Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Coldplay criticism

Last posted Sep 11, 2011 at 01:19AM EDT. Added Sep 09, 2011 at 09:04PM EDT
21 posts from 13 users

Well, yeah, I've seen this around, and, well, I don't know if this needs an entry; as you can see, Coldplay are probably one of the most hated bands on the Internet…

INB4 Angry Coldplay fans

Maybe better to change it to band criticism, I doubt only Coldplay will do it.

Also: Nickelback.
If we're getting an entry for criticism towards bands, those guys definitely need to be number 1.

adachi wrote:

I like Coldplay…. ;_;

So do I. I hate Nickelback, however.

Besides, the joke was started by Family Guy, so it can't be a reflection of the entire internet. We all listen to different music, and we all have our own tastes and opinions. My opinion? Coldplay is an excellent group, and Nickelback sounds like a truck running over a French horn.

Fridge wrote:

So do I. I hate Nickelback, however.

Besides, the joke was started by Family Guy, so it can't be a reflection of the entire internet. We all listen to different music, and we all have our own tastes and opinions. My opinion? Coldplay is an excellent group, and Nickelback sounds like a truck running over a French horn.

Nooooo, it definitely was NOT started by Family Guy. As I said, this is a huge thing, that has pretty much existed since Coldplay became famous.

I think Nickelback is decent enough. People say they're bad because of Chad's voice, but it's perfect for Rock music. These are probably hypocrites saying this because both he and Kurt Cobain share the same vocal techniques.

I'm relatively sure that just about any mainstream band has an exploitable, but not all make fun of the bands…

^Billie Joe Armstrong from Greenday

^Thom Yorke from Radiohead

really, just google search most bands, and you'll find an exploitable in images… So, I'd have to agree with DPF that it's not just Coldplay.

Adam DeLand wrote:

I think Nickelback is decent enough. People say they're bad because of Chad's voice, but it's perfect for Rock music. These are probably hypocrites saying this because both he and Kurt Cobain share the same vocal techniques.

You cannot compare the sickened growls of Nickelback vocals to the sublime voice of Kurt Cobain.

I feel like this should be moved to JFF, as it's degrading into outright criticism of various bands, not meme discussion.

Fridge wrote:

You cannot compare the sickened growls of Nickelback vocals to the sublime voice of Kurt Cobain.

I feel like this should be moved to JFF, as it's degrading into outright criticism of various bands, not meme discussion.

Well, it actually started as a meme discussion thread.

Efraín wrote:

Well, it actually started as a meme discussion thread.

And now we're just talking about how we all hate Nickelback. Besides, criticism of any group, regardless of genre or talent, is not exactly memetic. If it was, we could have an entire entry dedicated to hatedom of the Beatles, or the Rolling Stones, or Bob Dylan.

The only legitimate example of memetic criticism, I'd say, would be regarding Justin Bieber, just because the internet as a whole seems to detest him more than anything. That's about it.

Fridge wrote:

And now we're just talking about how we all hate Nickelback. Besides, criticism of any group, regardless of genre or talent, is not exactly memetic. If it was, we could have an entire entry dedicated to hatedom of the Beatles, or the Rolling Stones, or Bob Dylan.

The only legitimate example of memetic criticism, I'd say, would be regarding Justin Bieber, just because the internet as a whole seems to detest him more than anything. That's about it.

>Hatred of the Beatles
>Hatred of the Rolling Stones
>Hatred of Bob Dylan
>Compared to hatred of Coldplay and Nickelback

Nooooooo, not comparable in the slightest. At the very least, Nickelback and Coldplay have a large hatedom who have significant size. Those three don't. A better list would be Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Kanye West (he's awesome).

Let me see here…..
Every single artist, regardless of talent, will have fans and haters. If we were to document every single band's criticism and humiliation, KYM will soon be 90% full of haters humiliating their least favorite band. When there is fame, you also get hate. It comes both ways.

Justin Bieber on the other hand, has a hatedom so large it's bizarre, like the mention of the word "Bieber" on the Internet will result in Beliebers ranting and maximum trolling.
The only artist that comes close will be Lady Gaga, which is due to her weirdness…..and that's another story.

Change to JFF? Nah… Lock it before a shitstorm occurs. People get really uptight about their tastes in music being insulted. I'm kind of used to it, though- I like J-Rock, country and jazz… From what I can tell, that's apparently the online equivalent of saying 'TROLL ME, BITCH!' :/

Last edited Sep 11, 2011 at 01:20AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!