Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
CAN YOU MAKE A MEME IF YOU WANT TO MAKE ONE?

Last posted Jan 10, 2012 at 12:10PM EST. Added Dec 19, 2011 at 01:30PM EST
33 posts from 16 users

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? No meme making on this site, requesting lock and/or deletion.

This thread is now a meme.

No, seriously. You can't make a meme. It is impossible. You can create a catalyst for a meme, but most of the time it is viewed as forced. I remember watching a video of the so called "creator" of that Nigel Thornberry meme, but even then it takes many people to parody/exploit/share this idea.

That's all I can really say.

DEPENDS ON THE AMOUNT OF CAPS YOU USE FOR THE MEME.

But no, you can't make a meme.

Memes are created through the popularity and spread they gained on the web, along with the various ways they can be used. Basically anything that has gained popularity on the web can turn into a meme if it grows large enough, but you can't force it to spread. If a meme isn't received well by the masses, it won't become a meme and you should leave it at that. Sometimes a meme gets resurrected in the future, but this commonly happens by accident, so don't expect it to happen.

But back to the topic, you can't create a meme. As said before, you can't control the spread your creation gets, whether you intended it or not. Forcing it to spread will only result in negative responses, ruining nearly every chance it ever got in becoming a meme. Don't try to create something with the intention of making it a meme, people will see through it and reject it as a result. Although some have succeeded in creating a meme, memes are usually created by accident. And it's exactly that accidental creation what makes every meme unique.

Last edited Dec 19, 2011 at 01:47PM EST

Tomberry wrote:

You know, I have the feeling I've already seen that kind of thread before.
Deja-vu much.

We've probably lost count.

Skitch the Wolf, KYM Community Pet wrote:

Hay guise, lookit, I posted dis trike I makin a memes, lololololol

lolz, gud job, lololololololol dis is funi

CAPS LOCK MAKE ME STRONG!

But, to be serious (On the internet? Wow!) for a moment, it's impossible for just one person to make and spread a meme. Well, unless one had hundreds of accounts promoting it. But that would be overkill.

Oh, and by the way…inb4 the lock!

We can force (Memes!).

We can make memes when we want to
The 'net is young and so am I
And we can dress real neat
We'll look real 1337
And surprise you with Goku from DbZ Kai.

Last edited Jan 10, 2012 at 12:11PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!