Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Why was my Sonic X entry deadpooled?

Last posted Apr 06, 2014 at 02:38PM EDT. Added Apr 06, 2014 at 12:52PM EDT
14 posts from 4 users

I mean, I followed the guidelines, I included what it was about, the origin, the spread, and even listed criticisms against it, but it still get deadpooled. Was there something I was missing? Was there something I did wrong. Please reply if you can tell me.

It's extremely biased. It isn't even an entry. All you did was post your own personal rant about how you hate the show. The fan .gif isn't even relevant to the article and was just part of a cheesy joke. You used relatively no textile at all to organize it. It's just a long paragraph. Try using headers. If you wanted to include criticism, put a separate section labelled "Criticism" and post general criticisms many people on the internet legitimately had. Try sourcing the criticisms (for example, forums about it, reviews, etc.) and making it clear that they don't come from you personally. (Ex: X Review website said blah blah blah about Sonic X). Pretty bad grammar as well to nitpick. The better question is what isn't wrong about it? I could help you out with it if you would like. Also, the entry itself, even if well done, doesn't really deserve an article, but since you already made it, you might as well get it into shape.

Slutty Sam wrote:

It's extremely biased. It isn't even an entry. All you did was post your own personal rant about how you hate the show. The fan .gif isn't even relevant to the article and was just part of a cheesy joke. You used relatively no textile at all to organize it. It's just a long paragraph. Try using headers. If you wanted to include criticism, put a separate section labelled "Criticism" and post general criticisms many people on the internet legitimately had. Try sourcing the criticisms (for example, forums about it, reviews, etc.) and making it clear that they don't come from you personally. (Ex: X Review website said blah blah blah about Sonic X). Pretty bad grammar as well to nitpick. The better question is what isn't wrong about it? I could help you out with it if you would like. Also, the entry itself, even if well done, doesn't really deserve an article, but since you already made it, you might as well get it into shape.

"Also, the entry itself, even if well done, doesn’t really deserve an article."

you know what other entries don't deserve articles?

Advice Animal memes.

And yet they're allowed get away Scot-free, despite them not being actual memes.

In comparison, my Sonic X entry outmatches all of the Advice Animal entries, and yet my entry gets deadpooled and the Advice Animals are allowed to roam free.

grimmore wrote:

"Also, the entry itself, even if well done, doesn’t really deserve an article."

you know what other entries don't deserve articles?

Advice Animal memes.

And yet they're allowed get away Scot-free, despite them not being actual memes.

In comparison, my Sonic X entry outmatches all of the Advice Animal entries, and yet my entry gets deadpooled and the Advice Animals are allowed to roam free.

Nice strawman, but not an argument.

They are two very different types of entries, and so different reason is used when deciding if it's better to deadpool or not.

Let's not even forget that I myself advised you to not make a Sonic X entry in your previous thread. Yet you were still stubborn enough to make one, so how was this outcome not something you could've seen coming?

>"In comparison, my Sonic X entry outmatches all of the Advice Animal entries"

Do you really believe that? Well then, let's run over your entry.

It's one big paragraph. No headers, no textile, no organisation in any way whatsoever. The grammar and sentence building is just poorly done. Your entire conclusion in the paragraph was that the show is despised by everyone and therefore shouldn't be called notable. So why the entry?

Do you really believe your entry outmatches even the most retarded Advice Animal when it comes to quality? I mean, let's quote the last part in the entry:

In Fact, here is what happened when we showed Sonic X to a fan…..

Yeah, it’s that bad, avoid at all costs!

Clearly you wrote the entry as a joke, had no intention anywhere to put down some serious work, and were fooling around with the entire thing from beginning to end.

If it wasn't deadpooled for lack of notability already, I would've deadpooled it again for the lack of effort.

Kung Fu Cthulhu wrote:

“you know what other entries don’t deserve articles? Advice Animal memes.”

Amazing how you contributed to a Meme Research thread. I really don't know what this thread would've become without your unparalleled knowledge. Every bit of your post shows it was 100% necessary to make.

(Was that post really necessary? No, it wasn't.)

Last edited Apr 06, 2014 at 02:29PM EDT

grimmore wrote:

You know, if I wanted to make a serious entry, I could, and I would do it without batting a butt.

But you didn’t here, and yet you’re still suprised it was deadpooled.

Of course i'm not surprised, it was one of the worst entries I ever wrote on this site, but it was meant to be that way.

In a world of war, poverty, discrimination, and all sorts of jimmie rustling nonsense, we all need to have a laugh every now and then to remind us that there is still joy to be had in the world

This isn't funny. You're spamming up the site with more deadpooled articles. If you just said that you think the article was terrible, then why are you confused on why it was deadpooled? You're really starting to contradict yourself. Why don't you fix it and make it serious then? Show us that you can make it good and you can put your money where your mouth is.

If not, then stop bluffing! Please tell us what your goal is. I'm really confused about what you ultimately wanted out of this. At first you wanted it to he serious, then you wrote a snarky rant, now you're wondering why it was deadpooled, and then you admitted it was terrible and you made it fir lulz. Please explain what you are trying to get out of this, because I am baffled by how quickly you're changing your point of view.

EDIT:

You admitted it was terrible, so why are you wondering why it was deadpooled? It was deadpooled for lack of notability and lack of effort.

Last edited Apr 06, 2014 at 02:34PM EDT

grimmore wrote:

I was just wondering why it was deadpooled.

Which brings me back to what I said earlier.

You wrote an entry for a topic that isn't notable. Prior to making the entry you were already aware that the topic wasn't notable. And through the entire entry you just wrote it like a joke in intentional poor quality you knew nobody would take serious.

It had al the qualifications to receive a deadpool. A poor topic with poor spread in poor quality.

Yet how were you still wondering it?

Last edited Apr 06, 2014 at 02:36PM EDT

grimmore wrote:

I never intended to get anything out of this, because I don't extort people for money irl.

And I'm never intending to undeadpool that entry, with mod powers I don't get paid for.

I am intending to lock this thread now though, which I'm also doing for free.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!