Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Transformers General

Last posted Sep 18, 2014 at 01:18AM EDT. Added Jul 18, 2014 at 04:46PM EDT
37 posts from 17 users

I think it's about time that we have a Transformers general thread.
Feel free to talk about your favorite series, comics, characters, toys and other transformers related content.
Have fun.

Last edited Jul 18, 2014 at 04:51PM EDT

I used to watch the cartoon and had the movie but I was quite young at the time. I have however been trying to catch up on the comic books.

Also G1 are my favourite designs but I really like shattered glass too.

I love watching the first seasons of Transformers, you know, the original and the best. Generation 1 and onwards. Of course I'm too young to have actually watched them as a little kid, but it has an authenticity like feel.

Also the theme songs, they're so awesome.

I don't know, it just feels like I'm in another time, another universe.

Alright, I have to ask, is Transformers: Cybertron good? I used to watch it on WB, and liked it, but I realize there were a lot of things I liked when I was younger that wasn't really good.
And I know there's the whole "If you liked it, it was good for you" but I mean, do Transformers fans (outside of the "G1 are the only real transformers" crowd) consider good or bad?

Jill wrote:

Alright, I have to ask, is Transformers: Cybertron good? I used to watch it on WB, and liked it, but I realize there were a lot of things I liked when I was younger that wasn't really good.
And I know there's the whole "If you liked it, it was good for you" but I mean, do Transformers fans (outside of the "G1 are the only real transformers" crowd) consider good or bad?

no, the only part of the unicron trilogy that was good was armada, energon and cybertron sucked terribly

TripleA9000 wrote:

no, the only part of the unicron trilogy that was good was armada, energon and cybertron sucked terribly

Most of the Unicron Trilogy had its ups and downs. Armada had way to much filler with too many episodes about just finding minicons, Energon had awkward dubbing and repetitive plot-lines, and Cybertron kind of got bogged-down in the speed planet arc.

Last edited Jul 19, 2014 at 01:05AM EDT

Jill wrote:

Fans are weird in that they latch on to series so some love it and some hate it years later. The main problem people had with it was that the first half was kind of slow, the CGI robots on cartoon backround looked weird, and there was a lot of transformations that used stock footage to fill out episodes.

TripleA9000 wrote:

totally, but i can't stand prime starscream, it just feels like they flanderized his character to me

I didn't really see much of a difference between Prime and Animated really. Try to Overthrow Megatron → fail → go rogue → hilarious freelance Decepticonery. And the characterization was exactly what you would expect of a Starscream.

Last edited Jul 19, 2014 at 01:24AM EDT

I found Starscream lame because he was always Megatron's bitch and all the other Decepticons hated and didn't fear him enough for leadership.

@Calkarot

I got WFC a while ago and I'm on the 8th mission I think. The multiplayer is pretty fun too.

Last edited Jul 19, 2014 at 08:55AM EDT

Spider-Byte wrote:

I found Starscream lame because he was always Megatron's bitch and all the other Decepticons hated and didn't fear him enough for leadership.

@Calkarot

I got WFC a while ago and I'm on the 8th mission I think. The multiplayer is pretty fun too.

Maybe this clip will change your mind?

Old Man GigaChad wrote:

I didn't really see much of a difference between Prime and Animated really. Try to Overthrow Megatron → fail → go rogue → hilarious freelance Decepticonery. And the characterization was exactly what you would expect of a Starscream.

but he was such a pussy, i mean at least animated starscream was willing to fight

Jacob wrote:

Alright, I have to ask, is Transformers: Cybertron good? I used to watch it on WB, and liked it, but I realize there were a lot of things I liked when I was younger that wasn’t really good.

I'll go with what Lord Starscream said to hopeful help explain, most of Unicron Trilogy's televised series had their ups and downs if memory serves, but I can't compose an full opinion at the moment since it's been a while since I too have seen Cyberton(Galaxy Quest), might need to watch it again some time soon.

Calkarot wrote:

Did any of you play War for/Fall of Cybertron? Those games are fucking amazing.

Yep, both are still my favorite video games of all time (Though WFC's gmaeplay is much more favored despite FoC's story mode being an absolute masterpiece IMO)

Spider-byte wrote:

I found Starscream lame because he was always Megatron’s bitch and all the other Decepticons hated and didn’t fear him enough for leadership.

Ironically that's almost the exact reason why I love Starscream; although his strategic mind and persistence are normally why he's my third favorite Decepticon.

