Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,702 total conversations in 1,732 threads

+ New Thread

did you check some of the ads in this site?

Last posted Sep 13, 2013 at 06:39AM EDT. Added Sep 11, 2013 at 02:16PM EDT
9 posts from 7 users

i mean, holy crap, some of them are creepy as hell

and some are downright offensive.

one add has picutre of a horribly obese woman, another of a guy with a huge and split belly 0_o

and another is a bra with scissors saying "click to cut".

who is in charge of these adds? can't we have more user friendly adds like "buy pepsi cola" or something?

ok ill provide screencaps when these will show up already, im dead serious… these adds really make me feel uncomfrotble

EDIT:

ok here's a wierd one, not one of the things i mentioned but still creepy as fuck

TO THE USER BELOW

no, search suggestions are based off history. not ads.

even when browing from A SCHOOL COMPUTER these adds show up.

maybe it's based off the location… =\

Last edited Sep 11, 2013 at 04:46PM EDT

Ads are based on your IP physical location, previous search history, and system info.

If there is no previous search history available (i.e OS just installed) the ads will be random based on IP physical location.

-
Most of the ads that show up for me are Canadian based ISPs, Canadian companies, etc since im in Toronto. If its not one of those, it will be either something I searched for (for example wireless routers) or something based on my system (im currently on a Mac so I get ads for software thats supposed to help my Mac run faster).

This is the information your system shares that will be used for ads (plus search history)

Last edited Sep 11, 2013 at 07:31PM EDT

I have ad block now but before, I had a shit load of Spanish febreeze ads which annoyed the fuck out of me since there wasn't a mute button AND THEY CAME ONE AFTER ONE. And then I got ad block. Don't use it all the time, but use it here due to that experience.

LNH wrote:

I have ad block now but before, I had a shit load of Spanish febreeze ads which annoyed the fuck out of me since there wasn't a mute button AND THEY CAME ONE AFTER ONE. And then I got ad block. Don't use it all the time, but use it here due to that experience.

You can report those types of ads here. The site doesn't want autoplay and sound ads either.

Jolly Jew wrote:

ok ill provide screencaps when these will show up already, im dead serious… these adds really make me feel uncomfrotble

EDIT:

ok here's a wierd one, not one of the things i mentioned but still creepy as fuck

TO THE USER BELOW

no, search suggestions are based off history. not ads.

even when browing from A SCHOOL COMPUTER these adds show up.

maybe it's based off the location… =\

ULTRA DUCKFACE

SHIT

Ads are also based on your location.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!