Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

An Article on Frikipedia/Uncyclopedia

Last posted Dec 21, 2009 at 02:55PM EST. Added Dec 21, 2009 at 07:10AM EST
5 posts from 5 users

Well, yeah, first thread, but I've been thinking about this for a while.

There are localized memes listed here (Like Sneilhest or Japanese Memes like Konbini Store or others) and I was wondering if Frikipedia/Uncyclopedia would count.

For Spanish speakers, this is the equivalent of Ecyclopedia Dramatica, a wikipedia clone that is in fact so massive that contains special pages with warnings about different humour depending on which spanish speaking country you come from. That's saying something.

Being such a massive phenomenon it has developped its own memes, like Tio1.jpg (Dude1.jpg/Uncle1.jpg)and Miguel De Cervantes as well as embrace other, more global memes (Chuck Norris and The Flying Spaghetti Monster among others)

Anyways, I was wondering what the general opinions were and maybe there could be an article about it, the problem is that I don't know if it qualifies as a meme. The page itself doesn't, but there definitively is memetic content in it.

Well, thanks for your time and please respond ^^

I think you mean to write an article as some kind of meta-meme entry for all the sub-memes that can come out of it.
But, aside from that Tio.jpg, there is no other memes being created from it.

There is no need to write an article about uncyclopedia, for there is no need to write an article about ED either.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!