Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

If Only Someone Loved You Entry?

Last posted Feb 25, 2014 at 04:02PM EST. Added Feb 15, 2014 at 12:27PM EST
25 posts from 5 users

Slutty Sam wrote:

Not an entirely new entry, but it make make it onto the Frozen page. Could you give me some evidence of this thing's spread? If I had some, I could add this to Frozen in your honor.

Going to disagree with you and agree with OP here on giving it a seperate entry.

The thing has been pretty much exploding in two main ways:

1. As the phrase, as shown as in OP's example. Clear as day, no explanation needed.
  2. As the major plot reveal in the film + THE massive film spoiler. Pretty much everyone who watched the film was like "Awh, Hans is a cutie" in the beginning. And then suddenly the scene comes catching everyone by suprise making the previous opinion change to "Fucking Hans." This is also shown in the massive hatedom Hans has gotten.

So yeah, go make that page OP.

ARobotNamedJoe wrote:

Only thing I'm worried about now, is that, like you said, is related to a massive spoiler?
Should I tag it as a spoiler and if so how?

<b><i>[Editor's Note: This entry contains spoiler information related to the plot of Disney's <a href="https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/frozen">Frozen</a>.]</i></b>< hr >

Copy paste that at the top of the entry followed by a white line and it should work. You can probably remove it once the film is no longer available in theaters. Remove the spaces on both sides of the hr though, I just have to post it like that here due to the html allowed on the forum.

Last edited Feb 18, 2014 at 05:34PM EST

Well, you did it Joe! It looks pretty solid. Molly, the admin, added it to the Frozen entry already, so there's no need for me to do so. I labelled it as spoiler though, because it wasn't already.

Slutty Sam wrote:

Well, you did it Joe! It looks pretty solid. Molly, the admin, added it to the Frozen entry already, so there's no need for me to do so. I labelled it as spoiler though, because it wasn't already.

I removed that spoiler again because it was pretty annoying to have such a small button cover such an entire header. It should be kinda obvious that a subculture entry about Frozen will contain spoilers about Frozen. I don't think our users are of kindergarten level.

RandomMan wrote:

I removed that spoiler again because it was pretty annoying to have such a small button cover such an entire header. It should be kinda obvious that a subculture entry about Frozen will contain spoilers about Frozen. I don't think our users are of kindergarten level.

I don't know, I've seen some people act that way. For example, on the Metal Gear page, the comments are all pretty much just people whining about how the page was spoiled because they decided to read through it. Heck, even on the page made for "If Only Someone Loved You", there's someone who said they didn't watch the movie, yet they read through the page regardless. There's also heavy complaints about the "Tear Jerker" entry's image gallery. I don't know about you, but I think that putting spoiler warnings wherever necessary, especially for such a new film, is pretty necessary on this site.

Whatever, I won't reject your input, just question it a little. You're way more experienced in this kind of thing anyways.

Slutty Sam wrote:

I don't know, I've seen some people act that way. For example, on the Metal Gear page, the comments are all pretty much just people whining about how the page was spoiled because they decided to read through it. Heck, even on the page made for "If Only Someone Loved You", there's someone who said they didn't watch the movie, yet they read through the page regardless. There's also heavy complaints about the "Tear Jerker" entry's image gallery. I don't know about you, but I think that putting spoiler warnings wherever necessary, especially for such a new film, is pretty necessary on this site.

Whatever, I won't reject your input, just question it a little. You're way more experienced in this kind of thing anyways.

I understand.

But then I'd look more into something like Wikia's offer. Those notes that read "spoilers start/end here". Or a possible warning at the top of the page should the page contain quite some spoilers in total. Then again, Wikipedia doesn't give a shit in adding warnings.

My main issue is that those buttons are just way too small to use for covering an entire header. If a different solution is there, shoot it, but we shouldn't shorten down well written entries to 5 buttons as that would just look unprofessional.

Last edited Feb 18, 2014 at 09:08PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

I understand.

