+ New Thread

Scariest places in videogames?

Last posted May 08, 2013 at 07:54PM EDT. Added May 06, 2013 at 02:01PM EDT
28 posts from 26 users

I'll mention few which scared the hell out of me in one way or another

Ravenholm – Half Life 2
Dungeons – Amnesia : The Dark Descent
Depths – Dark Souls

Scariest place I believe is one of those dinky little apartments in Dead Space 2, it wasn't so much as a scary place to be but more the thought of thinking about what if it was you in one of them and how you would react.

This list goes on for a while…

The Otherworld School in Silent Hill 1. Those little kid monsters are like completely unavoidable if you keep your light off, but who is going to keep their light on when there are little kid zombie things with knives stabbing you?

The prison in Silent Hill 2. The banging noises, the weird satanic voice in that one cell, and the horse noises at the gallows. It's so deliciously "NOPE."

Brookhaven hospital in Silent Hill 3. The mirror. You know the one. Jeeeeeeeeez.

The hotel in Silent Hill Origins. The noose, man.

(cough and nowhere in Silent Hill 4, Homecoming, Downpour, or even Shattered Memories cough)

Anywhere when you're controlling any character other than Satoshi in Corpse Party freaking terrified me. Anything could've friggin' happened, and normally did.

The sewer in Resi2, and the castle in Resi4. (Speaking of Resi4, Haunting Ground was pretty good at delivering the heebie-jeebies, too)

The space pirate ship in Metroid Prime. I could not be the only one creeped out by this part.

Almost every ladder in F.E.A.R. That was about the only time I was actually freaked out in the game- seeing Alma scuttle on by while I was animation-locked was surprisingly creepy.

Everywhere in Siren Blood Curse. Seriously. Saiga hospital made me jump at least 5 times :I

When the lights went out in the original Bioshock. It truly felt like a survival horror game, until I heard that damn vending machine laughing ABOUT THE CIRCUS OF VALUES for the umpteenth time.

The first encounter room in Lone Survivor. Low res, but terrifying somehow.

I know this doesn't really count, but the River of Sorrow in Metal Gear Solid 3. Seeing all the throats I've slit really bothers me, no matter how many times I play it.

Survival horror is my favorite game genre, horror at large being a guilty pleasure of mine. I recommend each of these games, by the way, if you want to have a nice little scare and a good story.

Last edited May 06, 2013 at 08:58PM EDT

In Batman Arkham Asylum, when you enter the room in the penitentiary where they house the really crazy inmates. Despite the fact they are all behind bars, walking into all that screaming and thrashing is incredibly unnerving.

Deep caves in Minecraft, right above bedrock, where torchlight, is dimmed by the void. It's kinda creepy, but not that scary, unless you're in pvp

Last edited May 07, 2013 at 08:50AM EDT

Arkham Asylum, where you face Scarecrow for a second or first time, I forget. Batman walks down a never ending hallway and eventually turns into Bruce Wayne as a child. It then shows Bruce's parents get mugged and shot by a criminal. Walking down that solemn hallway with the eery music, debris flying around, and then the fight with Scarecrow scared the me to NOT SAVING THE GAME.

Feel free to make multiple posts If you find more suggestions, they're always welcome!

I got a few too :
X-Labs – S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Agroprom Underground – S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (first Controller ever, yo)
Metro 2033 – Library
Basically whole SCP-087-B area

Last edited May 07, 2013 at 01:30PM EDT

The Haunted Mansion area in Gex: Enter the Gecko
It was so massive and dark and it freaked the living shit out of me when I was a kid
Even Gex's hilarious one-liners couldn't bring me out of the terror this level gave me

neet wrote:

In Batman Arkham Asylum, when you enter the room in the penitentiary where they house the really crazy inmates. Despite the fact they are all behind bars, walking into all that screaming and thrashing is incredibly unnerving.

It is indeed, when i played the game all that screaming and thrashing scared the hell out of me!

ProjectENDO wrote:

The Haunted Mansion area in Gex: Enter the Gecko
It was so massive and dark and it freaked the living shit out of me when I was a kid
Even Gex's hilarious one-liners couldn't bring me out of the terror this level gave me

Loved that game. Also, the mansion and the titanic maps did freak me out as a kid

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!