Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Question on One-Shotting.

Last posted Sep 19, 2009 at 12:15PM EDT. Added Sep 18, 2009 at 10:00PM EDT
3 posts from 2 users

Within the introduction of massive online gaming, since the ages of Britannia in UO and the lands of Everquest, Diablo, Lianage and many more you always find this trend of the 3l33t pwning the nubs or noobs within a second or so due often to level gaps and gear differences, as well as skill in the game in so much as things of theory crafting, building skill trees, etc…often familiarized as "one-shotting", this phenomena really loses its touch once you reach an end game status where you are really only congregating with reasonably equally matched players all doing end game things.

Basically i ask these questions to the one shot:

1) Does the one shot require the target to go from full health to zero within one swing or one spell, or do combination of moves actually indeed count as a one shot assuming they all happen within lets say a second?

and

2) Should there be some kind of limit or ruling on when you can really claim one shotting?

Its easy for one-shotting to occur when there is a huge level gap considered between the players, and this is inevitably true regardless of skill lvl and even gear un till you start to close separational gaps.. but for me, as a player I feel that One-shot should only count with people on equal playing ground. Or damn near it. For example if i'm lvl 80 and you are lvl 79 and i kill you in one hit, ur bad, qq, ONE-SHOT. But similarly if you are 80 for example and can equip better gear and i may not kill you within one hit but within the first second of combat, or in what i like to call a "Stun Rickroll" which is slighty different in that it can take longer but the basic premise is to Stun or Incapacitate your target and kill them before the stun wears off.

Actually i just answered my question.

Thanks?

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooongcat ftw!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!