Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,712 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Feels thread

Last posted Oct 20, 2013 at 10:48AM EDT. Added Sep 02, 2013 at 10:52AM EDT
31 posts from 20 users

Okay, it's a long one, but here goes:

I'm going to start my first day of college tomorrow, but about a week ago I went to orientation to get my ID and all that good stuff. For a while I've been wondering how I'm going to make any friends; though I'm very talkative and spry around my friends, when surrounded by people I don't know I find it very hard to spark up conversation.

So anyway I take a seat alone in the auditorium and a few minutes later this redheaded girl sits two seats away from me by herself as well. Immediately I'm thinking thoughts that could be taken the wrong way as I basically target her as a potential friend and person to talk to, but my nerves keep me from doing so. However, when a teacher with a very heavy accent was talking I found an opportunity to talk to the girl, even if it was just a sentence. So I'm basically shaking from fear (yeah kinda pathetic) and build up the balls to ask her "what classes does that guy teach?" She gives a quick and simple answer, but that quick conversation was all it took apparently. As the talk in the auditorium ended and lunch began we found ourselves walking almost side-by-side to the cafeteria. Neither of us recognized anyone we knew (I saw a few people from high school I'd rather not associate myself with) so we were beckoned to a table by one of the teachers along with a few other people that didn't have any other place to sit at.

For the next few hours me and the girl moved around the school together getting what we needed and such, and were actually hitting it off fairly well. The problem now is that I never got any contact info from her and only know her first name. She told me how she recently moved to this area and has no friends here so I was hoping that perhaps we could end up being good friends, but now I don't know if I'm ever going to even see her again.

This isn't really a ">no gf" thing just cause she's a girl, it's just that I have a hard time making actual close friends that I can hang out with, and she was a great opportunity to make one. It really sucks, but hopefully we can meet up sometime somehow during college.

This is a story my older brother told me.
My brother would walk 5 streets to get to the bus stop that would lead him to university. Next to the bus stop, there was a small place to buy newspaper, and it was run by an old man.
One day, he noticed there was a woman instead of the man. He didn't pay too much atention, but a few minutes later, another woman got to that place and said:
"I heard what happened. I'm so sorry for your loss."
My brother looked back out of curiosity, and saw them hugging. He could see one of them crying.

That Glaceon wrote:

I'm going to start my first day of college tomorrow, but about a week ago I went to orientation to get my ID and all that good stuff. For a while I've been wondering how I'm going to make any friends; though I'm very talkative and spry around my friends, when surrounded by people I don't know I find it very hard to spark up conversation.

So anyway I take a seat alone in the auditorium and a few minutes later this redheaded girl sits two seats away from me by herself as well. Immediately I'm thinking thoughts that could be taken the wrong way as I basically target her as a potential friend and person to talk to, but my nerves keep me from doing so. However, when a teacher with a very heavy accent was talking I found an opportunity to talk to the girl, even if it was just a sentence. So I'm basically shaking from fear (yeah kinda pathetic) and build up the balls to ask her "what classes does that guy teach?" She gives a quick and simple answer, but that quick conversation was all it took apparently. As the talk in the auditorium ended and lunch began we found ourselves walking almost side-by-side to the cafeteria. Neither of us recognized anyone we knew (I saw a few people from high school I'd rather not associate myself with) so we were beckoned to a table by one of the teachers along with a few other people that didn't have any other place to sit at.

For the next few hours me and the girl moved around the school together getting what we needed and such, and were actually hitting it off fairly well. The problem now is that I never got any contact info from her and only know her first name. She told me how she recently moved to this area and has no friends here so I was hoping that perhaps we could end up being good friends, but now I don't know if I'm ever going to even see her again.

This isn't really a ">no gf" thing just cause she's a girl, it's just that I have a hard time making actual close friends that I can hang out with, and she was a great opportunity to make one. It really sucks, but hopefully we can meet up sometime somehow during college.

