Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,829 total conversations in 4,533 threads

+ New Thread

I Need a Translation.

Last posted Aug 14, 2010 at 11:37AM EDT. Added Aug 13, 2010 at 10:04AM EDT
10 posts from 5 users

One of the curators of the Forever(21) event of Interior Semiotics contacted me, saying this:

"Hello I curated Forever (21) and please let me inform you that Pizza Slut was on the card of the show, not a a group. Pizza slut is a classification of the the idea of in-differentiation of progress that is aging. The blatant idea that we will never have that idealized fantasy realized that no one will be forever young or 21. These processes are professed through kitsch scheme overlaid with truths and desires of the individual artists featured in this exhibition. Our new name is MSA, Multicultural Student Association. Look us up on Facebook. Thanks for blogging! "

Half of the sentences in this passage make no sense. I have a suspicions this girl who curated the event is BS'ing me. Help.

Forever (21)- is the Interior Semiotics show organized by the Multicultural Student Association under the pseudonym “Pizza Slut”. I think she's saying everyone is always aging and can't be Forever 21(age). The show was to share that knowledge.

what is this i dont even.

Last edited Aug 13, 2010 at 03:16PM EDT

“Hello I curated Forever (21) and please let me inform you that Pizza Slut was on the card of the show, not a a group. Pizza slut is a classification of the the idea of in-differentiation of progress that is aging. The blatant idea that we will never have that idealized fantasy realized that no one will be forever young or 21. These processes are professed through kitsch scheme overlaid with truths and desires of the individual artists featured in this exhibition. Our new name is MSA, Multicultural Student Association. Look us up on Facebook. Thanks for blogging! "

Translation:

Sup dawg, I was the administrative director (manager) of the collected works known as "Forever (21)". Pizza Slut was the name of the concept (idea, theme) that was being explored in "interior semiotics" – this concept regards the lack of immediate recognisable differences experienced over time, as humans gradually age. Further, it explores the obvious: that humans can't be forever young and beautiful, though many aspire to it, due to the process of ageing. The process of ageing was explored in "Forever (21)" with the primary theme of vulgar and pretensious bad taste, which individual artists then contibuted their own truths and desires to in their own interpretations of the theme…"

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!