Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Subculture: Street Fighter

Last posted Apr 06, 2013 at 07:50AM EDT. Added Apr 02, 2013 at 05:05PM EDT
9 posts from 7 users

Ann Hiro wrote:

I made the Article Street Fighter and would really love to improve on it since it is something that I love very much.

It is a subculture, and already has 4 confirmed memes under the tags of Street Fighter that are directly under it.

A Challenger Appears
Guiles Theme Goes With Everything
Yes Yes
Zangief Kid

I've already added all the necessary sub-entries. I didn't add Yes Yes or Guile's Theme, because they belong under YTP, A challenger Appears wasn't added because that's relevant to all fighting games really, and I didn't add Zangief Kid because it's not strictly about Street Fighter. I can get to work on the actual entry later.

Twenty-One wrote:

I've already added all the necessary sub-entries. I didn't add Yes Yes or Guile's Theme, because they belong under YTP, A challenger Appears wasn't added because that's relevant to all fighting games really, and I didn't add Zangief Kid because it's not strictly about Street Fighter. I can get to work on the actual entry later.

I'm removing Hadokening as a sub-entry. It's more a photo fad than something created by the street fighter fandom. Not to forget that "Hadokening" is a pretty wrong name given to it by the Western web in comparion to its eastern origins that are closer related to Dragonball.

Well, here in Brazil we had some old Street Fighter memes.

Most because of the combination of low quality sound of the arcades/consoles and engrish.
The most know are Tiger Robocop (Tiger Uppercut), Mini Taxi (That Chun-Li leg attack) and Alex Full (Sonic Boom)

this young italian director created a clip which is basically a rip off of Street Fighter featuring backgrounds and folkloristic characters from his hometown (Rimini).

http://youtu.be/yIlGsVBc-90

the video only has 250 views because it was recently re-uploaded, but it reached 20k+ views before being taken down at the end of march. some sequels are supposedly being produced in these days.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!