Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Villager and Wii Fit Girl

Last posted Jun 12, 2013 at 05:53PM EDT. Added Jun 12, 2013 at 02:58AM EDT
9 posts from 8 users

Ever since their unveiling with the Super Smash Brothers WiiU/3DS trailers, it seems these characters have started gaining popularity like wildfire.

Already giving the Villager the Fannon Personality of a sadistical phyco murder and the Instructor Girl the air of the strict unstoppable yoga/taichi master.

I plan on writing an article tomorrow or day after, but info about notable developments would be helpful before I start.

Odd that I didn't see it before, but whatever. (Deadpooled and brought back?)

The phenomena is linked close together, so a dual article is what I was thinking would have to happen, but currently the Murderous Villager seems to have a bit of a longer life ahead of him than the Wii Fit Girl.

I haven't noticed anything about the Wii Fit Trainer.

…what?

Anyway, my first glance on Twitter and Tumblr last night found a few things:

• She looks a lot like Chell. There's nothing too unique about her outfit or hairstyle. But she really does look like a bit of a recolor, and Chell has already got a presence in Web Culture via Portal 2. People have been asking for fanart, so maybe that'll pop up (I do hope so.)

• She looks a lot like an Earth Bender. I don't really know much about Avatar/LoK, but

That sorta seems to, er, fit.

• "Talk shit, get fit" is a thing.

See the comment/title for each.

Also, related

Nintendo be like "lol we're not even trying anymore."

Last edited Jun 13, 2013 at 01:19AM EDT

I think the reaction to the Wii Fit Trainer is along the lines of "what the hell Nintendo" when it comes to her popularity, while the Villager is more along the fact that he looks like a sadist in the trailer. I think that the Villager's fandom is a lot more deserving of an entry than Wii Fit Trainer (hence the entry), but we could maybe give the Trainer a mention in either the Villager entry or the Smash Bros. entry (I'd vote on the latter).

Both of them are highly memetic and I had no idea this would come, this was the last thing on my list to come up, but it certainly has and it's still going through art and such as previously mentioned.

You know what I say? If we're getting the trainer, why not the balance board while we're at it?

Last edited Jun 12, 2013 at 06:01PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!