to the killer. If you call the police, he will go to prison (or maybe he'll be executed) and it would be much more suffering.

If there is ever a way for me to kill someone who is going after me or someone around me then I will take that chance to kill them. When life is on the line, I do not want to risk anything by trying to incapacitate or disarm. Sometimes, violence is needed to end more violence. Yes, I did just end a life, but if that eliminates the possibility of further death than I will take that chance. I will not go out of my way to murder killers, I would only do this if this if I were ever in a situation where an innocent person's life was in danger.

I let him go, and as he runs out the door I trip him. As he lies on his face, I jump up and down on his back for a few minutes, then I steal his pants just so I can shit in them before giving them back. Then I put him in a box and close it. The I bury the box under all the bodies of the people he killed.
No kill like overkill.

I love threads like this.

Yeah, I probably would. The guy's already killed 50 people, so one can assume that he's not only more capable than the standard killer but also more intelligent and more likely to break free from prosecution in any way possible. Best not to take any chances.

Honestly, I think most anyone would take the shot the second they have it. None of us here, even us who own and practice with firearms, have the experience are the ability to stay calm after wrestling for a serial killer's weapon and be able to aim to deleberatly make a non lethal shot. The adrenaline levels would drive you into an animalistic fury where you wouldn't even be thinking about right or wrong. This shit doesn't go down like movies you know. Also, he's most likely not just gonna stand there. He has nothing to lose really. If he submits, death row or life in prison. He's gonna bum rush you. The best thing to do Is try and aim for his center and fire off multiple shots to kill him.
How people think they would act

How they would really act

You won't be calm and able to make choices, you will revert to your most basic instincts and become a savage animal trying to survive.

Last edited Mar 04, 2013 at 09:22PM EST

1. If a man has killed 50+ people and you’re next, but you manage to disarm him and have him at gun point, would you?

• If I don't think he's a threat, then no. As soon as I think he becomes a threat (e.g, he begins to charge me, he begins looking for something frantically), then yes. Without hesitation.

2. If you let him go and he attacks you again, and you disarm him again, would you then kill him?

• If I don't think he's a threat, then no. As soon as I think he becomes a threat again, then yes. Without hesitation.

3. Would you kill him if he attacked a loved one?

• If I don't think he's a threat anymore, then probably not. If I think he's going to become a threat, then yes. Without hesitation and with less regret than the other two situations.

I can't necessarily say that I would feel good about killing in those situations, but I've gone ahead and made those decisions ahead of time. There's no reason to kill an incapacitated person. Revenge does nothing, and I don't believe in doing harm in order to "rectify" a harm they've done. But if I am an innocent person in a situation and my life is threatened, then I can feel more moral about defending myself even if it results in the death of the offender (and offenders, if they both/all are not innocent in the situation.)

If a loved one is involved, then I'd hope to stay within my moral code, but I can get quite angry. I'm probably more likely to attempt to beat a person beyond submission to properly express rage, because pulling a simple trigger does not relieve rage in the same way pummeling would. But if I have my wits about me, I'll remove a threat to a loved one much more quickly than I would for myself, because I've become responsible for someone else's life. And I'm not going to endanger them as easily based on my morals.

Last edited Mar 04, 2013 at 09:20PM EST

I believe that I would shoot him in the knees, and leave him there, assuming that the cops are already on the way. Since he's killed 50 people already, he might try to take the easy way out anyway, by killing himself. I hate when people decide to take other people's lives, then take there own. Since the killer decided to take other people's lives, justice should decide on his. And he should suffer for what he did, until he dies by execution, prison murder, or natural causes.

Judging by the amount of people saying they would kneecap or incapacitate him in that kind of situation, It's seems that either the cast of top shot from history channel frequents kym or that they haven't shot a gun before. There is no V.A.T.S. mode where you can freeze the killer and pick a limb. It's not that simple. Guns aren't easy to use, no reason to attempt to spare his life and endanger yours. Plus, as I said before, your adrenaline and instincts wouldn't even let you contemplate sparing his life.

Also, I can't comprehend why anyone would spare his life a second time! The guy tried to kill you, you let him go and he's come again to kill! Are you mad?!?!!

Last edited Mar 04, 2013 at 09:44PM EST

Dac wrote:

Judging by the amount of people saying they would kneecap or incapacitate him in that kind of situation, It's seems that either the cast of top shot from history channel frequents kym or that they haven't shot a gun before. There is no V.A.T.S. mode where you can freeze the killer and pick a limb. It's not that simple. Guns aren't easy to use, no reason to attempt to spare his life and endanger yours. Plus, as I said before, your adrenaline and instincts wouldn't even let you contemplate sparing his life.

