Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,712 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

The worst video game you ever played

Last posted Sep 07, 2012 at 09:06AM EDT. Added Sep 03, 2012 at 11:34PM EDT
50 posts from 38 users

One of the things that I've been paying attention to is Wikipedia's list of worst video games. Personally, I never played a game that I hated, but I noticed that one of the games I used to play is actually one of the worst of all time. That would be the "Survivor" video game for PC. When I found out it's ratings, I went right to the article and added it, despite the fact I still had memories of playing it. What is the case with some of you other users?

Half Life 3

It was an enormous let down. After Valve released it last week on Steam, I managed to snag it from someone else by trading my portal 2 75% off coupon. He told me it was bad, but I already had Portal 2, so I figured I'd do the trade.

It was disgusting. The story didn't match up with the previous games, the characters looked almost entirely different (It adopted an art style more similar to TF2, just a bit grittier), and the voice actors were horrible. I would definitely not recommend it to anyone on this forum.

It was riddled with bugs and AI issues, the most notable of which was the tendency for flying enemies to continually bump and get caught on walls and try to fly through holes that were smaller than them. The AI's targeting skills were lacking, and I was able to easily avoid most of the non-hitscan weapons with a simple serpentine.

They introduced several new characters that served as little more than filler. Worst of all, they got a voice actor for Gordon. They even went so far as to make one of the new filler characters a love interest of his. Not to mentioned the horribly-animated sex scene that drags on for simply too long, and boils down to two TF2 characters making out and grunting for about 6 minutes.

I would definitely recommend that anyone who is a fan of the half life series steer clear.

I played Batman Forever on the SNES.

The controls are appallingly bad, the fighting was awkward and I actually got stuck at the first place you need to use the grappling hook and quit. I was so happy when the AVGN reviewed it (skip to 5:22) for a few reasons, but mainly because he says how hard it is to use the damn thing correctly and I realized it wasn't just me.

Last edited Sep 04, 2012 at 12:15AM EDT

COD Black ops. I played it and thought it was shit just like any sane person. i just don't see why that there were so many people hyped about it :/ There was another game i had a burning hatred for but i forget what its called.

…Played? probably fagscape, years ago.

Watched an LP of? Well…
NOW LOADING…
[30 seconds later]

…I simply have to say Sonic 2006.
OK, it has good music (and if I had to defend one aspect of Sonic 2006, it would be the music, no question), and Silver is interesting in theory… but they should not have rushed to get it out, you know?

Hotel Mario.
It's not bad..but it's difficulty is abnormal compared to other Mario games and it's cheesy cut-scenes pretty much ruined the game.
The concept isn't creative, and to think this is the sequel to Mario World..it's horrible…

Probably "Hard Drivin'" for the Sega Genesis. If you haven't heard of it…good.

Basically, it's a racing game. The only problem? There's only one track. This gets boring very quickly. Can you imagine playing Gran Turismo or Forza and only being able to race on High Speed Ring or Silverstone? It's kinda like that.

Also, it's not a sprite-based pseudo-3D game like Top Gear or Rad Racer. Instead, it uses the closest the Genesis can get to polygonal graphics. Here's a picture.

Notice how it's in cockpit view? Yeah, get used to that. You can't change that view, which sucks because I always drive better in video games if I can see my car.

Also, the framerate is abysmal; If I had to give an estimate, the FPS would have to be in the single digits. This makes it harder to react, making your car harder to handle. I guess they don't call it "Hard Drivin'" for nothing.

Diagnosis: Screw Hard Drivin'.

Nikolaki8 wrote:

Maple Story.

Don't play it.

Just don't.

Oh god don't remind me of maplestory. It was nothng i wanted it to be. Little kids running around rich as hell while people like me that didn't wanna buy a damn thing from nexon were poor as dirt. I think i had 30 million at the max while everyone else is hitting the max amount of cash in game. And there were OP classes left and fucking right. I picked the weakest class being the "Buccaneer" who didn't do anything but punch things and we were so weak and slow and the only people who we couldn't get muscled out of territory was the fucking starter class. Even support classes like priests could ks us! All we could do is survive fights as long as possible using "I-frames" and flinging the boss monsters.

Then i compare both the weakest class and the most powerful one (Demon hunter i think) and DEAR GOD it was awful. Nexon needs to get their shit together. At least dungeon fighter online was good because everyone was balanced and i could play as a bulky ass priest who doesnt heal except for a tiny bit and do nothing but wail on the monsters with my bare hands. :/

Dr. Richard "Dick" Ballzenall Jr. wrote:

Sonic R, it just BLEW. I have no idea why I ever played it more than once. I'm just gonna stop here, if you want more reasons why it blows, just look up a few reviews or some gameplay footage and you'll see what I mean.

The soundtrack is all I'm going to say in opposition.

(What? I like Super Sonic Racing!)

Oh God, this is a tough one. I can't remember any specific ones, but all the movie games I have owned were terrible, especially some of the Disney ones for GBA. I was young, but I still remember not liking them.

