Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,713 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Rate Your Life No. 2

Last posted Oct 13, 2012 at 04:02AM EDT. Added Oct 08, 2012 at 01:43PM EDT
53 posts from 37 users

Larger version
Sex life is kinda low
Wealth is doing okay (mostly loans for business but good anyway).
I work out so physical health is doing very good.
Blah, blah

Last edited Oct 08, 2012 at 03:27PM EDT

When compared to everyone else's, I can't help but feel like an enormous arrogant jerk.

Also, that "Artistic Ability" is in areas outside of any ability to draw whatsoever, like Alejandro said. I.E. Music, writing, etc.

Last edited Oct 08, 2012 at 05:26PM EDT

Meh, my self esteem is shit. I think lowly of my self. I have moderate intelligence. My mental health is very shitty. I relatively healthy for a person who stays at home all day. Of course, I have no sex life. I love to talk, but being my mental health is shit, it's hard to do. I have money, yes. People can say I look good, but I don't think so. I'm an okay artist, I suppose. I personally don't find my art any good.

Also, Meenah with a mustache because I need a laugh.

Intelligence (9):
I feel like a bit of an arrogant ass for putting it so high, but after a quick check online I found that I'm apparently in the top 10% by IQ. Can't argue with the statistics. Also, considering that I'm studying physics at a very good university, it would seem like false-modesty to put it too much lower. I guess putting it down to 8 would be reasonable enough though.

Morality (5):
I wouldn't say I'm a bad person, but I don't exactly go out of my way to be good either. It's kinda hard to be moral when you aren't faced with tough moral choices in your day to day life.

Mental Health (7):
I'm hardly a shining beacon of mental stability, but I have no real mental conditions to speak of. I don't think mood swings and occasional self-esteem issues are enough to qualify as mental health problems.

Physical Health (8):
This one could probably go lower, but compared to the population at large I think I'm doing pretty well. If I was just comparing myself to others in my age group I would probably lower it to 5 or 6. I eat fairly well (sometimes), go running a couple of times a week, don't have any health problems to speak of, and I only drink myself into oblivion occasionally, so 8 seems about right.

Sex life (3):
You really think I'm going to explain my reasons for this score over the internet?

Social skills (3):
I'm really not great in social situations, but I'm not a total wreck (at least not all of the time). This one could possibly go up to 4 or 5, but only if I've been drinking.

Looks (6):
Wouldn't say I'm bad looking or anything, but I doubt I really stand out in a crowd. I'm not overweight or anything, and I think I look OK facially. I do have terrible posture and fashion sense though.

Wealth (7):
I'm not rich by any means, and neither is anyone in my family, but I think my parents earn a little more than the national average. We've got enough to get by, and due to the free money given to me by both the British government and my university I've got more than enough to get through my course without even needing to work.

Self-Esteem (4):
I used to be really terrible when it came to this, but I'm gradually getting better.

Artistic Skill (2):
To give you an idea of just how little artistic talent I have, I kept missing the boxes while trying to fill in this chart in paint. I 'studied' art to GCSE (Brit exams for 16 year olds) standards back in secondary school, but only achieved a grade C (and they'll give just about anyone a C in that subject). My 'skills' have only deteriorated since, so I'm pretty terrible at it now. I guess I can play the guitar to a half-decent standard, but I don't practice enough to be really skilled at it. It's more of a hobby than anything else.

Last edited Oct 09, 2012 at 06:44AM EDT

Algernon wrote:

Intelligence (9):
I feel like a bit of an arrogant ass for putting it so high, but after a quick check online I found that I'm apparently in the top 10% by IQ. Can't argue with the statistics. Also, considering that I'm studying physics at a very good university, it would seem like false-modesty to put it too much lower. I guess putting it down to 8 would be reasonable enough though.

Morality (5):
I wouldn't say I'm a bad person, but I don't exactly go out of my way to be good either. It's kinda hard to be moral when you aren't faced with tough moral choices in your day to day life.