Also, I can't comprehend why anyone would spare his life a second time! The guy tried to kill you, you let him go and he's come again to kill! Are you mad?!?!!

>Guns aren’t easy to use,

If you can't cap some motherfucker's leg in the same room you shouldn't be handling a gun at all.

Cale wrote:

>Guns aren’t easy to use,

If you can't cap some motherfucker's leg in the same room you shouldn't be handling a gun at all.

Get a handgun buddy, and while someone is screaming at you
and pressuring you to shoot in second, pull off that shot. It's easy to pull the trigger. Getting that tiny piece of metal where you want it to go isn't if you aren't proficient with a gun and I'm going to assume most if not all here aren't.

Last edited Mar 04, 2013 at 10:27PM EST

Dac wrote:

Get a handgun buddy, and while someone is screaming at you
and pressuring you to shoot in second, pull off that shot. It's easy to pull the trigger. Getting that tiny piece of metal where you want it to go isn't if you aren't proficient with a gun and I'm going to assume most if not all here aren't.

>while someone is screaming at you
and pressuring you to shoot in seconds, pull off that shot

This is not as difficult as it sounds, you know.

>Getting that tiny piece of metal where you want it to go isn’t if you aren’t proficient with a gun

Did I not just express that if you can't aim a firearm you shouldn't be holding one.

I'll probably never get him at gunpoint because cats do NOT hold firearms very easily. There is many outcomes that could play out depending on the situation.

1a. – (Weapon ammunition is 1 bullet) I would fire into his leg, crippling enough to probably die of natural hazards, suicide by objects around the subject or being caught by police, then killed. I would then run away, because it would be very odd to see a housecat cause major harm to a psychopath with a firearm.

1b. – (Weapon ammunition is multiple bullets) I would fire into his hands, and then use up or dispose of the remaining ammunition. He would not cause much harm with hands in bad state anymore, so then this would be a better way to disable him. I would then run away, due to witnessing a housecat causing major damage to a psychopath with a weapon is odd indeed.

2a. – (Murderer did not execute other people before hand) He would be stupid to attempt to attack a ordinary yet serious house cat as me. Housecats should not be subjected to kill, but in any case I would let him live more, because torture isn't an option. I'd rather not watch someone continually bleed until they die, or suffer extreme pain for extended periods of time. He will be warned, if he speaks cat for that matter, and will be scratched multiple times by my little cat claws in the face. He will be freed, but in no good condition either if I scratch him in the eyes.

2b – (Murderer did execute other people before hand) He would attempt to kill me, but with more people dead by him. It would be horrific to see him be freed when he murdered more people, so he would be shot if he sees the likes of me yet again.

3a – (Murderer did execute other people before hand, attacks Samuel again) If the murderer returns the third time with blood on his back, the same outcome unfolds like 2b.

3b. – (Murderer did not execute other people before hand, attacks Samuel only, a third time) I would let him go again if he hasn't harmed anyone so far and decides to go for me a third time, but either shooting him in the hands or the leg is dependent on the ammunition and choice of answer 1a and 1b. Basically, I would cripple the other part of the body that has not already been shot. But if the multiple ammunition is prominent in 1b, and I DO shoot him in the leg, and hands, and feet, he will receive multiple bites and scratch marks from me. His weapon would be disposed, and I still can't to anything about turning him in because cats can not notify police well. He will be left to wander wounded.

4 – (Attempts to assaulting me a fourth time without harming other people)
What a fucking insane idiot. He will die, although getting another firearm is highly unlikely, and the chance of a cat that predicts his every move to have him at gunpoint is very prominent. He will be shot no matter what the fourth time.

Great thread, marvelous. I love hypothetical and questionable threads like these, even if it is a bit dark.

Last edited Mar 04, 2013 at 11:59PM EST

Cronus wrote:

I'll probably never get him at gunpoint because cats do NOT hold firearms very easily. There is many outcomes that could play out depending on the situation.

1a. – (Weapon ammunition is 1 bullet) I would fire into his leg, crippling enough to probably die of natural hazards, suicide by objects around the subject or being caught by police, then killed. I would then run away, because it would be very odd to see a housecat cause major harm to a psychopath with a firearm.

1b. – (Weapon ammunition is multiple bullets) I would fire into his hands, and then use up or dispose of the remaining ammunition. He would not cause much harm with hands in bad state anymore, so then this would be a better way to disable him. I would then run away, due to witnessing a housecat causing major damage to a psychopath with a weapon is odd indeed.

