Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,724 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

So I Have A Vidya Gaem System Dillema...

Last posted May 23, 2013 at 12:45AM EDT. Added May 21, 2013 at 11:27PM EDT
18 posts from 13 users

I'm trying to decide on whether to buy a PlayStation Vita or not. I really like the device itself, but my friends are telling me it's a waste. Any ideas or things I should know about it?

Last edited May 21, 2013 at 11:27PM EDT

Your friends are full of it, Dameon. Vita is a gr9 system, (although keep in mind: IT IS NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE!) and it has some great games even if its selection is limited. I'd say it's the best portable handheld system ever made (Yet.) I'm not sure if 3G is worth it, though, because it gets shit coverage.

Ask yourself a question. If you bought this console, what games would you get for it?
I have no personal interest in buying a Vita because the only game I would get is Persona 4: Golden, and one game isn't enough to buy a system.

Essentially, if you can name enough games you want to play for the system, that's value Outweighs the value of the system itself: Go ahead and buy.

Otherwise, hold off until more games are released, and hopefully a price drop.

Captain Badass wrote:

Ask yourself a question. If you bought this console, what games would you get for it?
I have no personal interest in buying a Vita because the only game I would get is Persona 4: Golden, and one game isn't enough to buy a system.

I would also like to point out that if you are looking to Shin Megamani Tensei games, Shin Magami Tensei 4 and Persona 5 coming out exclusively for the 3DS, and not to mention the Devil Survivor games as well.

Damon listen to me!!
I have a ps vita and i love everything about it!1!11!!!!1! People say they have no games, bullshit those are nintendo fanboys who just mad. Theres Uncharted, mortal kombat, a very nice resistance game, there putting Final Fantasy X Hd over the summer and a killzone. It has lots games now and lots coming out.
11/10 would buy!1!1!1!!264$2(:$-;!;&.6fCfccrx,wfz

Only games worth getting on the vita right now is Persona 4 Golden and Gravity Rush. If you don't mind importing japanese games, I suggest Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Shoujotachi no Shoumei. Cute girls getting their clothes ripped off. I never played it but, some friends recommended it. I hear it's hard though.

You can also buy some PsP games. (I recommend Persona 3 Portable.)

Also, Muramasa Rebirth: Seek the Demon will be coming out soon and Dragon's Crown. So, two other games to look forward to.

Last edited May 22, 2013 at 08:57AM EDT

Ernest Is dead wrote:

Damon listen to me!!
I have a ps vita and i love everything about it!1!11!!!!1! People say they have no games, bullshit those are nintendo fanboys who just mad. Theres Uncharted, mortal kombat, a very nice resistance game, there putting Final Fantasy X Hd over the summer and a killzone. It has lots games now and lots coming out.
11/10 would buy!1!1!1!!264$2(:$-;!;&.6fCfccrx,wfz

Calm the fuck down.

I'm sure the Vita has some redeemable qualities, I've personally not owned one so I wouldn't know. I had, at one point, owned a 3DS but I sold it after completing Kingdom Hearts 3D, Final Fantasy Theatrythm, and Scribblenauts Unlimited all within a week. I only sold it due to the quality of the games, not the system. I actually want to get another one so I can own Fire Emblem: Awakening and Pokemon X/Y, because I'm a fan of both series. As for the Vita, again, I don't know. I really haven't heard great things about it outside this thread, however.

I'm not sure about a Vita, but I do have a 3DS, and let me tell you; the incredible selection of games and the 3D effects sold me (even though some games only made limited use of the 3D),
but not having any 3G coverage (only WiFi) is a bit shortsighted. I currently have (a very old) Resident Evil: Revelations, Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition, and am currently looking at Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, but the 3DS is a great handheld to have nonetheless.

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Professor Metallica enjoys pencils. wrote:

Calm the fuck down.