GIANTDAD wrote:

Oh god don't remind me of maplestory. It was nothng i wanted it to be. Little kids running around rich as hell while people like me that didn't wanna buy a damn thing from nexon were poor as dirt. I think i had 30 million at the max while everyone else is hitting the max amount of cash in game. And there were OP classes left and fucking right. I picked the weakest class being the "Buccaneer" who didn't do anything but punch things and we were so weak and slow and the only people who we couldn't get muscled out of territory was the fucking starter class. Even support classes like priests could ks us! All we could do is survive fights as long as possible using "I-frames" and flinging the boss monsters.

Then i compare both the weakest class and the most powerful one (Demon hunter i think) and DEAR GOD it was awful. Nexon needs to get their shit together. At least dungeon fighter online was good because everyone was balanced and i could play as a bulky ass priest who doesnt heal except for a tiny bit and do nothing but wail on the monsters with my bare hands. :/

Agreed 100%.

I'll post my Steam review on it here:

"I don't know if it's just me, but I really don't enjoy this game.

You can't cuustomize your character that much, the tutorial or point of the game is extremely hard to decifer, and the game isn't that much fun to play.

Overall, this is one of my least favourite games of all time.

3/10"

In retrospect, I should have criticized it more, and maybe given it a 2, but if you give a game anything lower than a 3, unless it's really bad, people don't take the review seriously.

I have to play the Batman video game. This game is amazing. It was a very large atmosphere, and has tons of side missions and game play. This game is very dark and intense. I've enjoyed really enjoyed this game with my friends.

I mean, seriously.

All you ever do is press Triangle, Square, and Circle, and after that part, you just button mash. I didn't buy this, btw. A friend owned it.

Spider-Byte wrote:

Inb4 Real Life

Possibly…

It was good for a day then you realised there was no motive and that single player and multi player were the same thing.

I'm going to assume you have the same opinion of Team Fortress 2, then.

Since they're basically the same game and all.

Seriously, this game was just poorly made, and hard as all get-out. Not even challenging hard, hard because the maps were crap, the debriefing on goals was terrible, and for whatever particular reason, interaction distance was about an inch off.

I just thought of another horrid one I played years ago. It was called RuneScape. It used to be one of my all time favorite games, up until a couple of years ago. Sure, it was fun at first, but with all the updates Jagex (The company who made the game) started bombarding it with updates made it terrible. I mean, if you go play it today it's just a watered down version of its former self. I believe that I was around level 115 and had around 50 million gold or more, but then I realized that the game was terrible, so I quit. Also, not to mention that the game now is full of hackers, scammers, and just all kinds of douchebags. They were so desperate that they would actually send a virus into your computer so that they could take your account, take all of your belongings that you had worked hours upon hours to get, and just steal it all away. So, that's also where I got some of my paranoia from too.

Teh Brawler wrote:

I'm going to assume you have the same opinion of Team Fortress 2, then.

Since they're basically the same game and all.

Well, Brink is loosely based around TF2. They did try to change things TF2 already established and then added stuff TF2 doesn't have to distinguish itself from it.

The stuff they changed made it worse than what TF2 had done and what they added was pretty much awful or redundant.

Zarathh wrote:

I just thought of another horrid one I played years ago. It was called RuneScape. It used to be one of my all time favorite games, up until a couple of years ago. Sure, it was fun at first, but with all the updates Jagex (The company who made the game) started bombarding it with updates made it terrible. I mean, if you go play it today it's just a watered down version of its former self. I believe that I was around level 115 and had around 50 million gold or more, but then I realized that the game was terrible, so I quit. Also, not to mention that the game now is full of hackers, scammers, and just all kinds of douchebags. They were so desperate that they would actually send a virus into your computer so that they could take your account, take all of your belongings that you had worked hours upon hours to get, and just steal it all away. So, that's also where I got some of my paranoia from too.

You're honestly the first person I've met to complain that the updates are BAD for Runescape, since it's a perfect example of why companies have Alphas and Betas of their games instead of just releasing it and updating.

So…. I just went in to the future and bought this shitload.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time U
They added motion controls. The gimmick is that you have to tilt the gamepad to move Link, and use all of his items. The screen shows you a picture of Links face in 3rd person, while the game is first-person. In order to use your sword, move the gamepad in to a wanking position vertically. To shoot a bow, use the included Actual Bow and shoot your TV. To shoot light arrows, use the included Actual Gun and aim it at your ear. I'm at the final boss, Kalmo, right now (Yeah, Ganondorf is Kalmo) Welp, better shoot the arro- * dead *

Teh Brawler wrote:

Seriously, this game was just poorly made, and hard as all get-out. Not even challenging hard, hard because the maps were crap, the debriefing on goals was terrible, and for whatever particular reason, interaction distance was about an inch off.

Huh, I remember being super jelly about how that game wasn't available for the gamecube.

Good thing I got battlefront 2 instead when I finally got my PS2 lol.

Last edited Sep 07, 2012 at 09:06AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!