Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,732 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

What games are you currently playing?

Last posted Sep 08, 2013 at 02:36AM EDT. Added Jul 31, 2013 at 03:00PM EDT
82 posts from 53 users

me, i found the first FlatOut game on Steam for $2 so i bought it to relive some old PS2 memories, and i decided to try the factions multiplayer mode in The Last of Us and i've got to say it's actually pretty fun, plus i recently bought SSX for my 360 so i'm more than set for fun :)

I have been playing FF7, but I've been on hiatus ever since Summer Break because my brother Evan keeps on hogging the downstairs loveseat for most of the day. Other than that, I'm still working on getting full completion on Pokémon White 2.

If I'm not playing LoL with my girlfriend, I'm either playing my first playthrough of MGS3, or desperately trying to beat Duriel with my sorceress in Diablo II (and failing horribly. every. single. time.)

After I'm done with MGS and Diablo, I think I'll crack open Persona 3 and God of War 2, since those two have been waiting to be played for quite a while already.

And of course there's Jagged Alliance 2, and it's expansion, which I should have played through a long time ago (but still haven't).

As for the handheld games, I'm playing through pokemon Emerald for the first time atm, and after that, there's also Advance Wars – Dual Strike, and GTA Chinatown Wars waiting to be played.

I also bought an old SEGA Genesis/Megadrive, and that one has its games too, like Toejam & Earl, Ecco, Castle of Illusion, Sonic, etc.

Needless to say, I'm always late to the scene when it comes to popular games that everyone should play.

Better late than never I guess.

Last edited Jul 31, 2013 at 04:56PM EDT

World of Warcraft all day everyday…

I might restart new leaf though, new town and villager. My current villagers suck excep,t like, one or two of them.

Recently started playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat with MISERY 2.0 mod installed. It's pretty brutal, I'll tell you that…

Last edited Jul 31, 2013 at 05:27PM EDT

I've recently re-acquired some of my older games.

Been playing AoM (though sadly I have yet to recover the expansion, unfortunately, because the expansion s a hell of a lot more fun. Atlanteans can be kind of broken in some ways. At least I'm pushing through the single player campaign at a rather rapid rate.), and just started a playthrough of Half Life (I've got it on a CD, even. Not on Steam, which I cannot even start up right now (which is a shame because I can already think of one game I'd want to play that I do have on Steam (coughSonicGenerationscough)…), which I… am not doing particularly well on. I've already died a fair few times, and I don't think I'm very far yet at all. And I'm playing on the easy skill level, too… Then again, I really don't play that much FPS.

Muumi, you’re gonna cry.

Are you talking about beating Duriel with a sorceress? If that's what you meant, then I can say that it invoked more rage than I even knew I had in me.

Doesn't help that the game autosaves every time I die, even if I close the damn thing.

Also Muumi, hows that MGS3 play through coming along? gotten the hang of it yet?

I got the hang of it as soon as I toned down the difficulty settings. Gotta love that Tranqulizer Gun and Thermal Goggles.

I just beat The Fury the last time I had a chance to play, so I'm not sure how much of the game I have left. So far, it's been a no-kill playthrough, unless those poor bastards in the hover platforms died when I dropped them with tranqulizer gun.

Had fun with The End though.

Went to the little storehouse, sat there and played Pokemon while letting The End wear himself down. Then I just sought him out with AP Sensor and popped a dart in his head.

I almost felt sorry for the old man. His greatest battle, and I just sat there playing Pokemon.

So hilariously anti-climatic.

Your in luck, tranquing the guys on the platforms doesn't count as a kill as its technically the explosion that kills them when they crash, which is very handy as that particular section is difficult as hell to get around without dealing with them.

Ive took The End out a few times in varying ways before, last two times I just found him legitimately then chased him like mad with the Thermals so I could see his footsteps, He's sorta easy to take down in my opinion however The Fear is ridiculously easy if you do the same thing and have the thermals on, stealth and invisibility being his main speciality afterall

I got Kerbal Space Program recently. I've sent a few unmanned probes to the Mun, and I'm currently struggling to build a craft capable of transporting larger payloads. My ships have the tendency to shake themselves apart shortly after leaving the launch pad. I'm also indulging in the occasional round of TF2.

