Forums / Discussion / Q & A

3,267 total conversations in 494 threads

+ New Thread

Color UNICODE, Technical Question

Last posted Dec 13, 2014 at 12:11AM EST. Added Dec 12, 2014 at 11:29PM EST
3 posts from 2 users

I'm not really sure if this is the right place to post this, but…

Ignoring the content, context and any associated unpleasantness of the subsequent image, how do you do this? I mean the unicode (ascii?) image, not the hacking part?

I assume there's some kind of picture-to-text converter, but I've not been able to find anything quite like it.

(Once again, this is purely a technical question. Please try not to derail. I would use a less controversial image, but this is the only example I've got?)

I don't see any references of ASCII characters containing any shade other than monochrome in themselves. And my understanding is that they shouldn't.

But you can use CSS to color any ascii character into any color of the rainbow and that would be my first guess of what he did.

The best way of knowing is to link me that actual post.

If I can see the code then I can determine exactly what he used

I only have the picture from KYM and it didn't have a source listed so I don't know where it's from exactly (other than Furaffinity). And, since it it was a hack, its probably already been reverted.

I've found one online converter that seems to do something similar, but not quite:
http://picascii.com/

I'm assuming that they're colored versions of this symbol: █ whatever it's called…

Last edited Dec 13, 2014 at 12:11AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!