Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Picture yourself is a meme?

Last posted Oct 04, 2011 at 11:42PM EDT. Added Sep 15, 2011 at 07:24PM EDT
13 posts from 8 users

Syndic wrote:

If taking a picture of yourself in a mirror is a meme, then I want an entry for my new boots.

I'm pretty sure Syndic's boots are so mainstream that it surpassed KYM in meme status.

The Myspace Angles are a meme.
I don't know 'bout this one. It seems that people use a mirror to take pictures because they don't know how to set a timer, or don't have friends to take the photo for them?

This can kinda be seen like a photo fad. Other photo fads like Planking and Owling are listed as memes.

So if it's made, I should list it as a meme.

Last edited Sep 16, 2011 at 05:35PM EDT

It's like a meme saying that people take pictures with their fist pumped is a meme. It is mainstream and people do that ALL the time, and yes there are a lot of those pictures on the internet, but it's not an INTERNET meme.

Think of it like this: photo fads are pictures taken in a pose people intentionally do to make it seem special and following the fad. Taking pictures in mirrors are just another way of taking pictures, without really thinking that this is a pose. They don't really want to show that "I am following the fad that people take pictures using mirror reflections", they are more likely thinking "I look so sexy, better take a picture and share it with people".

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!