I've been in the middle of Fallout 3 for a while now, though I'm on a bit of a break. It's hard to play Skyrim before Fallout 3, and I'm just not enjoying it as much as Skyrim. If anyone knows some cool stuff to do in F3, I'd love to know.

Also Halo 4, which, though amazing, has some problems of its own.

Current Lineup for 2013:

Portal collection – Complete
TF2 – ONGOING
Diablo – Complete
Diablo 2 – Complete
Minecraft – ONGOING
Black Mesa – Complete
Age of Empires HD – Complete
Company of Heroes Collection – Complete
Metro 2033 – Complete
Red Faction Armageddon – Complete
Darksiders – Complete
Titan Quest – Complete
Saints Row 3 – Complete
The Internet – DNF
Far Cry 3 – Complete
Far Cry 1 – Complete
Far Cry 2 – DNF
Doom 1 – Complete
Doom 2 – Complete
Heretic – Complete
Hexen – DNF
Final Doom – DNF
Borderlands 2 – IN PROGRESS
System Shock 2 – IN PROGRESS
Fallout 1 – Queued
Fallout 2 – Queued
Frozen Synapse – Queued
Company of Heroes 2 – Queued
DOTA 2 – Queued
SC2 Heart of the Swarm – Queued
Urban Terror HD – Queued

I've been playing Minecraft mostly because I just been playing with different mods and modpacks. But sense my sisters BF came over he brought over Bioshock Infinite. I been playing some of that lately today and he also brought over Dark Souls so I will see if I can get a piece of that action as well.

I'm still burning through the Summer Backlog I set during last semester… I still have Persona 3 FES, Devil May Cry 4, Wind Waker, and Metroid Prime 2 left to beat. Currently, though, I'm still playing Metal Gear Rising and Persona 4 Golden religiously, along with SSFIV/Persona 4 Arena when the itch arises.

I was blazing through the backlog until about a few weeks ago when I guess I burnt out. I find it funny that I set out specifically wanting to beat P3 and yet I've beaten Persona 4 twice since I started my playthrough of Persona 3… I guess I just don't like it as much… Oh well, I'm on the Tziah block of Tartartus and I've only got like 3 big shadows left, so almost there, right?

…right?

Finished:
Amnesia: The Dark Descent (10 hours)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (230 hours, 2 playthroughs)
Fallout: New Vegas (224 hours, 3 playthroughs)
Half-Life/Black Mesa (? hours, 3 playthroughs)
Half-Life: Opposing Force (? hours)
Half-Life: Blue Shift (? hours)
Half-Life 2 (28 hours, 2 playthroughs)
Half-Life 2: Episode One (4 hours)
Half-Life 2: Episode Two (5 hours)
LIMBO (3 hours)
Portal (7 hours, 3 playthroughs)
Portal 2 (24 hours, 2 playthroughs)
Playing:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (11 hours)
Fallout (2 hours)
Fallout 3 (223 hours, on 3rd playthrough)
Team Fortress 2 (718 hours)
Minecraft (9001 hours)
Started:
Assassin's Creed (9 hours)
F.E.A.R. (1 hour)
Loadout (9 hours)
Penumbra: Overture (3 hours)
Team Fortress Classic (1 hour)
Unplayed:
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics
Penumbra: Black Plague
Penumbra: Requiem
Want:
Half-Life 3
Fallout 4
Mass Effect series
Bioshock series
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs

This year within the last 12 months:

