Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Last posted May 02, 2013 at 11:18PM EDT. Added May 01, 2013 at 01:55AM EDT
7 posts from 3 users

After Deadparrot posted this image here…

I became curious what this was referencing exactly. I remembered hearing that single sentence "NO SOUP 4 U" used several times by various people since 2002 in order to express denial of something towards someone so maybe it's a meme of some kind

But to my surprise: KYM has nothing on it. This is despite the fact that the meme has been naturally used on the KYM forums numerous times over the past years.

I had to google the phrase to discovered that it's a scene from a 1995 Sienfield episode "The Soup Nazi" which already has it's own Wikipedia page. Furthermore, right on the first page on Google; I could see that it was already noted by UrbanDictionary, Memegenerator and Tumblr

Millions of image macro's exist for it already

Does this deserve an article?

If it does, I request editorship

Last edited May 01, 2013 at 02:00AM EDT

There's still some cleanup to do and plenty more imagery to add. But I hope others can help me with that research. I need to start focusing on other things today.

I would love to find an example of the meme in action. There are some examples of it being used right here on KYM but I cant find anything outside of it, probably because of how old the meme is and how really hard it is to search forums.

Any help in spotting one would be fantastic

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!