Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,713 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Hey Look It's A Mafia Thread

Last posted Jun 19, 2013 at 01:40PM EDT. Added Jun 01, 2013 at 05:35PM EDT
75 posts from 17 users

So if you don't know what Mafia is, it's a classic party game/ common thread game where you must either be Mafia, Town, or Neutral. Mafia must kill all town members, Vice verse, and neutral just has to survive to win. I need about 10 players.
Basic rules:
- At least try to survive, but you can still win if you die.
- If you die, don't post anymore, and don't PM players about the thread. That's cheating.
- When you die, you can write one post to be your "Will."
- You don't pick your role, but you can PM me your preference and I'll do my best to give you a suitable role if it won't interfere with balancing
- There are two updates. At night, you PM me to use your role ability (If applicable) and at day you vote to lynch someone. That's pretty much it.
- Every day resets when I post an update. I may be late/have to skip a few days but i'll try to post one every day.
- DO NOT (I repeat) DO NOT post your actions for me on the thread! You can tell people what you did (Or lie, huehuehue) but if you want them to count PM them to me.
- PMing to whisper isn't cheating if you are still alive
Roles:
- Villager: [Town] They're pretty much useless, but if they die then it makes life harder for the Town.
- Mafioso: [Mafia] Same as Villager, but sided with the Mafia. Mafia knows each other's names and roles.
- Investigator: [Town] Investigates one person each night. That person is given a description, i.e. "[Short description] They are either an X or a Y"
- Mayor: [Town] Knows names and roles of Townspeople.
- Godfather: [Mafia] Chooses who the Mafia will kill at night. Appears to be a Villager at night.
- Heir: [Mafia] Becomes Godfather if the current one dies. Chooses which Mafioso will be the next Heir.
- Snitch: [Neutral] Appears to be a Mafioso to Mafia members. Knows Mafia names and roles, but can still win if the Mafia is defeated.
- Vigilante: [Town] Can kill one person every night. If their target is a member of the town, the Vigilante becomes a jester.
- Jester: [Neutral] The jester wins if he is publicly executed by lynching. This is a pretty fun role, it's my personal favorite.
- Assassin: [Neutral] Can kill anyone at night. Wins if he is alive at the end of the game, regardless of who wins.
- Doctor: [Town] Heals one person every night. That person cannot be killed by Mafia, Vigilante, or Assassin.

That's pretty much it. Hope you enjoy! Also, no joining mid-game, it messes the game up.
You just lost the game.

I am so fucking in. I'd recommend about a good 15-20 people with all of these roles, though.

Last edited Jun 01, 2013 at 05:37PM EDT

I agree with Falcon.
I'm in as well, and I think there should be more for a more hectic, crazy game.
I might not be able to PM as often, but i'm going to try twice a day. Also, everyone, I think he said that you have to suggest your role by PM to him.
Posting won't do much I think.

Can you put me as a role of sneak and guile?

Last edited Jun 01, 2013 at 06:08PM EDT

Cronus wrote:

I agree with Falcon.
I'm in as well, and I think there should be more for a more hectic, crazy game.
I might not be able to PM as often, but i'm going to try twice a day. Also, everyone, I think he said that you have to suggest your role by PM to him.
Posting won't do much I think.

Can you put me as a role of sneak and guile?

Actually, I'm not taking requests for specific roles. I'm only taking requests for alignment.
@Falcon 10 is the minimum, not how many I'm accepting.

Last edited Jun 01, 2013 at 05:57PM EDT

I've been playing Werewolf nonstop for awhile, so this should be fun. I'm in. Just to make it clear, do Mafia votes count during lynching? Will lynching just be whoever has the most votes at the end of a certain time period? Lynching and general discussion is posted in the thread, right?

madcat wrote:

I've been playing Werewolf nonstop for awhile, so this should be fun. I'm in. Just to make it clear, do Mafia votes count during lynching? Will lynching just be whoever has the most votes at the end of a certain time period? Lynching and general discussion is posted in the thread, right?

Right, your vote is not anonymous, it is posted in the thread. Role/alignment doesn't count when voting, since nobody know what other peoples' roles are. If more than half vote to lynch, than that person is lynched. There will only be one execution per day, or none if there isn't a majority vote. Other than that, general discussion is allowed in the thread. Whispering to other players via PMs is permitted.

I'll join. Previous mafia games had their ups and downs, but they were commonly fun to do.

As for the time, my suggestion would be to just leave it open now for 24/48 hours (it's weekend after all), and then start the game. You'll most likely make it to the 10 players, but anyone extra is a bonus.

You don’t pick your role, but you can PM me your preference and I’ll do my best to give you a suitable role if it won’t interfere with balancing

Added suggestion, ditch ^that option. It's more fun when random, and everyone will just prefer to be a role with killing options otherwise.

Last edited Jun 01, 2013 at 08:57PM EDT

Sir Crona Crescent Duke of Landwales wrote:

Sorry for the bump, but it doesn't look like many more people are posting, should I just start?

After starting a couple of other more organized JFF threads myself, I would say to stick to the 24/48 hour delay after getting the number of participants you need. Regardless of the delay, you're probably going to get people that want to join in after you begin, but you're more likely to catch a few other them if you wait another day or so.

Last edited Jun 02, 2013 at 07:23PM EDT

Dr. Eggman wrote:

I'm counting 14 players so far. Is that enough to start the game?

Now that he left some roles out it should be ok, we did with less in the past. Still, there are multiple killer classes now, with the wrong turns the game can end in 3-4 nights.

Regardless of that, I don't think more will join, so it should be ok to start.

madcat wrote:

What's the status of this right now? I was kind of eager to play again.

I figured the thread died, so I'm ready to play. I'll start giving people roles, no new entries beyond this point. Also, I put jester back in, but with a twist:
When an innocent townsperson is lynched, a random town role who voted to kill him turns into a jester. Sound fair?

Last edited Jun 12, 2013 at 09:37AM EDT

How long do both phases take?

Edit @below: I don't really mind what you'll call this village, give my vote to everything.

Last edited Jun 12, 2013 at 01:38PM EDT

@Random
IDK, I'll try to have one phase every day, as in, if all goes well tomorrow will be night 1, the next day day 2, then night 2, etc. considering that there's only 14 players this game might end in less than a couple weeks.
@Mark
Totally, let's vote! I suggest the name "Casablanca" just for the detective joke.

For lynching, there has only been two votes:
Markhaox voted Captain Falcon
Cap. Falcon voted Nobody
Suddenly, a ton of background characters join in a lynch mob and then grab the villager named "Nobody" and sodomize him to death with various forms of farming equipment. He was later revealed to be a terrorist that would attempt to kill everyone in the town, and Falcon's decision of lynching him saved the town.

Night 1
Investigators, investigate people, assassins, assassinate people, etc.
I'll try to post day 2 by tomorrow at 6 P.M. (EST)

Day 2
In the middle of the night, Captain Falcon was found shot several times, but didn't die, so his assailants beat him numerous times with his own severed arm. Autopsy reveals that Falcon was a Doctor.
Alive:
> Falcon
> Madcat
> Kyntak
> Level4
> Weasel
> Mark
> Medic
> Spark
> Verbose
> Eggman
> Ivan
> Slappy
> Jace
> RandomMan
Dead:
Captain Falcon [Doctor]

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!