Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,715 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Your thoughts on Funko Pops?

Last posted Oct 17, 2016 at 09:54AM EDT. Added Oct 16, 2016 at 04:55PM EDT
17 posts from 12 users

Recently, I've been seeing a recent wave of hate(?) surrounding them particularly on Tumblr, Facebook and vinyl figure collecting communities, and I'm a little confused as to where all this is coming from, but at the same time, understanding it.

Personally, I do have a couple of them myself, but I find the stylization for a lot of them doesn't really work most of the time, especially with their human characters and how they're given those soulless black eyes that are supposed to be cute but kind of fail. I also think there is far too many of them released way too quickly, especially since they've released like 17 versions of Stan Lee and like 20 versions of Batman despite the visual limitations surrounding both characters and the figure model in general.

Smiley Dog wrote:

Uhhh
(pushes away Hannibal Lector, Kylo Ren and Big Daddy funkos)
Y-yeah fuck those things am I right only tryhards get them hahahahaha

It's ok fam, I have the Big Daddy one too, because surprisingly it's actually one of the few Funkos that actually works in that style. Tbh I think the best looking ones are the non-human ones with their faces obscured or changed from a regular human but the majority of them look like ass.

Deblod100 wrote:

I just realized, they sell nerd Cthulhu Funkos? How have I not heard of this?

Admittingly, the Cthulhu ones don't look bad either, but they too are an example of Funko going overboard with their releases considering how they have like five different versions.

I absolutely hate them with every fiber of my being. They usually are comprised of a base model and then a shitty reskin of some pop culture item and the geek culture swarms around them like flies. I collect GW figures and paint them so when I see low quality model shit I go into a fit of anger because this is what the market has become.

Well, i admit, that I like this yeah, i have some of this, and well as this has become very popular, many people have the typical backlash about this, well as some people say many thinks that is now for ''fake'' geeks, but some like this even if they are in some big fandom. Well in my opini0on i like this even with this things right now.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!