Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Kagerou Project Discussion

Last posted Dec 04, 2014 at 06:27PM EST. Added Nov 14, 2014 at 09:41AM EST
18 posts from 2 users

Well, the anime was somewhat of a disappointment if I am totally honest. The music was amazing though, so that makes up for it.
I have a question, does the manga extend beyond the show? I want some questions answered.

The thing about Mekakucity Actors is that it's the final arc of the Project, which consists of the songs, the novels, the manga, and the anime. If you can, try to watch them in that order and don't think of MCA as an adaptation. I got pissed at the show's ending initially, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that 1) it was exceptionally executed even if the pacing left a lot to be desired and 2) we deserve a happy ending.

Well, relatively happy. We've had some ups and downs. The happiest song in the Project, Otsukimi Recital, has depression as its central theme. Check out my comment about Kano on the Project's KYM page.

Her name's Azami, by the way.

Last edited Nov 14, 2014 at 09:12PM EST

Well, knowing that, consider me even more disappointed….

I will stop talking about the negatives though. The music is really great, both the vocaloid and anime soundtrack. The op song is one of my favorites of all time. I also love the guitar in Toumai answer.

Genesis Does wrote:

More disappointed?

Well, yeah. It was pretty abrupt and anti-climactic. Its not a bad series, and because of the music, It's a very memorable one, but I do feel its leaves a lot to be desired.

I don't think that music alone can justify any series, but there's a lot more holding MCA up. For example, it's probably the most visually interesting anime I've seen, including Madoka Magicka. Look at the credits for Lost Time Memory. Not only are they beautiful, they're really damn important. That whole scene establishes solely through visuals that Shintaro's ability to remember everything from every arc and time loop has awakened. And the re-use of the shots of the Mekakushi Dan from the beginning, but in a completely different context was absolutely brilliant. That kind of stuff is all over the show, as well as the PVs.

Last edited Nov 15, 2014 at 09:04PM EST

Oh, I don't think that's the only thing good about it, but its probably the best aspect of it. while I don't think its as good as SHAFTs other works, Madoka and the Monogateri series, visually speaking that is, it is very good. I was really digging its story as well, it was just the final episodes that soured the experience for me.

Yeah, I know what you mean. They've grown on me in the last few months, but initially, I HATED the ending. Passionately. I still maintain that the ending's sort of weak, and the show needed to be at least 16 episodes rather than twelve, and I still loathe the fact that Hibiya's arc was just dropped, but thinking of it as supplemental to the rest of the project has softened my feelings toward the ending immensely.

So, changing gears a bit, tell me how you first discovered the Project, ie, what was your first song, what got you hooked, etc.

Genesis Does wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean. They've grown on me in the last few months, but initially, I HATED the ending. Passionately. I still maintain that the ending's sort of weak, and the show needed to be at least 16 episodes rather than twelve, and I still loathe the fact that Hibiya's arc was just dropped, but thinking of it as supplemental to the rest of the project has softened my feelings toward the ending immensely.

So, changing gears a bit, tell me how you first discovered the Project, ie, what was your first song, what got you hooked, etc.

kagerou days was the first song I heard, and that was probably the song that got me to like Vocaloids. I ended up purchasing the album on Itunes and my favorite songs on the album were toumei answer and headphone actor. I also was very fond of the character designs.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!