320,732 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Better than Homesteak

Last posted Mar 18, 2013 at 11:24AM EDT. Added Mar 16, 2013 at 03:12AM EDT
19 posts from 16 users

Teh Brawler wrote:

>Being on the Internet

>Not being aware of the Otherkin fandom

Oh god, I've heard of these people. It's kinda like if you asked a bunch of hardcore /b/tards what they think a furry is, averaged the responses out, and created what you ended up with in real life.
shudder
But it's okay, because my theory is that this whole… well, I'd almost call it a religion… is just a hoax perpetrated by the Church of Scientology so that the rest of the world will stop thinking of them as the craziest thing out there.

Teh Brawler wrote:

>Being on the Internet

>Not being aware of the Otherkin fandom

A woman gave a lecture on the concept of Otherkin at my university last year. I think she was writing a thesis on it. It has seeped into academia. Yet bizarrely, no-one in the class knew what she was going on about.

I occasionally see tails around, and not just on teenagers. I have never met anyone who felt they were Otherkin, though. Everyone gets asked at some point what animal they'd be, and most of us can find an answer. I mean, I'd quite like to be my cat. He does nothing except look adorable, however the whole licking your own arse thing is a drawback. But I'm not going to make a costume because I'd like to snooze in the sunshine all day.

Anyone else surprised (or not) that Cat Man died last year?
Stalking Cat

There's also a vampire lifestyle community out there.

ifeellikejeff wrote:

A woman gave a lecture on the concept of Otherkin at my university last year. I think she was writing a thesis on it. It has seeped into academia. Yet bizarrely, no-one in the class knew what she was going on about.

I occasionally see tails around, and not just on teenagers. I have never met anyone who felt they were Otherkin, though. Everyone gets asked at some point what animal they'd be, and most of us can find an answer. I mean, I'd quite like to be my cat. He does nothing except look adorable, however the whole licking your own arse thing is a drawback. But I'm not going to make a costume because I'd like to snooze in the sunshine all day.

Anyone else surprised (or not) that Cat Man died last year?
Stalking Cat

There's also a vampire lifestyle community out there.

he died? thats kinda sad… at least he won a world record before he died.

Patrick Star 3D Real wrote:

he died? thats kinda sad… at least he won a world record before he died.

I agree, it is sad. A world record is all well and good, but there must have been a point where he realised he was not a cat.
Goddamn spirit animals.

It's a me! Leox wrote:

:mandatory:
All their members must be initiated by using this shirt:

Jamie Dubs confirmed furreh werewolf.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!