~Minecraft (On Hold until I can obtain the custom map and transfer my groups buildings into it)
~Luigi's Mansion 2, Dark Moon (Main Quest Done, Still scavenging for Optional Ghosts)
~Fire Emblem Awakening (2-3 maps away from the Finale. But currently grinding up everyone relationships so I can unlock all the kids.)
~Shin Megami Tensei 4 (Just got into the Unclean One's Country. Looking for the Military Base and lost as hell)
~Touhou Series (Got some of the games Normal Modes beat this year, but the Extra Modes are rapeing me)
~Metal Gear Rising (Beat on Normal. Freinds copy so not going to shoot for collectables)
~DmC Devil May Cry (Beat on Normal. Again, Freinds copy so I am not going to go back to shoot for collectables or play the DLC)
~Bayonetta (A handful of missions away from the finale, or so my friend says. Again, friends copy but he's whoring it out to some other friends at the moment so I am stuck)
~Tales of Vesperia (Yuri just killed the corrupt politician and dumped his corpse in the river. Can't wait until he watches somebody drown in Quicksand. :3)
~Xenoblade (Was going a bit slowly so I have it on pause)
~Last Story (I missed a bunch of the "Optional" quests so I am going to have to start over so I won't be as underpowered)

Lets see,
Beaten:
Xenoblade Chronicles
Dead Island
PMD Gates to Infinity
Final Fantasy 13
Skyrim
Playing:
Project X Zone
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Zelda: Skyward Sword
Dust, an Elysian Tail
Minecraft
Dead Island 2
To lazy to grind:
Tales of Vesperia
Star Ocean 4 (second disc is scratched…fkn gamestop…)
Collecting dust because dlc's required for the not shit ending:
Final Fantasy 13-2
Waiting for:
Pokemon X
Phantasy Star Online 2
Xenoblade 2?
Smash Bros U
A decent amount of worthwhile wii u games.

Last edited Aug 02, 2013 at 04:29AM EDT

MScratch wrote:

Recently started playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat with MISERY 2.0 mod installed. It's pretty brutal, I'll tell you that…

Since you're playing Misery, have you tried Chorna Doroha/The Black Path yet? It's the hardest, most brutal version of STALKER I've ever played.

Civilization V
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (for when I feel like dying frequently)

I swear I'm going to start Psychonauts soon. Just let me finish…asserting world dominance…a few more times…

Recently Played:
Minecraft
Kerbal Space Program
Counter-Strike: Source
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Motorstorm
Terraria
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Mario Kart 7
Grand Theft Auto 4
The Last of Us
Imperium Galactic War (Browser Game)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Out of that group, I do not own:
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (It was the only option besides Madden.)
The Last of Us (Played at cousin's house)

Playing regularly:
Minecraft
Kerbal Space Program
Imperium Galactic War
Counter-Strike: Source

Do want:
The Last of Us
Fallout: New Vegas
A new computer (IT'S IN MY BUDGET BUT I CAN'T BUY ONE BECAUSE MY PARENTS WON'T LET ME sobbing deeply)

But yeah, besides all of that: FUCK YEAH, SPACE!

Last edited Aug 04, 2013 at 02:47PM EDT

AoM expansion campaign complete on moderate…

So I played somecSonic Generations as well today.

2 game overs. One was Perfect Chaos (First f**king one, too. COUNTING Adventure.) Second was Crisis City act 2. I lost most lives due to a glitchy spring in act 1. Yes, I get it, Sonic '06 level. Doesn't excuse glitchdeaths from a spring at the end of the act. (I was on my last life at act 2. one missed jump and that was it.)

Finished:
Portal 2 (17 Hours)
The Binding of Isaac (65 Hours, beat Sheol with all Characters)

Unfinished:
Braid (76 Minutes)
World of Goo (2 Hours)
VVVVVV (1 Hour)
Amnesia: The Dark Descent (1 Hour)
LIMBO (8 Minutes)

Playing:
Team Fortress 2 (297 Hours)
Garry's Mod (37 Hours)
Minecraft (Lots of Hours)
Left 4 Dead 2 (23 Hours)
Don't Starve (5 Hours)
Spiral Knights (4 Hours)

Want:
Half-Life 2
The Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb
Little Inferno

Last edited Aug 05, 2013 at 02:57PM EDT

Moar Generations, it went much brtr.

