Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

83,643 total conversations in 7,437 threads

+ New Thread

change your desktop shortcuts

Last posted Oct 26, 2014 at 10:11AM EDT. Added Oct 25, 2014 at 03:38PM EDT
11 posts from 10 users

i should mention that you are supposed to show your original icons first then the renamed version

Last edited Oct 25, 2014 at 04:08PM EDT

The only icon you ever need to change:

Right click on desktop and select New>Shortcut

Browse until you get to System32\shutdown.exe or just enter the following address.

Then name it to Internet Explorer on the following screen or by right clicking and renaming. I included my background of Nightmarity to emphasize how evil this plan is.

Change the actual icon by going to Properties>Change Icon. System32 doesn't contain any icons, so it should automatically go back to the default folder with the IE icon.

And whala, you have a decoy browser icon. If any of your friends get on your computer, you can fool them into thinking they'll get into your facebook and they will get shut down when trying to access it. You can also drag it into your taskbar and pin it there as well. Renaming it to "Facebook Shortcut" might also fool them. Good Luck!

You can also get on your friends' computers and change all of their already existing shortcuts to do the same thing. I used to do that on school computers for teh lulz.

Last edited Oct 25, 2014 at 11:49PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!