Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Lrn 2 Research!

Last posted Oct 04, 2010 at 09:14AM EDT. Added Oct 03, 2010 at 01:31PM EDT
5 posts from 4 users

Hey guys, I'm currently researching a well known online catchphrase called Lrn 2 X or simply lrn2X.

I'm pretty sure a lot of you has heard of this phrase and for those of you who haven't, it's a phrase used for trolling other online users of something they cannot or should have done.

Often times, it is used in LOLspeak like so:

Though, this isn't going to be an easy meme to research because of the common reoccurrence of the regular version of the phrase, Learn to. Even Learn 2 is somewhat of a problematic phrase. Though problematic, I can still use these other versions as examples of how the phrase isn't really all that original of a phrase.

I'll need all the help I can get. To those of you who know a thing or two about this internet catchphrase, please step forward and let me know. Much obliged.

If I might add, the phrase is (from what I have seen / heard) "L2 X". It is also heavily used in games like WoW, mostly when people make mistakes in raids or battle grounds. This could be a derivative of the original lrn2 x… more research is needed though :P

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!