I S ranked that Vector mission in Rooftop Run, HELL F**KING YES! (For those who don't know, that is the most bull**** missin n the game. You have to deflect music notes back at Vector with the homing attack, and you have very little margin for error, because the homing attack seems to nerfed for that one mission. If just one note is missed, mission failed. Most annoying music based battle I've seen (then again, I only have the Prismriver sisters to compare it to), so… Yeah. Huge deal that I S ranked it.)

Finished:
Binding of Issac (WotL)
Beat The Chest with all characters.

Playing:
Binding of Issac (WotL)
No Damage Achievements.

I don't play games. I play Issac.
All day.

Last edited Aug 05, 2013 at 03:41PM EDT

Update:

Tales of Vesperia: Just finished the ghost ship dungeon and got to the coliseum. My play group is running into a bit of a conflicting issue though as they seem to just shrug off the skill acquirement system without a second thought, missing out on a giant deal of early mechanics. (As a result Repede, my usual character, doesn't have Backstep or Guardian.)

Shin Megami Tensei 4: Accidentally forgot to save and the system lost power while in my pocket, trying to grind back up to where I was.

Pikmin 3: 10th day and just got the Captain back. Goal: Gather up all the fruit you can find and find Olimar so he can give back the hyperdrive key.

Last edited Aug 05, 2013 at 05:01PM EDT

Update Again:

~Pikmin 3: Final Boss Defeated, Found Olimar, and roughly 66% of all the collectables obtained (Fruit anyways. Treasure is not marked). Louie is in the game too but he's accidentally lost a few dimensions in his character on the way here.

The Final Boss was a Mercury Based Lifeform that appeared to have the ability to take on the form of other creatures. It's domain was filled with clones that burst into mercury when you killed them… I am getting the same vibes I got from "The Thing". Next I know Olimar's head will split open into that golden metal liquid and devour the entire crew! When the fuck is Miyamoto going to develop a horror game?
Yes and No. For autopiloting your team back to base or out to the point you left off in the previous day while you go get yourself a sandwich it's a welcomed add on. But they built this game to use all the possible control schemes, thus making all the gamepad features possible on the TV Screen and defeating the point.
Overall it was just insanely fun to play. And even though I found it more interesting to look for treasure in pikmin 2 than looking for fruit in pikmin 3, I wound up having more fun in 3 than I did 2. (And for the love of god they need to implement an autotarget for the non-wii remote users. Fighting Flying Enemies was a pain in the ass!) 9/10.
Last edited Aug 06, 2013 at 05:40PM EDT

Metal Gear Solid 3 – First time I play the game. Recently, I defeated the Pain. I found the fight quite easy.

Anarchy Reigns – The characters' designs are so damn good. I fought and defeated four freaking giant mutants and I don't even know how I was able to do that.

The Darkness II – Those relic stories. They sure as hell blew up my mind.

I've been playing freeware RPGs in very different genres:

Star Stealing Prince – Traditional fantasy with excellent atmosphere and a tweaked battle system where effects wear off quickly, the damage spells can cause effects, and the effect spells can cause damage. This shakes up the old battle system enough to make it interesting again.

I Miss The Sunrise – Sci-fi with strong worldbuilding and characterization and a novel battle system.

Lunar Wish – Comedy with a RPG tacked on. In this one the gaming is secondary to the ongoing silliness, but it's good enough to work.

Last edited Aug 06, 2013 at 11:32PM EDT

I'm playing Super Robot Wars Z2 Saisei-hen, and BioShock Infinite when I find time.
I'm also playing through various Zelda games with my girlfriend, currently we've just hit the Spirit Temple in Ocarina of Time. Wind Waker is next if I recall.

CLYDE (Joe's Nightmare) wrote:

Plenty of different ones, mostly fighting games since I learned to appreciate them.

Downloading Sonic the Fighters right now, and I have Battle Fantasia ready for when I finally get the fightstick I ordered in the mail.

People actually played Fighters.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!