Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Neat

Last posted Mar 08, 2012 at 08:59AM EST. Added Mar 04, 2012 at 01:38AM EST
12 posts from 7 users

How many examples does it have besides those?
Can you give examples outside of MLP?

@Skitch

I didn't see the bender one, so perhaps the image isn't loading.

So here you go again:

Last edited Mar 04, 2012 at 04:14PM EST

Erin β—•Ο‰β—• wrote:

Guess it didn't have as many examples as I previously thought…

I found another pony one, though.

Sorry, back to lurking moar.

It can be something, we just need a bit more examples of spread atm.

I think I've seen a pic from Pokemon Snap with the NEAT caption.

The earliest example I can remember is the Spiderman one. I suspect that it was just another captioned Spidey pic that gained popularity and recognition through repeated use at a reaction image. It certainly has started spreading though, to the point where if you went on /b/ and said "Let's have a NEAT thread" and posted a pic of a camera, I think everyone would know what to do.

Give it a little while to develop and keep an eye out for derivatives. Make like a poorly made origami crane and just let things unfold. That's my two cents.

Yes, this is a recurring response from Bender in the series, though he doesn't always have a camera.

The reaction tends to come from awkward/gross and painful/scary scenarios, but is centered around the times he does have film at hand.

Jack Candle wrote:

I think I've seen a pic from Pokemon Snap with the NEAT caption.

The earliest example I can remember is the Spiderman one. I suspect that it was just another captioned Spidey pic that gained popularity and recognition through repeated use at a reaction image. It certainly has started spreading though, to the point where if you went on /b/ and said "Let's have a NEAT thread" and posted a pic of a camera, I think everyone would know what to do.

Give it a little while to develop and keep an eye out for derivatives. Make like a poorly made origami crane and just let things unfold. That's my two cents.

You sent me to /b/
Now I need gallons of brain bleach

I tried to make a Thread, but I have no idea what happened to it, I need to lurk moar.
Could a meme reasearcher or someone else do it?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!