Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

League of Legends Entry

Last posted Oct 08, 2012 at 09:40AM EDT. Added Oct 06, 2012 at 04:15AM EDT
6 posts from 4 users

I've noticed that the League of Legends entry is severely lacking in content, and really needs an update.

There has been several comments on the entry requesting stuff to be added, but nothing has happened. That's why I'm bringing this up on the forum, just so that people would finally notice it, and add a few new editors and content.

Here's some of the stuff that probably has enough recognition to be added. I'm sure there's more, since this is a rather large Subculture, but at least it's a start.

- "Better nerf Irelia" comments

- Phreak's "Tons of Damage" and "I Play X as a Jungler" quotes

- Mundo does what he pleases.

- The answer is always Karthus

- League of Draven

- X REWORK WHERe? threads (maybe)

- Urf and Teemo (maybe)

Anyways, if you have knowledge of League of Legends, and want to work on the entry, then this might be a good chance to finally update it.

It doesn't seem all that big, maybe because of the fact that these memes are famous, but only among the players and the fanbase. I'm not sure if LoL memes could be considered memes on the entire internet, though, they seem too limited.

Flimsy wrote:

It doesn't seem all that big, maybe because of the fact that these memes are famous, but only among the players and the fanbase. I'm not sure if LoL memes could be considered memes on the entire internet, though, they seem too limited.

But since they are still pretty notable among players and the fanbase, I think they would fit well under the League of Legends subculture entry.

I'm not saying these LoL related memes need their own entry pages or anything.

A small section on the main entry would be more than enough.

Muumi wrote:

But since they are still pretty notable among players and the fanbase, I think they would fit well under the League of Legends subculture entry.

I'm not saying these LoL related memes need their own entry pages or anything.

A small section on the main entry would be more than enough.

Want me to add you as an editor?

I don't know much about LoL memes (or LoL in general), but along with the new additions I think the article needs a complete rewrite. It uses the second tense way too often (it shouldn't be used at all in articles, IMO). Many other parts of it are also just inconsistent with KYM's usual standards. I can try to fix this, but someone else might do a better job at it.

RandomMan wrote:

Want me to add you as an editor?

Unfortunately I'm not sure I'd be able to do a good enough job, and thorough enough research to make good additions to the entry. If I could've done it myself, I would've just requested editorship straight away, instead of bringing it up here on the forums.

What the entry needs now is a complete overhaul by a competent editor, and knowledge of the memes and their origin from someone who has lots of experience with LoL and its fanbase.

I'm still relatively new to LoL myself, and whenever I work hard on an entry, Don or Brad are just going to come and overwrite everything I've done anyways.

I think it'd be better to rework the whole shebang right off the bat.

If I remember correctly, Tomberry plays LoL too, so he might be able to add a lot to the entry. Though I don't know how long he's been playing. I've never really talked to him.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!