Loads of Feels flood

>Be like 10 or 11
>High school football game with mum and dad (brother on drumline; usually had to go to this stuff)
>End of game
>Going out of stadium
>Parents recognize some woman I don't know and start talking to her
>Woman holding a baby
>Baby starts curiously pulling at the metal wire fence the woman is standing by
>Start pulling on fence in unison only to try and be nice and play with the lil tyke
>Pull too hard and accidentally make the fence hit kiddo in the face
>Munchkin starts crying
>Woman was talking to parents the whole time and didn't notice anything until crying
>She doesn't know I accidentally made her kid cry
>She's trying to comfort him
>Tater Tot raises his little finger towards me while still crying; his mom doesn't notice
>They walk away
>Feels when you accidentally made a kid cry and am the first kid's tell-on and his mom thinks you're a nice kid

Last edited Sep 03, 2013 at 01:06AM EDT

I had an acquaintance from karate when I was younger that I met up with again in high school. He was a fierce sparring partner, a pretty cool guy that everyone loved – and he was a dwarf.

A couple months ago however, I found out that someone with the same name as him and age he would be these days died in a car accident.

I didn't really think it was him at first. Maybe I just didn't want to believe that this guy who kind of inspired me with his great attitude about things despite his disadvantages fucking died before his life really began.

But of course that was naive of me and sure enough, about a week later I instantly recognized his picture in an online obituary.

I'm choking up a bit looking at it again. Apparently he had just graduated from ITT too and was just getting his life together when it all ended.

Last edited Sep 03, 2013 at 01:59AM EDT

About a month and a half ago, my grandma was diagnosed with colon cancer.
She was very stoic about it, and everyone had a very positive attitude.
The doctors said that it was very slow-growing, and was contained, all they needed to do was remove a 6 to 12 inch of her intestinal tract.
About two weeks ago, she underwent the surgery, and it was a success.
This is her after the surgery.

Three days after the surgery, she suffered a massive heart attack.
Her blood kept clotting and she was on three different blood medications, which reduced her lucidity drastically. During brief periods where she was lucid, she said she wanted everyone to just let her go, and not to try to resuscitate her if anything were to happen.
At 4:19 on August 28th, my grandma passed away.

The memorial is this thursday.

(This one may not be as heart-wrenching, but it's still sad.)

About 3 months ago, my mother decides to buy the family some guinea pigs as a birthday present for our baby sister. But a week after that, she decided to buy more of them, thinking that they were the perfect pet for the family. Soon there were five of them in our house.

They started to get malnourished, though, because we didn't have enough money for their timothy hay. We soon ran out of feasible ideas to feed them (romaine & iceberg lettuce, grass, etc.).

One day I come home and find out that two of them had died in the night. That was 3 weeks ago.

Yesterday, we had to give two other ones away, because one died a week ago.

I miss them.

Last edited Sep 03, 2013 at 01:53PM EDT

That Glaceon wrote:

Don't you dare give up on meeting her again.

That Glaceon wrote:

Keep struggling with that feel bro!
I was falling in love of a redhead once. Almost every day I watched her in the school, hell! even I talked with her. Then I knew the truth…she have a boyfriend. And the rest is history.

My feels start with a plot twist; I have a GF.

However, when we started dating, our parents hated the idea of us together. Our mothers were something like embittered nemesi, and there are a number of other factors that should, by rights, have seen us apart. My parents threatened to disown me, several times, Talks were made of criminal or civil charges as a means of keeping us apart. Both our families sort of… stopped talking to us…

The funny part is… once everyone had some time to calm down, they realized how much they loved us, and how much we loved each other, and how happy we are together. This weekend, our moms met and talked and laughed and I laughed with her dad and my dad laughed with her and we were so… normal. She stayed the night at my parent's house. We shared a bed.

I know… it doesn't make much of a story, but… it's as high and as low as my feels have ever been. I went on a roller coaster from the moment I announced my feelings for her; from playing nightly with razor blades to having to sing love songs loudly just to get the light out of my chest.

I love a girl, and the feels we share together make it all worth it.

My grandfather from my mother's side of the family had a heart attack in August. It really did look like he was gonna die, and the doctors all but confirmed it. However, just as my brother and I got to the hospital after tons of flight delays, he suddenly got better! He pulled through just through sheer willpower. He was expected to stay that way until February.

Well, was. He died in his sleep yesterday morning, and I learned about it just as I got home from school. And now I'm here, wishing that I didn't have a cold heart so that I can actually mourn for him.

