Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,702 total conversations in 1,732 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Popup Adds

Last posted Jan 27, 2012 at 08:36AM EST. Added Jan 26, 2012 at 04:37PM EST
11 posts from 3 users

Something on this site has for the past few days occasionally given me popups to random sites. I've been closing them immediately and virus checking my computer, and fortunately I'm clean. So, I'm wondering if there's an advertiser that's violating this site's rules.
Sorry for complaining, but if there is a problem, we should fix it. Most people when they see popups assume that they're on a site of poor repute.

This is what happened when I tried to navigate away from the page.

I think it's trying to give my a virus/scam me. I didn't get a screencap of this (because by this point I had to purposefully crash firefox) but another popup showed up called "Internet Payday)
*Edit: I'm not getting them on specific pages. I got them on the Hipster page, and on the forums.

Last edited Jan 26, 2012 at 06:54PM EST

Ok, I've thoroughly checked my computer; I don't have a virus. If must be coming from somewhere inside the site, as I've never seen it here.
It generally pops up when you load a new page. I got one while I was on youtube too, so now I'm wondering if my browser has just been corrupted. I'm reinstalling it and lets see if the problem goes away.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!