2a. – (Murderer did not execute other people before hand) He would be stupid to attempt to attack a ordinary yet serious house cat as me. Housecats should not be subjected to kill, but in any case I would let him live more, because torture isn't an option. I'd rather not watch someone continually bleed until they die, or suffer extreme pain for extended periods of time. He will be warned, if he speaks cat for that matter, and will be scratched multiple times by my little cat claws in the face. He will be freed, but in no good condition either if I scratch him in the eyes.

2b – (Murderer did execute other people before hand) He would attempt to kill me, but with more people dead by him. It would be horrific to see him be freed when he murdered more people, so he would be shot if he sees the likes of me yet again.

3a – (Murderer did execute other people before hand, attacks Samuel again) If the murderer returns the third time with blood on his back, the same outcome unfolds like 2b.

3b. – (Murderer did not execute other people before hand, attacks Samuel only, a third time) I would let him go again if he hasn't harmed anyone so far and decides to go for me a third time, but either shooting him in the hands or the leg is dependent on the ammunition and choice of answer 1a and 1b. Basically, I would cripple the other part of the body that has not already been shot. But if the multiple ammunition is prominent in 1b, and I DO shoot him in the leg, and hands, and feet, he will receive multiple bites and scratch marks from me. His weapon would be disposed, and I still can't to anything about turning him in because cats can not notify police well. He will be left to wander wounded.

4 – (Attempts to assaulting me a fourth time without harming other people)
What a fucking insane idiot. He will die, although getting another firearm is highly unlikely, and the chance of a cat that predicts his every move to have him at gunpoint is very prominent. He will be shot no matter what the fourth time.

Great thread, marvelous. I love hypothetical and questionable threads like these, even if it is a bit dark.

Cale wrote:

>while someone is screaming at you
and pressuring you to shoot in seconds, pull off that shot

This is not as difficult as it sounds, you know.

>Getting that tiny piece of metal where you want it to go isn’t if you aren’t proficient with a gun

Did I not just express that if you can't aim a firearm you shouldn't be holding one.

Read the op question. Ok, now you know why you are holding a gun. Now, assuming your aiming sucks, what would be the better option? To give him the gun?

Trust me I know that shooting a target with a handgun isn't that hard, I shoot my dads 22 and uncles 9mm and 45 quite often. I'm not a marksman by any means though. Still, I don't think I could pull of a specific shot in an extremely tense and stressful situation or even want to try. I dont know how many rounds are in the gun. I won't risk missing even one shot. I can't imagine some one with no prior experience would be very successful either.
Anyways, before you reply, answer this, do you have guns?
But even if you do, that's not important, because you've never been in this situation, so it's foolish to assume anything other than the worst. Most likely you'd be shaking, panicked, and breathing heavily and nothing like when you are firing at a range.

Edit: you know, there is no place really where you can shot and gaurentee he comes out alive. Any gun shot wound can easily be fatal if not treated fast. And the legs and arms aren't the bullet sponges that movies make them out to be. So, if you are going to take the shot, it's asinine to even think about where to hit to spare his life. Just shoot to kill.

Last edited Mar 05, 2013 at 12:35AM EST

No but i would shoot him in to foot and beat him not to death but injure quite badly then phone the police. He needs to feel some of pain he caused but wont kill him then by him just being alive but in prison he would realise the error of his ways.

"No more half measures.."

Seriously though id kill them without a shade of hesitation, the world is too small a place to accommodate these scum (pedophiles, rapists, psychopaths, murderers and the other really dark shit that doesn't hit the news)

You'd be making the world a nicer place to live.

Dac wrote:

Read the op question. Ok, now you know why you are holding a gun. Now, assuming your aiming sucks, what would be the better option? To give him the gun?

Trust me I know that shooting a target with a handgun isn't that hard, I shoot my dads 22 and uncles 9mm and 45 quite often. I'm not a marksman by any means though. Still, I don't think I could pull of a specific shot in an extremely tense and stressful situation or even want to try. I dont know how many rounds are in the gun. I won't risk missing even one shot. I can't imagine some one with no prior experience would be very successful either.
But even if you do, that's not important, because you've never been in this situation, so it's foolish to assume anything other than the worst. Most likely you'd be shaking, panicked, and breathing heavily and nothing like when you are firing at a range.

Edit: you know, there is no place really where you can shot and gaurentee he comes out alive. Any gun shot wound can easily be fatal if not treated fast. And the legs and arms aren't the bullet sponges that movies make them out to be. So, if you are going to take the shot, it's asinine to even think about where to hit to spare his life. Just shoot to kill.