Maybe this thread's already run its course, but I've got a feel that I've been sitting on for quite a while now. It's not as serious or as heart-wrenching as some of the others in this thread, but here goes:

When I came to college, I had almost no friends. Over time, I was taken in by a generous and considerate guy I'll call Jonathan. He and I became fast friends, and he did a lot to ease my difficult transition into college. As of now, he considers me his best friend.

A year later, his female friend I'll call Julia came to our school as well. I develop an acquaintanceship with her, and I thought she was kind of cute, but she was coming out of a long relationship and needed to have some guy friends who weren't asking her out all the time; the week she and her boyfriend of two years split, three of her close male friends admitted to having feelings for her. So that was weird for her. When I heard this, I immediately decided that, though I had developed a crush on this girl, it would be in her best interest to not act on it and just let her be. Little did I know she had developed a slight crush on me a few weeks before school let out. Unfortunately, I never knew this, and Jonathan had been telling me she was not ready for another relationship. He did not know of Julia's slight attraction to me.

Flash forward beyond the summer and into the beginning of this semester. My attraction to Julia had largely diminished by then. But still, she's a pretty girl, so I still had some residual attraction to her. Enter again Jonathan, who was lined up to spend the first week of school with us before heading to Colorado for a study program until the winter. Julia and I have quite a report at this stage. She and Jonathan have grown close over the summer, and she and I immediately dive into a very enjoyable friendship. I enjoy her company a lot, and that old familiar feel comes roaring back…that feel when no gf. I try very had to put her out of my mind, to "unattract" my mind from her, to little avail. Why did I do this? Well, one night at 2 AM out on a lake when the moon was full, Jonathan told me that over the summer, he and Julia had been on several dates and started to see each other often. They were basically committed to one another for a relationship. I cared for both of them, so I decided life would only be harder for all of us if I intervene.

It's not long before Jonathan is leaving for Colorado. Before he leaves, he tells me one thing: he and Julia were now officially a couple. And I was genuinely happy for them. I cheered on both of them, because they are both very dear to me. But I did feel a little left out of the cold. And I did what I could to convince myself all I wanted from Julia was a friendship.

To save at least a little space, I'll just say that, because Julia and I have not stopped being friends, the rumor mill, through a huge charlie foxtrot, spit out that I was devastated when my friends started dating each other, and that I had a grand plan to ask out Julia, and that I had cried and feigned happiness when I learned of their relationship. None of that was true. I was actually happy for them.

But regardless, to clear the air, I had to call both Jonathan and Julia and explain as truth something I didn't know about: that I had no feelings for Julia. If I developed any, I would let them know. I've never cried over her. I had no grand plan. I told them I didn't like her in the hopes I'd convince myself, I guess. But I told them I was happy they were together, and that Jonathan had nothing to worry about in me around his girl. All true. I'm just not sure about this last little detail.

It's been a couple of weeks since Jonathan left, and I'm Julia's closest guy friend who's in town. I think I'm falling in love with my best friend's girlfriend.

She's enjoyed our friendship. I have too. And I don't really want more. Because I know trying to get it will complicate and depress two of my dearest friends' lives. To make matters worse, I found out Julia's previous crush on me was real just after I lied to her about not liking her. Also, no longer feeling like she had to have her guard up around me, she strongly implied she had to choose between Jonathan and myself and chose Jonathan.

So here I am now, spending a lot of time with a girl who's taken by my best friend. She feels at ease around a guy (me) for the first time in ages because she knows I'm not going to hit on her like so many other guys do (and I've seen it; it's baaaaad). I can't take that away from her. And I can't betray my friend. And I guess in a weird sort of way, I'm enjoying being her friend too. But that's all I can be for their sakes. They've been very good to me in the past, and I've no intention of meddling in this relationship, no matter how strongly I'm attracted to this girl.

Did that make sense?

Tl;Dr: >tfw no gf

Last edited Sep 06, 2013 at 11:49PM EDT

@Mack

I was on the other side of that situation once. My best friend and roommate (at the time) fell in love with my fiance. I don't know if she left me for him out of spite for me, or genuine affection, or both, or fear of being uncared for in a disastrous economy. but he was too weak to resist her advances when her love for me began to wane.

