Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,702 total conversations in 1,732 threads

+ New Thread

Why no image uploads for GIF gallery?

Last posted Jul 07, 2012 at 07:22PM EDT. Added Jul 02, 2012 at 08:50PM EDT
9 posts from 6 users

Papa Coolface wrote:

What the devil are you talking about?

The staff has locked the image gallery on the GIF entry, making it so no more images can be uploaded.

As for the reason, it's most likely because people were just using it as a personal dumping ground for gifs. A lot of these were already uploaded in seperate entries as well. Plus it wasn't really improving the speed of the image stream. With 500+ images, I think it should be obvious what a .gif is. The problem with the entry is that there isn't a certain focus. Every gif in existence can basically be uploaded to the image gallery, which would be a bit too much.

RandomMan wrote:

The staff has locked the image gallery on the GIF entry, making it so no more images can be uploaded.

As for the reason, it's most likely because people were just using it as a personal dumping ground for gifs. A lot of these were already uploaded in seperate entries as well. Plus it wasn't really improving the speed of the image stream. With 500+ images, I think it should be obvious what a .gif is. The problem with the entry is that there isn't a certain focus. Every gif in existence can basically be uploaded to the image gallery, which would be a bit too much.

Is this permanent?

Chester V. Vancouver wrote:

Is this permanent?

Can't say, depends on the staff. They're all away from the office atm, so I can't ask.

amanda b. wrote:

Right before Brad locked it, there was a flood of borderline nsfw gifs with boobs. A tittiepocalypse if you will.

Yeah that was me, sorry. I didn't mean to piss you people off. Let me make it up to you by removing the images so the GIF article isn't full of boobs. Would be nice if there is a meme article on anime boobies.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!