But then I'd look more into something like Wikia's offer. Those notes that read "spoilers start/end here". Or a possible warning at the top of the page should the page contain quite some spoilers in total. Then again, Wikipedia doesn't give a shit in adding warnings.

My main issue is that those buttons are just way too small to use for covering an entire header. If a different solution is there, shoot it, but we shouldn't shorten down well written entries to 5 buttons as that would just look unprofessional.

Do you think maybe I should put a decently-sized label in bold text at the top of the section instead to solve this? I do agree that the buttons are annoying, so this needs to be fixed. Should I place a warning at the top of each section that needs it, or just at the top of the entire entry, if at all?

Slutty Sam wrote:

Do you think maybe I should put a decently-sized label in bold text at the top of the section instead to solve this? I do agree that the buttons are annoying, so this needs to be fixed. Should I place a warning at the top of each section that needs it, or just at the top of the entire entry, if at all?

I think I already did that on the entry.

ARobotNamedJoe wrote:

Do you think I should've switched the icon with Hans and Anna with an example of the meme like Scar and Mufasa?

No, I don't think it's necessary. I like the article how it is.

And on the spoiler marking, I understand that you already marked it on the individual article, I'm talking to Random about the Frozen subculture article.

ARobotNamedJoe wrote:

I think I already did that on the entry.

Your warning was bigger than the about section itself.

No need to overdo it.

ARobotNamedJoe wrote:

As of now, I have changed the icon into something less spoilerish, but relevant at the same time.

Good idea!

@both of you

I've added spoiler warnings to the Frozen Subculture page where needed. (The plot overview and Joe's entry) It's exactly like the one at the top of "If Only Someone Loved You".

Change the 'trending' description of the header as well. People can quickly figure out the ending from the current description without even clicking the article; it's pretty unfair to people who've yet to watch it.

Judging by the comments of the entry, I'm starting to think I wrote this too soon. Or that someone needs to make the info on the front page and trending bar less spoilery. I would do that if I actually knew how.

Guys, really. I need to know how to change the entry's image in the trending bar. It's really spoiling the movie. At least with the title and the icon (somewhat) of the entry, it doesn't spoil much. If only a forum moderator can do it, could you guys do it instead. Please?

ARobotNamedJoe wrote:

Guys, really. I need to know how to change the entry's image in the trending bar. It's really spoiling the movie. At least with the title and the icon (somewhat) of the entry, it doesn't spoil much. If only a forum moderator can do it, could you guys do it instead. Please?

Yes, only mods can change that. I think it's exclusive to staff though. Forum moderators only moderate the forums, obviously, so they can't mess with that. Maybe a Database Mod like Random could mess with it. If not, ask a staff member like Don to change it for you through PM.

ARobotNamedJoe wrote:

Judging by the comments of the entry, I'm starting to think I wrote this too soon. Or that someone needs to make the info on the front page and trending bar less spoilery. I would do that if I actually knew how.

If someone was dead set on avoiding film spoilers, reading an entry that clearly shows it's about Frozen probably wasn't their smartest move.

There's already a warning at the top, and the entry shows it's about Frozen. If people still manage to get it spoiled, they probably did something wrong.

RandomMan wrote:

If someone was dead set on avoiding film spoilers, reading an entry that clearly shows it's about Frozen probably wasn't their smartest move.

There's already a warning at the top, and the entry shows it's about Frozen. If people still manage to get it spoiled, they probably did something wrong.

The major problem though is that people can tell the ending just by the trending thumbnail at the top which people can't avoid even if they choose to as long as they're using the site which is pretty unfair.

Slutty Sam wrote:

The major problem though is that people can tell the ending just by the trending thumbnail at the top which people can't avoid even if they choose to as long as they're using the site which is pretty unfair.

>Picture of Hans alongside the phrase only people who have actually seen the film would be able to connect to the plot.

Please explain to me how that image ruins the ending, because it doesn't.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!