Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,708 total conversations in 1,732 threads

+ New Thread

Karma Issue

Last posted Jan 10, 2010 at 07:03PM EST. Added Jan 04, 2010 at 07:55PM EST
11 posts from 7 users

I agree. I'm curious to see my own karma.

@animecello
I was looking through old threads for nostalgia and I saw that half of your old posts were upped.
Here's an example.

That was 22 days ago. 22 freakin' days!
So, if you take a trip down memory lane you will find a lot of +1's.

@thread
We need these guys:

I can see the karma on my own posts now, but had a couple of other comments/questions.

First, does negative karma show up additively in a person's profile? I ask because I've been trying to track down how I got four, and I can find three threads where I've received +1, and one where I've received (HOWEVER UNJUSTLY!) -1. Now, total, that's four pieces of input, but if the -1 actually takes away from my total, then that means I have TWO unaccounted for somewhere to offset the -1.

Which brings me to my next point. All vanity aside, I was thinking it might be nice to have a karma console where you could go to view those posts of yours that have gained or lost karma. That way you could gauge who is using/appreciating your advice, what people find helpful, which issues are most pressing, etc. etc.

Anyway, that's all.

Thanks for the feedback Georgivs, duly noted. Right now negative karma only counts if it passes the minimum threshold (positivity yall).

Adding a page where you can view all your posts makes a lot of sense too -- you can sort of view that now on the bottom of your profile page

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!