Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,681 total conversations in 3,369 threads

+ New Thread

Subculture: Street Fighter

Last posted Apr 06, 2013 at 07:50AM EDT. Added Apr 02, 2013 at 05:05PM EDT
9 posts from 7 users

Ann Hiro wrote:

I made the Article Street Fighter and would really love to improve on it since it is something that I love very much.

It is a subculture, and already has 4 confirmed memes under the tags of Street Fighter that are directly under it.

A Challenger Appears
Guiles Theme Goes With Everything
Yes Yes
Zangief Kid

I’ve already added all the necessary sub-entries. I didn’t add Yes Yes or Guile’s Theme, because they belong under YTP, A challenger Appears wasn’t added because that’s relevant to all fighting games really, and I didn’t add Zangief Kid because it’s not strictly about Street Fighter. I can get to work on the actual entry later.

Apr 02, 2013 at 05:13PM EDT

Thanks, and I’ll be looking into it more, and working on my entry making abilities.

Apr 02, 2013 at 05:18PM EDT

For Ann, the day he made this entry was the most important day of his life.

But for me, it was Tuesday.

Apr 02, 2013 at 05:18PM EDT

Random21 wrote:

I’ve already added all the necessary sub-entries. I didn’t add Yes Yes or Guile’s Theme, because they belong under YTP, A challenger Appears wasn’t added because that’s relevant to all fighting games really, and I didn’t add Zangief Kid because it’s not strictly about Street Fighter. I can get to work on the actual entry later.

I’m removing Hadokening as a sub-entry. It’s more a photo fad than something created by the street fighter fandom. Not to forget that “Hadokening” is a pretty wrong name given to it by the Western web in comparion to its eastern origins that are closer related to Dragonball.

Apr 03, 2013 at 01:29PM EDT

Well, here in Brazil we had some old Street Fighter memes.

Most because of the combination of low quality sound of the arcades/consoles and engrish.
The most know are Tiger Robocop (Tiger Uppercut), Mini Taxi (That Chun-Li leg attack) and Alex Full (Sonic Boom)

Apr 05, 2013 at 02:51PM EDT

I was thinking about Brazil and the popularity over there.

Apr 05, 2013 at 03:15PM EDT

this young italian director created a clip which is basically a rip off of Street Fighter featuring backgrounds and folkloristic characters from his hometown (Rimini).

http://youtu.be/yIlGsVBc-90

the video only has 250 views because it was recently re-uploaded, but it reached 20k+ views before being taken down at the end of march. some sequels are supposedly being produced in these days.

Apr 06, 2013 at 07:50AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!