Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,700 total conversations in 1,732 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
What's up with these "vashikaran baba" things?

Last posted Nov 17, 2013 at 12:36PM EST. Added Nov 17, 2013 at 08:22AM EST
6 posts from 4 users

I'm no expert on spambots but I can at least give yea on what I know about them. For what I gather spambots are nothing more than machines made of codes and data instead of wire and metal, and like machines they're usually for one single purpose and that is to clog up a target site with useless junk data and bogus advertisement. Now the reason why vashikaran keeps popping up on the forums is because the creator(s) of the spambots keep reviving the damn thing. It doesn't help that not only can they just make a new accounts when ever the old ones get banned but there's also the high probability that they're multiple individuals behind the spam.

Plus any methods that we can produce that can permanently get rid of them would only hurt the site in the long run, cause for us to truly get rid of them would be to stop new members from
joining, and I'm pretty sure none of us want that to happen now.

I believe these forums would help explain the situation much better than I could ladies and gentlemen of KYM.
Spambot solutions
Spambot problems
Spambot Infestation
And this is just to show how bad the previous spam problem was 9 months ago.

I hope my info was enough to help you Kebab.

Last edited Nov 17, 2013 at 09:15AM EST

@Crow
I think that's about as much as anyone can say with regards to the site, so thank you for making this post easier for me.

People who get paid to spam or spambots are behind the spam threads, but waiting for a moderator to get to them is about all that can be done. James probably could take some action to reduce the amount of spam, but it would also chance that new users would be discouraged from joining the site.

And despite our (perhaps lessened) hate of the dreaded, noob-tailed "BNM," they actually bring fresh ideas for articles that staff and mods can't always know about.

I'm going to bring back this image as we haven't used it in a while (and mostly because it took me forever to find it again.)

The Web is massive and ever-changing, so restricting account creation too much is nearly fundamentally detrimental to us a site Web phenomena documentation site.

I'd like to think that we keep the forums clear of them for most of the time, so I wouldn't propose a change to the spam/spambot removal process. And the names are mostly irrelevant.

I'll leave this open for a bit, but I'll come back and lock it if OP didn't have anything to add. I'm pretty sure we're all done here.

Last edited Nov 17, 2013 at 10:26AM EST

Shit I was trying to edit on what was my previous comment but I deleted it by mistake. Huh, I guess this thread is due for locking unless someone else comes by and brings something else to the table.

Last edited Nov 17, 2013 at 11:18AM EST

CrowTheMagician wrote:

I'm no expert on spambots but I can at least give yea on what I know about them. For what I gather spambots are nothing more than machines made of codes and data instead of wire and metal, and like machines they're usually for one single purpose and that is to clog up a target site with useless junk data and bogus advertisement. Now the reason why vashikaran keeps popping up on the forums is because the creator(s) of the spambots keep reviving the damn thing. It doesn't help that not only can they just make a new accounts when ever the old ones get banned but there's also the high probability that they're multiple individuals behind the spam.

Plus any methods that we can produce that can permanently get rid of them would only hurt the site in the long run, cause for us to truly get rid of them would be to stop new members from
joining, and I'm pretty sure none of us want that to happen now.

I believe these forums would help explain the situation much better than I could ladies and gentlemen of KYM.
Spambot solutions
Spambot problems
Spambot Infestation
And this is just to show how bad the previous spam problem was 9 months ago.

I hope my info was enough to help you Kebab.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!