Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,735 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Doctor Who apprectiation thread.

Last posted May 15, 2011 at 01:11AM EDT. Added May 12, 2011 at 10:28AM EDT
29 posts from 11 users

This is pretty much what it sounds like, a thread for discussing the new Doctor Who episodes and anything Doctor Who based in general. I probably should have waited until Saturday before I made this, but whatever. So, what did people think of the pirate episode? It seems to have been somewhat divisive.

This might be a spoiler if you haven't seen it…..so skip this if you care….

Rory is a 1000's of year old cyborg designed by the daleks (one of the most technologically advanced species in the galaxy) and yet he can drown and requires cpr………I just didn't understand that.
other then that I thought it was funny and I enjoyed it.

yah wrote:

This might be a spoiler if you haven't seen it…..so skip this if you care….

Rory is a 1000's of year old cyborg designed by the daleks (one of the most technologically advanced species in the galaxy) and yet he can drown and requires cpr………I just didn't understand that.
other then that I thought it was funny and I enjoyed it.

Oh no, I'm pretty sure he's back to being human. I didn't see all of the previous season, but I've seen a lot of people saying he got changed back. Probably when Amy recreated the universe.

Oh, and @Natsuru. Yes. Yes it is. :D

Last edited May 12, 2011 at 11:34AM EDT

angrypwnzer wrote:

I used to watch it…but i no longer get BBC America on my TV anymore… ;_;
Unrelated, but i've heard that David Tennant will be playing the Riddler in the next Batman movie…DO WANT

Oh jesus WOW
If this is true, then just wow.
Perfect casting. PERFECT.

I stopped watching the BBC as soon as they got rid of Little Britain, that show was pretty awesome. I never got into doctor who, is it any good?

All I know is this god damn robot downloaded the entire internet.

Last edited May 12, 2011 at 01:51PM EDT

Mr Bumhole #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

Yes. Doctor Who is the best sci-fo show. Some folks'll tell you that Firefly was better, but naah, Doctor who is where it's at!

I shall check it out on Netflix. I usually don't watch television, since its full of the bullshits.

Definitely start with the modern series. Eccleston was the first new one.

You mean the "Ninth Doctor'?

Can't find it on Netflix.

All I can find is shitty David Tennant Doctor Who's.

Last edited May 12, 2011 at 03:32PM EDT

Definitely start with the modern series. Eccleston was the first new one.

I'm afraid I've always been a fan of Jon Pertwee, although the new Doctor seems cool enough.

Oh no, I'm pretty sure he's back to being human. I didn't see all of the previous season, but I've seen a lot of people saying he got changed back. Probably when Amy recreated the universe.

Oh, and @Natsuru. Yes. Yes it is. :D

I never thought of that. I just assumed because the doctor still called him rory the roman and in the second episode of the new season he asks rory if he can remember all those years of waiting and rory says "sometimes"(or something to that effect)

Brucker wrote:

I'm afraid I've always been a fan of Jon Pertwee, although the new Doctor seems cool enough.

Of course he's cool, he's got a bow-tie!
I've got to be honest though, I've never actually watched an episode of the old series, apart from the very first one. I've been meaning too, although the special effects have sort of put me off. I really need to watch the Douglas Adam's episode though.

Of course he's cool, he's got a bow-tie!
I've got to be honest though, I've never actually watched an episode of the old series, apart from the very first one. I've been meaning too, although the special effects have sort of put me off. I really need to watch the Douglas Adam's episode though.

I actually kind of enjoy watching cheesy effects. It's the reason why I started watching in the first place.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!