Forums / Media / Music

6,760 total conversations in 425 threads

+ New Thread

Favorite Instruments

Last posted Dec 04, 2014 at 02:38PM EST. Added Dec 01, 2014 at 11:41PM EST
24 posts from 22 users

Pretty self-explanatory. What instruments consistently make your favorite songs or sounds? Or, if you play instruments, which do you find more fun to play yourself?

Personally, my top few would go to violin, piano, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, castanets, and whatever the hell the whistling sound is here:

I love pianos and violins because of the passion and beauty they can put into things. Usually the most beautiful songs are composed with these instruments and have for centuries, and for good reason. I love acoustic guitars for really slow and often pretty solos, but I also love fast and passionate acoustic that is often accompanied with above referenced castanets to give music a Spanish-vibe. Electric guitars I like for pretty much the same reasons most everyone else likes them. There are tons of other instruments I love when I hear them, but usually I have no clue where to even start figuring out what it is, like the whistling I can hear in many songs I showed above. There are lots of sounds I like, I just don't know what they are, so I stuck mostly to what I know.

About the "Spanish-sounding" guitar with the castanets, perfect example right here:

Last edited Dec 01, 2014 at 11:53PM EST

I'd say there's nothing better than the combination of guitar, bass, keyboards, drums and scratchy vocals to make the most badass, awesome music. But if I had to make an addition…

Motherfucking electric violin.

I love the Les Paul more than anything in the world. They just look so cool and sound so amazing just listen to this masterpiece and see what it can do:

Also again the look of these things are awesome just see for yourself:

Last edited Dec 02, 2014 at 03:52PM EST

i like guitars. it's hard to choose one favourite, but these three are something like unreachable dreams for me (since i'm a lefty ;_;):

ibanez universe 777p:

jackson rr24 (jackson stars rr-j2sp has better specs imo though, but they look about the same):

caparison also makes beautiful guitars.
i like vocal cords too. vocal cords are great. and the vestibular fold.

Pianos (because I play the piano), cellos, clarinets, accordions, bagpipes, gongs, vibraphones, tubular bells (or any other kind of bell), and organs.

For those not familiar with this, it's the Roland TB-303 synthesizer, an old analog synth from the early 80s. This little thing pretty much defines the genre of acid. It's essentially the Hammond organ of electronic music, in that everybody wants an original one and it's effectively useless for anything other than its signature sound.

Last edited Dec 03, 2014 at 02:07AM EST

As others have said before me, I am a bassman^max.

I've played standup since I was in elementary school, started electric 2 years later. Can't get enough of it, though hate "bass heavy" electro for the most part. I haven't sought much out so maybe it's just me but most of what I've heard is not structured, simple, musically boring however you wanna phrase it.

Meanwhile in jazz bass-land

I also love the sax, though I think that has something to do with my early exposure to Cowboy Bebop, specifically the song Goodnight Julia

Last edited Dec 03, 2014 at 03:48AM EST

KEYTARS, BITCHES. The only instrument I was halfway decent at. I was in a band and it was pretty fun to be the "keytar guy" while it lasted.

Here are the ones that I own:

The Yamaha SHS-10

And the Roland Lucina AX-09.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!