Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,712 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Thegreato's Impression Thread!

Last posted Apr 02, 2014 at 07:53PM EDT. Added Apr 01, 2014 at 08:33PM EDT
27 posts from 16 users

If you know me then already know that I'm very much into voice acting; if you didn't, well now you do. So, as I sat here this tuesday night all alone in the house thinking about something that has been in my mind for quite some time:
"How could I train myself to become a better VA, while sharing my talents at the same time"

Just then, it stuck me: "Why not a request impression thread?"

So here it is! If you wanna hear something done by me (for laughs or genuine interest) just put it down! I'll try pick it up as best I can. Depending on the request, I may try to improve it as time goes on.

To start us off, I'll leave this here; it was an attempt/exercise in pitch that I tried earlier this evening. (I'm a guy, I wanted to see how high I could go.)

Everyone's favorite little bundle of life fibers: Nui Harime!

Original clip:

My voice:

As a first try, I think it's pretty good (quite honestly I'm more than a little surprised at how well the laugh come out).

Slutty Sam wrote:

Ooh, ooh! Do me please!

(Start at 1:28. Only listen to as much as you need. Hint: The guy on my profile pic)

Here you are my friend!

I think I'm a little too deep here, and I haven't got the accent down just yet; but again for a first try, I think it's good.

Captain Douglas J Falcon wrote:

please do based tim curry

For you sir:

Far more scottish than english (gonna need to work on the nose aspect of it). Honestly, my own opinion for a first try it's only "ok". A lot harder than it sounds.

Since MBS beat me to the megatron suggestion, why not do his arch nemesis while you are at it?

Last edited Apr 02, 2014 at 09:11AM EDT

Spider-Byte wrote:

WHERE IS IT?!

HERE IS IS!:

Took a little trial and error before I got the right amount of roughness without going over the top.

(a little bit of my Nui attempt got mixed up in there somehow…LOL)

Last edited Apr 02, 2014 at 06:45PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!