Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

I can't believe this is going to be an actual series.

Last posted Aug 29, 2014 at 07:30PM EDT. Added Aug 22, 2014 at 05:07PM EDT
17 posts from 15 users

Nintendo making a new show that's terrible and panders to the most immature parts of children's minds treating them like they're completely stupid and can't tell good entertainment from bad? Hahahah! This is old news to me. It's absolutely disgusting some of the "shows" they try to pass off to kids. Usually these things last one season max until they're dropped into Nickelodeon's junk channel for any failed projects nowadays known as "Nicktoons". This is beyond ridiculous already. Sanjay and Craig and Breadwinners were blatant attempts at copying CN's style full of fart jokes and but jokes and nothing of value. I didn't think they could stoop any lower. This looks absolutely terrible. I know I shouldn't judge it before seeing it but based on their reputation I doubt it'll be good.

Slutty Sam wrote:

Nintendo making a new show that's terrible and panders to the most immature parts of children's minds treating them like they're completely stupid and can't tell good entertainment from bad? Hahahah! This is old news to me. It's absolutely disgusting some of the "shows" they try to pass off to kids. Usually these things last one season max until they're dropped into Nickelodeon's junk channel for any failed projects nowadays known as "Nicktoons". This is beyond ridiculous already. Sanjay and Craig and Breadwinners were blatant attempts at copying CN's style full of fart jokes and but jokes and nothing of value. I didn't think they could stoop any lower. This looks absolutely terrible. I know I shouldn't judge it before seeing it but based on their reputation I doubt it'll be good.

*Nickelodeon

I'm all for a new Mario cartoon.

By the way, does anyone have a link for a video of this cartoon? I want to pass my judgement through its animation. (Movement not visual)

Last edited Aug 22, 2014 at 07:15PM EDT

Let's not be that fast to make conclusions. I mean, a quick glance at Adventure Time looks like some crazy random cartoon. A boy with a sword and a talking dog that fights an ice wizard that kidnaps candy? First time I watched it I was, confused. But it actually became an amazing cartoon. Not saying this looks good, it doesn't really, just give it a tiny chance. It at least deserves that.

Jersey Jimmy wrote:

Brace yourselves. A Mr. Enter review is coming.

You know, it's a funny thing: I kind of felt like I was the only one who knew of his existence. That doesn't make any sense of course, but he just kinda… came out of nowhere, didn't he? I definitely see an early AVGN/NC in him, but with a much more serious angle. Needs to tighten up his writing and editing, but the potential is huge.

On another note, can any of you guys figure out the exact year that the last great Nickelodeon show went off the air/went to shit? (I'll exclude Korra for the sake of argument.)

0.9999...=1 wrote:

You know, it's a funny thing: I kind of felt like I was the only one who knew of his existence. That doesn't make any sense of course, but he just kinda… came out of nowhere, didn't he? I definitely see an early AVGN/NC in him, but with a much more serious angle. Needs to tighten up his writing and editing, but the potential is huge.

On another note, can any of you guys figure out the exact year that the last great Nickelodeon show went off the air/went to shit? (I'll exclude Korra for the sake of argument.)

Well, TMNT's good. Other than that, I'll guess 2008, when Avatar ended and FOP shat out Poof. Guh.

Ticklechap Crispybottom wrote:

The full show is probably going to look better than this, though.
There is nothing known yet about this expect for the premise, so isn't it a little pre-mature to hate on this?

I'm agreeing that we should wait until the finished product arrives before we denounce it.
After all, if you told people in 1998 this guy would be huge:

there would be very few people would believe you.
(Please don't think I'm implying this will be the next Spongebob. It's just a reminder that first drafts of almost anything tend to look bad in the beginning.)

Wha… What is this? Is this a web series? A comic? And if this really is gonna be a thing, will it really be on prime time Nick? Cuz this looks like a show for toddlers that parents slap on the Tv to keep them distracted. Seriously, this desperate attempt to keep Nick afloat is getting more and more embarrassing.

Last edited Aug 28, 2014 at 02:11AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!