I'm sure the Vita has some redeemable qualities, I've personally not owned one so I wouldn't know. I had, at one point, owned a 3DS but I sold it after completing Kingdom Hearts 3D, Final Fantasy Theatrythm, and Scribblenauts Unlimited all within a week. I only sold it due to the quality of the games, not the system. I actually want to get another one so I can own Fire Emblem: Awakening and Pokemon X/Y, because I'm a fan of both series. As for the Vita, again, I don't know. I really haven't heard great things about it outside this thread, however.

u jus pokefag

@Ernest the graceful

Anyways, the whole reason I was asking about a PS Vita is because I've heard both raving and ranting reviews of it. My friends are all Xbox die-hards and try-hards who think that Call of Duty is the best thing ever.
Last edited May 22, 2013 at 01:35PM EDT

Listen.. I was having the same kind of dilemma as you.
I was a Nintendo guy, but also had a ps3.
I decided to go 3ds.
Why?
Because its insanely underrated. It gets so much hate from people who think it is a bad system with no games. But Super Mario 3d land, Luigi's mansion, Fire Emblem awakening, and finally an up and coming Smash Bros. beg to differ. Also, the grafics are pretty great in 3d, if you use it right

Carno's end. wrote:

Listen.. I was having the same kind of dilemma as you.
I was a Nintendo guy, but also had a ps3.
I decided to go 3ds.
Why?
Because its insanely underrated. It gets so much hate from people who think it is a bad system with no games. But Super Mario 3d land, Luigi's mansion, Fire Emblem awakening, and finally an up and coming Smash Bros. beg to differ. Also, the grafics are pretty great in 3d, if you use it right

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

I would also like to point out that if you are looking to Shin Megamani Tensei games, Shin Magami Tensei 4 and Persona 5 coming out exclusively for the 3DS, and not to mention the Devil Survivor games as well.

>Persona 5 coming out exclusively for the 3DS

I'm quite interested in learning where you heard that, seeing as Persona 5 is still in the works (it's basically the ShinMegTen fan's Half-Life 2 Episode 3 at this point, considering it was originally hinted at in what, 2005?), and even though they announced at E3 two years ago that there will be a Persona game coming to the 3DS (which could quite possibly be another port, and it's not like those are rare with Persona 1 and 2's remakes for the PSP, Persona 3 Portable, and P4 The Golden), it's doubtful Atlus would make it's next mothership Persona title exclusive for anything other than a non-handheld console. I was assuming it would be a cross-buy for the PS4 and Vita, but I could be totally wrong- that happens often :I

On topic, I hate to play the devil's advocate, but I do enjoy my Vita (lel inb4 downvotes for having an opinion). However, I'm not exactly going to defend its library, as the saying goes 'adversus solem ne loquitor'… Still, it can play any PSP or PSOne Classic game through direct download, and it actually does have some pretty good games of its own like the previously stated P4 Golden and Gravity Rush, in addition to Soul Sacrifice, Ragnarok Odyssey, a few Atlier Totori games, Disgaea, Dragon's Crown if you're an Atlus fan, and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (cough the best being Persona 4 Golden, of course cough).

If you noticed, I didn't list Call of Duty. I play JRPGs, mostly, and that's why I enjoy my Vita. Sony grabbed quite a few casuals with the ability to play Call of Duty on the go, but ultimately it makes a great JRPG box.

If you're not into those, you honestly need to run far, far away from the Vita.

FAR, FAR AWAY.

Last edited May 22, 2013 at 02:46PM EDT

Vita's a great piece of hardware, and it'll get a TON more development support following the launch of the PS4. The two systems were meant for each other, and the rise of one means the rise of the other. If you can't find enough games you like you should hold out though.

Also, if you have a PS3 then get the Vita and invest in Playstation Plus. Plenty of free games every month, and quite a few free Vita games as well. (Which I unfortunately haven't been able to take advantage of because I don't own a Vita.) Last month we got Gravity Rush.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!