They got married a year later. I'm not sad, although I can't say I wish them well, either. They alienated all of their other friends and the respect of most of his family. I suppose they're happy, although I don't really know. There's some old adage about "bros before hoes." The way we are expected to act. I hope you make the right choice, whatever that choice is for you, and I hope you can find happiness in whatever it is.

/preachy feels post

Rene LeMarchand wrote:

@Mack

I was on the other side of that situation once. My best friend and roommate (at the time) fell in love with my fiance. I don't know if she left me for him out of spite for me, or genuine affection, or both, or fear of being uncared for in a disastrous economy. but he was too weak to resist her advances when her love for me began to wane.

They got married a year later. I'm not sad, although I can't say I wish them well, either. They alienated all of their other friends and the respect of most of his family. I suppose they're happy, although I don't really know. There's some old adage about "bros before hoes." The way we are expected to act. I hope you make the right choice, whatever that choice is for you, and I hope you can find happiness in whatever it is.

/preachy feels post

Believe me, my mind's made up on the issue. I'm not going to make a move, because that alienates me from both of them and could mess with their already new relationship. If I try to get her for myself, the best case scenario is me losing one of my best friends. I'm not going to do that over this girl. Besides, I enjoy being her friend a lot anyway. She's not interested in me as more than that, so it'll work out. I'm just kinda stuck in the feel zone until then.

Rimshot wrote:

I lost a 1v1. Im sorry, i can't help but cry.

Ya i know you suck i was teh one that beat you
That feel when the person in a 1v1 is bad

>standing in club
>6/10 drunk girl approaches
>wants me to come with her
>not sure if want
>she actually pays money for me to come with her
>nowimahooker.jpg
>starts sucking me off in the street
>cop comes by
>"you can't do that here"
>grabs me by the nozzle and starts walking
>vibration causes my juices to spill on his gloved hand
>he doesn't seem to mind
>thrown in a trashcan
>instantly shatter
>mfw I'm a bottle of vodka

I don't know why but this thread is making me remember my old childhood pet Beat fish whom I called Flucky(Yeah yeah laugh it up I was trying to say something else at the time and I said that instead ok) yeah I remember how he had this deep red color with a blackish purple spots on his side, how he came in a cube shaped tanks with blue artificial rocks, a fake green seaweed like plant, and a big whitish blue coral like rock that tends to make a rainbow shine if pointed at the right light.

I was tried to take him where ever I go but ultimately the only places that I could have taken him where my place and my grandparents and even then I stopped when my parents told my that he could get a heart attack if I kept on doing that so I stopped. Another thing I remembered about him was that he was pretty calm and friendly by beta fish standers. What I mean by that was, when we decided to get a aquarium and put him with the other fishes he didn't attack them. In fact he often swam with them and even played with them.

Of course you all know how this story is going to end but you see I didn't find my fish lifeless corpse like most people do. instead what I first noticed what was wrong was the fact that he was gone, vanished. I told my parents that Flucky disappeared and what they told me was that the vet came in last night while I was asleep and took him away cause he was sick and that he'll come back when he's better. And of course being the gullible kid that I was believed them and waited for Flucky's return but as each day passed he never came back.

Other betas have come and gone but none of them were my old friend. I know now that it was the Grim Reaper not the vet that came to visit my fish and that my parents tried to cover it up so I wouldn't be depressed about his death. I still have his coral like rock which is currently be used by two baby turtles. They say that time heals all wounds, but in my honest opinion it doesn't.

Mack TheUnoriginal wrote:

Maybe this thread's already run its course, but I've got a feel that I've been sitting on for quite a while now. It's not as serious or as heart-wrenching as some of the others in this thread, but here goes:

When I came to college, I had almost no friends. Over time, I was taken in by a generous and considerate guy I'll call Jonathan. He and I became fast friends, and he did a lot to ease my difficult transition into college. As of now, he considers me his best friend.

