Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

The Lego Movie Subculture

Last posted Feb 19, 2014 at 10:51PM EST. Added Feb 19, 2014 at 08:19PM EST
6 posts from 4 users

Since its release on the seventh, The Lego Movie has already shown a fairly sizable fandom, and it's sure to grow even more as time goes by and more people see it. What outright making an entry might be a bit preemptive, it'll likely need one eventually, and we'll need a thread for researching.

So, what do you guys think?

No, not now. Not every popular movie needs a subculture page. I haven't seen its presence too much on the internet either. Just wait a while. We waited for Frozen, and that movie earned itself a page for sure. I haven't spotted LEGO movie-related things on the internet too much. This is iffy. Just give it a while. No need to be hasty!

I love the movie to death and I really want this to happen, but it doesn't need to happen as of now. I've seen it twice, and I'd put it on my extensive list of "Favorite Movies Ever".

Last edited Feb 19, 2014 at 08:33PM EST

That's exactly what I'm saying: It doesn't need an entry, not yet. But like Frozen, it'll almost certainly eventually need one (especially considering that, among teens/adults, Lego is more popular on the Internet than IRL), and we'll need some place to put stuff related to it so, when the time comes, we'll have something to start with.

Snickerway wrote:

That's exactly what I'm saying: It doesn't need an entry, not yet. But like Frozen, it'll almost certainly eventually need one (especially considering that, among teens/adults, Lego is more popular on the Internet than IRL), and we'll need some place to put stuff related to it so, when the time comes, we'll have something to start with.

Yes, it's a good idea and all, but I believe that you are thinking too quickly. We waited a few months after Frozen's release to make a page, so wait a few to see if there are any developments.

If you really want to do something now though, try putting a LEGO movie section on the original LEGO subculture page

You could ask one of the current editors to do it, or you could just request for editorship and do it yourself. Maybe later, a page made entirely for the movie will be needed, but wait for now.

I'd agree, no entries right now. Let's wait and see if it spawns any memes like Frozen, as that really is what we should be judging it by, no need to make entries for everything that's popular after all. There does appear to be some memetic potential in 'Everything is Awesome', so that might be one to watch.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!