From reading the OP question, if you've managed to disarm him, wouldn't you be right next to him? The only thing that could possibly make you miss is recoil or aiming for something stupidly small (like his finger or some shit).
Also, if you couldn't aim that well, wouldn't your shot not kill him instantly, and it would be likely that if you didn't want him to die you could get him to a hospital?

1) If he charges or goes for a weapon, then blam to the torso. I'm a good shot, so a torso shot in the same room should be pretty easy. If he doesn't do it immediately, call the police with him in my sights. If he charges after that point, I have evidence (the 911 operator) that there wasn't another choice, and I can kill him without legal issues on my ass. I don't get panicked in situations at all, so my aim wouldn't really be off. When I was drowning when I was little, I wasn't panicked at all.

2) >Implying I'd let the guy go

3) Same as first.

Ok, what if the god of all undead befriended a shadow man, that was made of nothing but darkness. They traveled to realms together. One day the king forgot to bring his shadow partner and left him in another realm, unable to transport to the next. This shadow guy somehow makes it to the human world, but can only exsist through taking parts of living humans faces, leaving them in a coma state until the final transformation is complete. He only needs 15 faces of humans to live through the last ones body untill he goes through another human life. He does this to experience human emotions. (love,hate,sex,touch).

So he collected 14 of the victims so far and one of them is your best friend. He is seconds away from claiming his next victim.

WOULD YOU KILL ONE INNOCENT TO SAVE 13???

Captain Badass wrote:

From reading the OP question, if you've managed to disarm him, wouldn't you be right next to him? The only thing that could possibly make you miss is recoil or aiming for something stupidly small (like his finger or some shit).
Also, if you couldn't aim that well, wouldn't your shot not kill him instantly, and it would be likely that if you didn't want him to die you could get him to a hospital?

still I'd rather shot to kill. Unless you hit a joint, the guy can be still a threat. He could still be able to move and depending on his ruthlessnes, strength, and skill ( he's killed 50 people before you) I'd say your still in deep shit. I don't know, in a situation like that, it's a nice to believe you would be the bigger man. But I don't think it wouldn't go down like that.

The point I was trying to make wasnt only about handgun skill but also about the state of mind you be at in the time. You were just attacked by a serial killer and wrestled the gun, who gonna be thinking about thier morals and the time and thinking about taking a non lethal shot. I can understand if your first shot mearly incapacitates him that you then spare him.

Last edited Mar 05, 2013 at 04:17PM EST

Alex>_> wrote:

Ok, what if the god of all undead befriended a shadow man, that was made of nothing but darkness. They traveled to realms together. One day the king forgot to bring his shadow partner and left him in another realm, unable to transport to the next. This shadow guy somehow makes it to the human world, but can only exsist through taking parts of living humans faces, leaving them in a coma state until the final transformation is complete. He only needs 15 faces of humans to live through the last ones body untill he goes through another human life. He does this to experience human emotions. (love,hate,sex,touch).

So he collected 14 of the victims so far and one of them is your best friend. He is seconds away from claiming his next victim.

WOULD YOU KILL ONE INNOCENT TO SAVE 13???

So wait, if you killed this one person, wouldn't this shadow person be able to travel to another person, thus voiding your decision to save the others?

Dac wrote:

>Trust me I know that shooting a target with a handgun isn’t that hard, I shoot my dads 22 and uncles 9mm and 45 quite often. I’m not a marksman by any means though.

Shooting a target and shooting a person isn't very similar, I'll assume you already know that though.

>Anyways, before you reply, answer this, do you have guns?
But even if you do, that’s not important, because you’ve never been in this situation, so it’s foolish to assume anything other than the worst.

I've been two situations similar enough to know what's it like.

>Edit: you know, there is no place really where you can shot and gaurentee he comes out alive. Any gun shot wound can easily be fatal if not treated fast. And the legs and arms aren’t the bullet sponges that movies make them out to be.

That's fairly obvious, to be honest. You aren't supposed to try to preserve his or her life . Just make it seem that killing wasn't your priority.

>So, if you are going to take the shot, it’s asinine to even think about where to hit to spare his life.

How kind of you to say.

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

So wait, if you killed this one person, wouldn't this shadow person be able to travel to another person, thus voiding your decision to save the others?

No. He needs 15 individual pieces in witch make a face. This guy has a humanoid form but his face is scrambled . So if one of the previous victims dies he is fucked. The power is in his top hat.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!