Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Rage desu/desu extreme desu?

Last posted Aug 14, 2010 at 04:03AM EDT. Added Aug 10, 2010 at 02:01AM EDT
14 posts from 9 users

Possible future sub-meme of the desu meme?

I submitted this earlier to memegenerator so I could make a few desu images with ease to use on the forums here.

I was surprised when I almost immediately saw it on /b/ with text relating to pie for some odd reason. I went back to memegenerator and there were a few other variations made by other users.

It is labeled as "Desu Extreme Desu" on memegenerator.
http://memegenerator.net/Desu-Extreme-Desu

I know it will take a long time to become memetic but it seems to have taken off rapidly. I have to keep an eye out for more use of it.

Last edited Aug 10, 2010 at 02:01AM EDT

This image is originally one of the derivatives of Rena Ryugu's "liar!"(嘘だ!, Usoda!). Yes, Higurashi When They Cry is its origin.

When its animation was on the air on 2006, this epic shout became popular phrase among 2channel users. And because of the influence of its popularity in there, other characters' same shouting images were made.

I don't know why only Suiseiseki's raging image is popular among westerners.

^ Oh I thought the expression looked familiar because I am actually in the process of watching that anime. Maybe Rena's image just hasn't gotten around enough on western sites yet.

It seems that only her extreme rage expression is used as useful image for replying in forums, and there is no reason why this image should be Suiseiseki's.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!