@Lord Starscream (Sharkdude5)
@TripleA9000

Knock it off you two, Prime's Starscream was just as cowardice as G1's incarnation yet much the same he knew when was a good time to flee (in his views that is) which got him scraped less on several occasions than Animated's.
However, needless to say, we all know what both Starscreams' true goals are same as any other Screamer.

Simply to rule over all.

hey, do you guys remember Transformers:Armada? its one of my favourite childhood memories, becouse it was the one that introduced me to the Transformers world. (Also one of my favourite of all the generations)

Tidalwave FTW

Last edited Jul 20, 2014 at 07:26AM EDT

The new series looks more like an attempt to fuse Prime and Animated (which was best series, don't even try to fight that). And it looks like its going to fail. The Prime robot designs were already mediocre at best, trying to make them look like they were drawn in Animated style doesn't make them look any better. From what I see all Autobots are just bulky chest, thin legs, huge shoulders. But unless I see some Decepticon designs I can't say much. Other than it looks like a more than likely flop.

We're into another borefest like Prime again. Hands down.

I'm not sure how I feel about the animation. On one hand, the idea to make CGI look like hand-drawn animation (presumably using cel shading) is interesting, but on the other, the execution makes it look a little too much like a PS2 game for my taste.

I'll wait before I do any serious judging, though. We don't even know the characters' names at this point.

Sunhammer wrote:

The new series looks more like an attempt to fuse Prime and Animated (which was best series, don't even try to fight that). And it looks like its going to fail. The Prime robot designs were already mediocre at best, trying to make them look like they were drawn in Animated style doesn't make them look any better. From what I see all Autobots are just bulky chest, thin legs, huge shoulders. But unless I see some Decepticon designs I can't say much. Other than it looks like a more than likely flop.

We're into another borefest like Prime again. Hands down.

>Prime
>Borefest

Wut? As far as I know people absolutely love Prime.

EDIT: Also, guys, the beta for Transformers Universe is out. And it has been for a while apparently…. https://www.transformersuniverse.com/home

Last edited Aug 09, 2014 at 10:26PM EDT

This show…..oh my god this show. Simply my favorite Transformers show and series of toys. To put it simply….it's flawess. They knew when to be funny, when to be serius, when to be crazy and when to be EPIC. The characters are just awesome, and it really felt like this was a real war with REAL casualties. Every single death, even from the villains, touch me in some way or another. Specially these ones:

My favorite two: Dinobot and Depth Charge. What can I say? I just loved these two. They had the best moments and lines and the way the two went to the Matrix were both heroic and epic.

Last edited Sep 05, 2014 at 06:22PM EDT

ARobotNamedJoe wrote:

Fun fact: I heard that Ratchet was originally going to be female in the G1 and Animated iteration. What do you think of a female Ratchet in a future reboot?

Well, they did make Red Alert female in Animated.

Ok, it's been bothering me since the Robots in Disguise 2015 series Teaser release.

Snickerway wrote:

I’ll wait before I do any serious judging, though. We don’t even know the characters’ names at this point.

The cast's names (so far): The yellow one is Bumblebee, The new white fembot is Strongarm, Red is Sideswipe (this is going to most likely be another series were we'll never get Sunstreaker I assume), the small orange bot is Fixit, that giant frog is the Decepticon named Underbite, and the ghostly red and blue robot guiding Bumblebee is the currently deceased Optimus Prime.

The human boy's name, however, has not yet been revealed so you win a little there Snicker. (Yes
the names were reviled a long time before the trailer; except for Underbite, no clue how the TFwiki team found out by the offical release teaser)

Last edited Sep 17, 2014 at 11:59PM EDT

Sir Soundwave wrote:

Ok, it's been bothering me since the Robots in Disguise 2015 series Teaser release.

Snickerway wrote:

I’ll wait before I do any serious judging, though. We don’t even know the characters’ names at this point.

The cast's names (so far): The yellow one is Bumblebee, The new white fembot is Strongarm, Red is Sideswipe (this is going to most likely be another series were we'll never get Sunstreaker I assume), the small orange bot is Fixit, that giant frog is the Decepticon named Underbite, and the ghostly red and blue robot guiding Bumblebee is the currently deceased Optimus Prime.

The human boy's name, however, has not yet been revealed so you win a little there Snicker. (Yes
the names were reviled a long time before the trailer; except for Underbite, no clue how the TFwiki team found out by the offical release teaser)

Wait…Strongarm is a fembot? From the trailer I swear to god I thought he was another Prowl/Red Alert esque bot!?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!