Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,713 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Time is Precious

Last posted Apr 16, 2014 at 04:27PM EDT. Added Mar 17, 2014 at 09:40PM EDT
34 posts from 29 users

Anywhere like half a year prior before a complany like Facebook or Apple was launched, steal their copyrights by just having them chronologically earlier, execute their ideas perfectly through modern day knowledge on what the companies did right and wrong, hire the actual creator and give him his actual position and make me a shareholder holding like 25% of the shares.

The money should be flowing at that point while I'm not fucking up any staff decisions I shouldn't make as I don't have a shareholders majority, keeping the company on its destined course to present day but now with me being filthy rich.

Then I'll be back to where the mysterious stuff happened and learn the truth. Like where those Mayans have gone and stuff. I'll just watch though~

But honestly, I don't like the concept of going back in time to change something. Just sayin'~

Go back to the beginning of time to see if either this:

or this:

happens, or possibly a mix, or maybe even something totally unexpected. It would be interesting to know, and I could come back with the knowledge and then be a hero and make mountains of cash.

^
Well, if you saw that the Big Bang happened, then you'll realize that what is happening now is a product of random movement of atoms and stuff~
There is no fate; everything is actually random.

Last edited Mar 17, 2014 at 11:51PM EDT

If I really wanted to, I'd start back to my early middle-school experience. Made some real mistakes with some, well, lady-friends. But then again, I'd miss everything I love now.

The mid sixties. Then I can live through the late sixties/seventies and experience all the great music. Then when the eighties and early nineties come along I can experience all the old games in their original time period. Then in the late nineties when I was a kid, I'm gonna tell my former self all kinds of things that already happened to him and he wonders how I know things like that and freak him out/traumatize him.

Back to Year 6, before high school, slap myself straight so I won't spend my first year acting like a gangster and permanently wrecking my social life.

Like @snowie I would go back to that time when the dinosaurs extinct and watch them die while I eat popcorn and then while I going back to my time I would try to shoot Hitler only to miss him and accidentally shoot down Kennedy, wait a minute.

Last edited Mar 18, 2014 at 02:52PM EDT

Penny wrote:

Like @snowie I would go back to that time when the dinosaurs extinct and watch them die while I eat popcorn and then while I going back to my time I would try to shoot Hitler only to miss him and accidentally shoot down Kennedy, wait a minute.

I'd say stay. Just about everything that people are nostalgic about from their own past or are simply fascinated by from the distant past can be experienced just as well, if not better, in the present. And as for the "kill Hitler" type idea, by doing that you could accidentally create a "Super Hitler" that wipes out the entire human race without even realizing in. You just don't wanna fuck with space-time.

I would go to Europe, particularly France, and live their between the 1910's and 1920's. I would be able to meet a lot of my favorite composers including Maurice Ravel, Claude Debussy, Erik Satie, Igor Stravinsky, and Béla Bartók.

Bust in and attempt to warn my past self about- OH CHRIST! clawed up by giant evil crab

In all seriousness, I would bust in to go literally educate my younger self and perhaps warned my parents earlier that I was trans.

Kouhai wrote:

^
Well, if you saw that the Big Bang happened, then you'll realize that what is happening now is a product of random movement of atoms and stuff~
There is no fate; everything is actually random.

Ironically enough, that's what I believe in already in a way.

A Furry wrote:

Going back in time is worthless.

Going into the future, now that’s a prospect I can get a hold of.

On the aspect of time travel, backwards travel is actually scientifically impossible. When you think about it, the very concept of going back in time is a paradox in itself. Going to the future is possible though, but not yet. The problem is that you can't go back, and you might change the future in doing so since you have left the present and cannot carry out the role you were to carry in this time, and if you happen to be a very important person, shit would go down. I mean, imagine if MLK went to the future before he made his "I have a dream" speech. That would be a screwed up future.

So in a way, Furry is correct. Sorry for blowing your minds guys! I'm pretty glad going back in time isn't possible though, because the implications of that would be devastating.

Last edited Mar 19, 2014 at 07:36PM EDT

Snowie wrote:

Time sure is precious…

Anyway, I'd go back to dinosaur times. I'd probably get killed, but it would be a glorious death.

I'd go back to before you posted that and make that reference first.

Kouhai wrote:

Then I'll be back to where the mysterious stuff happened and learn the truth. Like where those Mayans have gone and stuff. I'll just watch though~

But honestly, I don't like the concept of going back in time to change something. Just sayin'~

I know, I don't like changing stuff either. Notice how I said When would you go? and not what would you change

Now heres a better one. Same thing but you have only a half hour and then you will be transported………..wait for it……………Back to the Future!

http://bttf.com/tyfoon/site/fckeditor/image/Doc_Marty_800x400.jpg
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!