Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Faces of Marijuana:

Last posted Jan 24, 2013 at 06:20PM EST. Added Jan 05, 2013 at 01:00AM EST
8 posts from 5 users

I've noticed a few people posting on Facebook memes called "Faces of Marijuana". The format is to have a picture of a healthy person, next to the picture of a very unhealthy person, with the two pictures being wildly different people, as far as age, race, and gender go. There is also usually a tagline like "after two hits".
The whole thing is a satire of anti-drug PSA's that use ridiculous scare tactics.
I don't know if this is a general thing, or if it is just a few people making them. It might also be confined to forums for marijuana smokers.
I searched, I didn't find this anywhere else. Hope this isn't a repeat.

I'd say make a whole anti-marijuana parody entry

see "stop smoking weed" on facebook for examples

EDITS:

-just google "anti marijuana parody"

Last edited Jan 07, 2013 at 01:09PM EST

Well, with marijuana, there is already a history of ironic appreciation for PSAs going back a while. The movie "Reefer Madness", an old anti-Marijuana film, has become a cult classic amongst stoners.

Marijuana users are obviously much more casual and humorous about their own drug usage than other drug users.

Matthew Harris wrote:

Well, with marijuana, there is already a history of ironic appreciation for PSAs going back a while. The movie "Reefer Madness", an old anti-Marijuana film, has become a cult classic amongst stoners.

Marijuana users are obviously much more casual and humorous about their own drug usage than other drug users.

Yep, we usually don't take stuff too seriously.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!