Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,712 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

How did you find out about KYM?

Last posted Jan 01, 2013 at 10:51AM EST. Added Dec 27, 2012 at 01:43PM EST
47 posts from 40 users

Was searching for lolcats and other funny pictures on google.
At one point I stumbled upon ICHC. After checking most of the sites (art of trolling, picture is unrelated, blah blah) I noticed there was a 'KnowYourMeme' button.

I've started reading the forums and the entires on KYM and here I am today.
Last edited Dec 27, 2012 at 03:40PM EST

I saw the KYM Episode for Geddan. But somehow I found the website later on…

Actually, I am really not certain how I got onto the website in the first place. I just remember I lurked on and off for about a year before making an account. n_n;;;

Actually, I am really not certain how I got onto the website in the first place. I just remember I lurked on and off for about a year before making an account. n_n;;;

Pretty much this.

Two years ago I was playing Super Scribblenauts, and I spawned something random. I ended up with spaghetti cat. I wondered, "Hmm, what's spaghetti cat?", so I looked it up on the good ol' Internet. The first result was the KYM page.

This place for which I have found,
Was as easy to find as a coin on the ground.
A simple Google search for the term "Meme"
is how I found myself in this site's ever glowing gleam.

I was searching through rage comic characters on Google images, and somehow stumbled upon an image of what I assumed was Rage Guy being linked to this site. This was back in February or March of 2011 and spent a year lurking before creating my account.

I was browsing the internet with a friend and he came to this site because reasons. He mentioned that he looked up the origins of Pedo Bear on here and I got curious as to the origins of rage comics. After about 3 months of lurking I made my account and here I am today.

Googled something meme-related (believe "Over 9000"), one of the top results was KYM.

Last edited Dec 27, 2012 at 10:23PM EST

Ann Hiro wrote:

I also like how many people lurked a bit before joining.
I can't say I know that feel, because I signed up 5 minutes after finding that An Hero entry.

I started visiting this sight very often in 2011. I was lurking for a year.

I honestly don't remember. Probably from Google, or a link from one of my friends to here. Lurked for a month or two then created an account. Never checked out the forums till I had an account though, sadly, maybe I would have joined earlier. Oh well, I'm here now.

Randomly looking for crossover fanart, which lead to the Alternate Universe entry, which lead to constantly lurk the general image gallery , until I finally grew a pair and joined with an account.
Now if you excuse me, I'm going to upload an image.

I Googled "How is Babby Formed" one time and I found its page on this site. After finding a whole page about memes, I decided to look at all the Confirmed entries. Sometime later, I noticed there wasn't one for Chicken Tetrazzini, and I found out I could make entries so I did a very basic one. It's funny because when I made the entry I didn't know about the submissions and deadpool, but the entry ended up getting confirmed anyways.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!