Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

New trending in Mexico

Last posted Oct 21, 2014 at 02:43AM EDT. Added Sep 29, 2014 at 06:04PM EDT
2 posts from 2 users

Hi, I don't know if I can post this here but here I go:

There is lately a new meme trend in my country Mexico is about the macro with the picture of Kermit the frog drinking sweet tea and starting with the caption "Algunas veces" wich in english means "sometimes" for example "Algunas veces no quiero ir a terapia pero luego recuerdo que soy el terapeuta y se me pasa" (sometimes I don't want to go to therapy but then I remember I'm the Therapist and I forget about it). People doesn't only use that macro, any picture of Kermit the frog can be used. Can you investigate about it? Thanks in advance.

Yeah i noticed it too, like most mexican memes they are pretty hit-or-miss though.

My favorite one is this someone posted on a LoL group:

"Sometimes i want to make a Pentakill but then i remember i'm a Bronze league and forget about it".

Sounds better on spanish ^^;

Though KYM mostly reports on english-language stuff, but i recall them having a Peña Nieto entry, an entry about the protests in Venezuela and a entry about some cartoon popular in middle east.

Even still, the problem with researching those memes is that they tend to originate on sites like Facebook (Correct me if i'm wrong, i don't use spanish meme sites) so it's hard to track an exact origin.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!