Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

White Snow Girl meme?

Last posted Jul 12, 2009 at 01:40PM EDT. Added Jul 02, 2009 at 12:08AM EDT
6 posts from 6 users

I think this has good meme potential.

A spirited young girl sings Cold Play's "Violet Hill" whilst her brother and uncle engage in a frenetic lightsaber duel. Truly underscoring the song's strong anti-war message against the backdrop of comic violence.

I think it could be a perfect C- or D-grade Internet meme, along with other flash in the pans like the "I like turtles!" boy. Its assets:

1. it is only 20 seconds long 2. it pays tribute to three disparate pop culture figures (Star Wars, Coldplay, and The Simpsons – gold coin to whomever can figure where the reference is), expanding the number of people who could be attracted to it 3. these kids are pretty dang cute

But enough of my yakking, let's boogie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUjkR-OIrxA

It has to have way more views to even have the potentiality of a meme. Like Bad Chenson said, you can't force a meme. Word of mouth helps, but the more you try to advertise it the less likely its going to be a meme.

"A spirited young girl sings Cold Play's "Violet Hill" whilst her brother and uncle engage in a frenetic lightsaber duel. Truly underscoring the song's strong anti-war message against the backdrop of comic violence."

too self aware.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!