Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[General] "Pool's Closed" — KYM Stock Market is Finished!

Last posted Apr 04, 2017 at 12:10AM EDT. Added Apr 02, 2017 at 12:06AM EDT
34 posts from 26 users

Well that sure was fun, wasn't it?

My final net worth was 752 coins, I had invested the most into Kemono Friends.
How did everyone else do?

(man, that's a blurry picture)

Last edited Apr 02, 2017 at 12:14AM EDT

I bought 5 shares of Rat Movie for 1 each just for giggles, it ended up being pretty valuable at about 12 each, becoming almost as valuable as my share in Club Penguin, which I accurately guessed was going to spike in value

Last edited Apr 02, 2017 at 12:15AM EDT

I had 420 coins left. Forgot what my total net worth was because the investments I didn't sell weren't worth much anyway.

Edit: Thanks to Particle Mare I found out it wasn't too late take a screencap of my portfolio

Last edited Apr 02, 2017 at 12:32AM EDT

635. The Occupy Don Street crash both screwed me and saved me. I had 5 stocks that were worth 40 each then dropped to 10, decided fuck it and dumped my remaining coin into it, buying 12 shares, which luckily doubled to 20. Went from 680 to 530 back up to 635. Managed to get two Samurai Jack shares nice and early at 20 so a third of my worth is there. Also sold my Club Penguin shares at 40 only for it to shoot up to 65 five minutes later, because fuck me right?

All in all, fun little game we had here. Too bad I didn't get here this time yesterday, could of and would have dumped everything I had into Samurai Jack and would have drowned you all in my coin.

If you think this is high, wait for some of the other Discord users to get in here. We really helped each other figure out how the heck this works, and shared entries that were going up and notified each other on entries going down. This is nothing compared to some of them.

Did you guys follow the portfolios of other people?
I kept a close eye on the portfolios of users that posted on the "KYM Stock Speculation And Meme Economy" thread throughout the entire day.

The things I witnessed during all of this was surprising. Let me give you my story of what I saw during the stock market system.

Originally, I thought a stock market system in KYM was an interesting idea. I even believed that people can practice stocks from the system. Then it was today, that I went into Discord and learned of all the desperately of things. I will admit I did become a snitch to this, of course Rivers know, but I discovered that there was insider trading in the Discord.

People were being manipulative in the memeconomy section of the Discord chat, as people were posting what memes to invest their shares in. Eventually, immediately when Don arrived in the Discord, I immediately snitched and told him. He will not forgive me.

After I snitched, I went back and realized that one person literally hacked their portfolio to have billions of KYMcoins. Don saw this and warned them.

In the end, I learned a bit of a lesson today. People were being savages over stocks and some simply wanted to be on top of the list and went to cutthroat and secretive lengths to do so. All of this over some stocks.

I will admit I did become a snitch to this, of course Rivers know, but I discovered that there was insider trading in the Discord.

Insider trading is when people made decisions based off of confidential information. While that did happen, it wasn't to the degree you think, and do keep in mind this was a one day meme stock exchange.

People were being manipulative in the memeconomy section of the Discord chat, as people were posting what memes to invest their shares in.

That's not manipulative or insider trading. Most the entries shared were done so based off of publicly available information anyone can check. It's no different than the sort of stuff you see with "BUY BUY BUY" and "SELL SELL SELL" in seeking stock advice.

After I snitched, I went back and realized that one person literally hacked their portfolio to have billions of KYMcoins. Don saw this and warned them.

…That was literally just an edit, and Don was memeing.

People were being savages over stocks and some simply wanted to be on top of the list and went to cutthroat and secretive lengths to do so. All of this over some stocks.

Memes.

I sold all of my stocks before closing. I basically just bought what I thought would blow up as I saw it on the trending bar, along with a few other things.

The portfolio and stock activity/price history graph pages are staying up permanently.

You can add /portfolio to your profile url or click the portfolio tab in your edit profile pages.

They're also viewable to the public.

Last edited Apr 02, 2017 at 12:42PM EDT

617--mostly from investing in penny stocks, hoping others join in and boost the value, and then shorting the stock.

Worked well in my favor for breath in boi, Linux, Silk Road, and Fully Automate Gay Space Communism (which I should've held longer)--only small gains everywhere else.

At the end of the day, the majority of my net worth came from one of the cringiest memes of 2016.

Ended with 229, not really high but acceptable as i wasn't really busy with it.

Oh yeah, they are handing out badges which link to your portfolio, quite handy.

Last edited Apr 03, 2017 at 03:35AM EDT

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but I just wanted to say in someplace or another that i was unable to actually browse the site during April Fools, so i ended up missing this wonderful(?) activity.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!