Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,939 total conversations in 3,415 threads

+ New Thread

More Subcultures

Last posted Jul 02, 2014 at 03:25PM EDT. Added Jul 02, 2014 at 11:48AM EDT
5 posts from 4 users

Here’s a few subcultures that might be good for an article

James Bond: This already has an article, but it needs cleaning up. Being a nearly 52 year old movie franchise based off an even older book franchise, it has a notable internet fandom and multiple subreddits

Code Geass: Similar to Cowboy Bebop, it has become an anime classic and has a notable fandom online.

Last edited Jul 02, 2014 at 11:55AM EDT
Jul 02, 2014 at 11:48AM EDT

If there are any meme’s based of those subcultures?

I didn’t find anything about James Bond (Yes, I know you’re thinking Geddan, but that’s under the MAD subculture)

Code Grease… wat? Any memes surrounding that?

This is Know Your Meme. I know we have a lot of subcultures (Games, Mario, Ect) But all of them have an element of memes to it. (Arrow to the Knee, Mario Face)

Jul 02, 2014 at 12:32PM EDT

Code Geass has Spinzaku Kick and United States of Japan-pan. Random 21 was also talking about a page for it in the Japanese Memes Thread.

As for James Bond, we do have an (extremely terrible) article for it here. If you want, try asking a higher mod for editorship and fix it up (and change to subculture.) Anything is better than the state it’s in now.

Last edited Jul 02, 2014 at 01:08PM EDT
Jul 02, 2014 at 12:41PM EDT

Pssh, more subcultures is my middle name. I have so many planned, and yes, Code Geass is one. Make the entry before I do and I’ll ban you I’ll be very annoyed. But James Bond is fine, you can work on that. We also have some entries for Guilty Gear and BlazBlue that need touching up a bit, if you’re willing to help. Just ask and I’ll add you.

Jul 02, 2014 at 01:03PM EDT

Jacob wrote:

Code Geass has Spinzaku Kick and United States of Japan-pan. Random 21 was also talking about a page for it in the Japanese Memes Thread.

As for James Bond, we do have an (extremely terrible) article for it here. If you want, try asking a higher mod for editorship and fix it up (and change to subculture.) Anything is better than the state it’s in now.

Oh, thanks for clearing the part about Code Geass up.

Jul 02, 2014 at 03:25PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!