Mental Health (7):
I'm hardly a shining beacon of mental stability, but I have no real mental conditions to speak of. I don't think mood swings and occasional self-esteem issues are enough to qualify as mental health problems.

Physical Health (8):
This one could probably go lower, but compared to the population at large I think I'm doing pretty well. If I was just comparing myself to others in my age group I would probably lower it to 5 or 6. I eat fairly well (sometimes), go running a couple of times a week, don't have any health problems to speak of, and I only drink myself into oblivion occasionally, so 8 seems about right.

Sex life (3):
You really think I'm going to explain my reasons for this score over the internet?

Social skills (3):
I'm really not great in social situations, but I'm not a total wreck (at least not all of the time). This one could possibly go up to 4 or 5, but only if I've been drinking.

Looks (6):
Wouldn't say I'm bad looking or anything, but I doubt I really stand out in a crowd. I'm not overweight or anything, and I think I look OK facially. I do have terrible posture and fashion sense though.

Wealth (7):
I'm not rich by any means, and neither is anyone in my family, but I think my parents earn a little more than the national average. We've got enough to get by, and due to the free money given to me by both the British government and my university I've got more than enough to get through my course without even needing to work.

Self-Esteem (4):
I used to be really terrible when it came to this, but I'm gradually getting better.

Artistic Skill (2):
To give you an idea of just how little artistic talent I have, I kept missing the boxes while trying to fill in this chart in paint. I 'studied' art to GCSE (Brit exams for 16 year olds) standards back in secondary school, but only achieved a grade C (and they'll give just about anyone a C in that subject). My 'skills' have only deteriorated since, so I'm pretty terrible at it now. I guess I can play the guitar to a half-decent standard, but I don't practice enough to be really skilled at it. It's more of a hobby than anything else.

>Did Art GCSE

>I didn't

>feelsbadman.jpg

I'd like to know how people show themselves off as approximately wealthy, what's up with that?

Quantum Meme wrote:

>Did Art GCSE

>I didn't

>feelsbadman.jpg

I'd like to know how people show themselves off as approximately wealthy, what's up with that?

Don't mean to speak for everyone here, but it's not that I have a ton of cash and just don't ever have financial worries, it's just that I'm comfortable with the financial situation in which I find myself right now. I guess, for me at least, the scale measured more contentment than actual dollars.

My Dad is very graciously and generously putting me through college, so, while there's always room for improvement, I don't have any reason to complain, even if I'm not in a luxurious living space.

Crimson Locks wrote:

I based my wealth on the fact that money is almost always a worry for me and my family, especially since my sister is going through college and I am trying to do the same.

Don't you have student loans?

I mean, I speak from experience when I say these student loans don't cover all the costs, but they sure make these college years a lot easier financially. Given, the loans might be a lot differenent in the Netherlands.

Last edited Oct 09, 2012 at 08:39PM EDT

I based my wealth based on the fact that the boss for one my one job uses foodstamps, as do two of my coworkers, and my two bosses for my other job live with their parents/children.

Also, I used a wealth-by-level chart.

Also, because of reasons.

RandomMan wrote:

Don't you have student loans?

I mean, I speak from experience when I say these student loans don't cover all the costs, but they sure make these college years a lot easier financially. Given, the loans might be a lot differenent in the Netherlands.

I got pretty decent scholarships from the school I chose to attend, and a couple more scholarships here and there, but due to my family's bad credit score (which we have been working to improve since 2007) I could not get approved for loans to cover the rest of the cost. So because of this I am taking the year off, got a job as a receptionist, and am going to try again next year at a college closer to my home and much cheaper than my first choice school.
Oh God thread derailment.

Crimson Locks wrote:

I got pretty decent scholarships from the school I chose to attend, and a couple more scholarships here and there, but due to my family's bad credit score (which we have been working to improve since 2007) I could not get approved for loans to cover the rest of the cost. So because of this I am taking the year off, got a job as a receptionist, and am going to try again next year at a college closer to my home and much cheaper than my first choice school.
Oh God thread derailment.

Seeing how you place your looks and sex life very high, while your wealth very low…

…how about we apply the first two, to achieve the second?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!