Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,712 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Your Favorite subject/hobby. Why is it your favorite subject

Last posted Jun 22, 2014 at 08:05PM EDT. Added Jun 21, 2014 at 11:48PM EDT
19 posts from 16 users

My favorite subject is microbiology/virology. Ever since i was little I've always been into of science but i got really into microbiology because of science fiction. Games like Resident Evil and Prototype, and movies like I Am Legend and 28 Days later peeked my curiosity about life on a microscopic level. Its to the point that i'm actively pursuing a career in microbiology. I'm going for a degree in microbiology, though i haven't made good progress, (failed Gen Chem 1) but i'm just now entering my sophomore year so I still got time to make up for it.

Last edited Jun 21, 2014 at 11:56PM EDT

I would consider art my favorite subject. It's one of those subjects that I not only find I have talent and skill in, but I also feel like I really get it much more than I do other subjects. I suppose you could say it's my calling. Currently working towards my art degree obviously with the intention of making a career out of it, but I've obviously got a long ways to go and a lot of work to do combined with a little bit of luck to get there.

Primary hobby is competitive PvP gaming. Because I like blowing people up. And winning.

Secondary hobby is art: sketching and vector graphics. Although I often don't show it off. I just like to create vectors, both my own and sketches that other people give me. I draw ponies, obviously.

I guess it falls between gaming and stargazing. The stargazing actually lead itself to my career, and the gaming is just my generation, but they both kind of lead from the same thing. I grew up in a tiny town (5,500 population), and I was more nerdy than most of the other people in my school, so I had one group of friends that I absolutely adored. Our hobbies were tabletop gaming, and (once I had bought a telescope) going out late and stargazing. They were the funnest things we could do, and they're really the hobbies that likely embedded themselves into my life the most.

@Fifths
Me too.

I love music. I write music and I play the piano. I often perform in front of audiences as well.

Other interests I have are chemistry, culinary arts, foreign languages, geography, drawing, psychology, religions, and traveling.

I don't know why I have any of these interests, except music because I am good at it and drawing, because I am above average at it.

Last edited Jun 22, 2014 at 12:42PM EDT
I like playing video games, but I'd have to say I like entomology (the study of insects and other bugs) the most. I would honestly prefer marine biology, but the problem is I'm completely landlocked so studying the ocean is out of the question for the most part. Also, I live in the desert, so all the bugs I have access to are cockroaches, pillbugs, ants, moths at night, and the rare jumping spider. (My favorite :3) I catch interesting things and put them in a little box sometimes, but I release most of the time.

I listen to a lot of music. Consciously it's because I really like it, but subconsciously I think it's because I'm addicted slightly to the hormones that release in the body when I hear something really really good.

One of my hobbies is circuitry

Designing a circuit is a lot like playing a strategy game, you receive an objective : design a circuit reward: the finished circuit

First i design it in a simulator to get an idea of how it is going to work, which is like the storyboard of electronics.

Then i design the PCB (printed circuit board) which is the hardest part since you must not cross any tracks in the finished product.

I like it because it challenges me, in my electronics class everyone was almost finishing on their circuit while i have already made 8 prototypes and boy were they surprised.

Now this part is not relevant but i always found it funny when you refer to MOSFETS as beefy transistors.

Last edited Jun 22, 2014 at 04:43PM EDT

My main hobbies are writing, drawing, and making movies. I will usually get an idea that just comes out of nowhere and try really hard to keep it fresh in my memory before I write it down. One day I would like to maybe have an animated series, more than likely on the internet due to creative freedom from executives. But other than that I also try to write children's books.

My favourite subject is art, funny thing is I almost gave up on it during high because I want to be a cool kid and not draw nerdy shit. I remember a classmate of mine said "just stick to drawing mate." many years ago. Now I got over that phase and got back into drawing. I like it because it's I like to make pretty pictures I guess.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!