A year later, his female friend I'll call Julia came to our school as well. I develop an acquaintanceship with her, and I thought she was kind of cute, but she was coming out of a long relationship and needed to have some guy friends who weren't asking her out all the time; the week she and her boyfriend of two years split, three of her close male friends admitted to having feelings for her. So that was weird for her. When I heard this, I immediately decided that, though I had developed a crush on this girl, it would be in her best interest to not act on it and just let her be. Little did I know she had developed a slight crush on me a few weeks before school let out. Unfortunately, I never knew this, and Jonathan had been telling me she was not ready for another relationship. He did not know of Julia's slight attraction to me.

Flash forward beyond the summer and into the beginning of this semester. My attraction to Julia had largely diminished by then. But still, she's a pretty girl, so I still had some residual attraction to her. Enter again Jonathan, who was lined up to spend the first week of school with us before heading to Colorado for a study program until the winter. Julia and I have quite a report at this stage. She and Jonathan have grown close over the summer, and she and I immediately dive into a very enjoyable friendship. I enjoy her company a lot, and that old familiar feel comes roaring back…that feel when no gf. I try very had to put her out of my mind, to "unattract" my mind from her, to little avail. Why did I do this? Well, one night at 2 AM out on a lake when the moon was full, Jonathan told me that over the summer, he and Julia had been on several dates and started to see each other often. They were basically committed to one another for a relationship. I cared for both of them, so I decided life would only be harder for all of us if I intervene.

It's not long before Jonathan is leaving for Colorado. Before he leaves, he tells me one thing: he and Julia were now officially a couple. And I was genuinely happy for them. I cheered on both of them, because they are both very dear to me. But I did feel a little left out of the cold. And I did what I could to convince myself all I wanted from Julia was a friendship.

To save at least a little space, I'll just say that, because Julia and I have not stopped being friends, the rumor mill, through a huge charlie foxtrot, spit out that I was devastated when my friends started dating each other, and that I had a grand plan to ask out Julia, and that I had cried and feigned happiness when I learned of their relationship. None of that was true. I was actually happy for them.

But regardless, to clear the air, I had to call both Jonathan and Julia and explain as truth something I didn't know about: that I had no feelings for Julia. If I developed any, I would let them know. I've never cried over her. I had no grand plan. I told them I didn't like her in the hopes I'd convince myself, I guess. But I told them I was happy they were together, and that Jonathan had nothing to worry about in me around his girl. All true. I'm just not sure about this last little detail.

It's been a couple of weeks since Jonathan left, and I'm Julia's closest guy friend who's in town. I think I'm falling in love with my best friend's girlfriend.

She's enjoyed our friendship. I have too. And I don't really want more. Because I know trying to get it will complicate and depress two of my dearest friends' lives. To make matters worse, I found out Julia's previous crush on me was real just after I lied to her about not liking her. Also, no longer feeling like she had to have her guard up around me, she strongly implied she had to choose between Jonathan and myself and chose Jonathan.

So here I am now, spending a lot of time with a girl who's taken by my best friend. She feels at ease around a guy (me) for the first time in ages because she knows I'm not going to hit on her like so many other guys do (and I've seen it; it's baaaaad). I can't take that away from her. And I can't betray my friend. And I guess in a weird sort of way, I'm enjoying being her friend too. But that's all I can be for their sakes. They've been very good to me in the past, and I've no intention of meddling in this relationship, no matter how strongly I'm attracted to this girl.

Did that make sense?

Tl;Dr: >tfw no gf

That reminds me of…

When I was little I had these fish. Being around 7, I naturally named them Spongebob and Patrick, despite Spongebob being blue (Patrick actually was pink though.) I loved and cared for them for a long time, around 5 years. One day I was fucking around with my closet, and all of a sudden Spongebob and Patrick's tank fell to the floor. Glass was everywhere and I was crying quite hard. I didn't know that beta fish can last up to 5 minutes in air, and they both survived. Patrick died of old age, and we decided to get some new fish. Sadly, they all died within a week, so I forget their names. One week, Spongebob got extremely nervous all the time. But a few days later, he was very calm, almost… happy. Exuberant. When I came back home the next day, I found out that he died. I know it isn't a human, but they were pretty close to me as a child.

Edward Elric wrote:

I'm posting a huge spike of images. Starting with this,

Looks like we've been screwdaddled with.

Anyway, now for a feel.

They got rid of the blockbuster near my house.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!